Eating before bedtime - what is best to stop nocturnal hypoglycemia

David90

I Personally do my Gelatin Drink before Bed:

- 20g of Gelatin
-150ml Whole Milk
-30-35g Honey
-1-1,5 g Salt​

I Drink this about 30 to 60 Minutes before Sleep. I Also eat a Good Chunk of Ice Cream before Bed

J.R.K

I Personally do my Gelatin Drink before Bed:

- 20g of Gelatin
-150ml Whole Milk
-30-35g Honey
-1-1,5 g Salt​

I Drink this about 30 to 60 Minutes before Sleep. I Also eat a Good Chunk of Ice Cream before Bed
Good advice David 90! What ice cream do you like? I am having a hard time finding one without the gums and other crap that ,” makes it creamy”

Sefton10

After years of searching I finally found the best sleep remedy. Three scoops of vanilla ice cream, 3 to 5 cherries, Himalayan salt, K2 and idea labs magnesium.

This combo gives me 4 to 5 hours on interrupted sleep. After that the hypoglycemia kicks in and usually I’ll have some tea with honey
This literally sounds the opposite of a sleep remedy if it only last 4-5 hours before hypoglycaemia!

David90

Good advice David 90! What ice cream do you like? I am having a hard time finding one without the gums and other crap that ,” makes it creamy”
I prefer Haagen Dasz Vanilla or the Natural One from our German Store REWE called ''REWE Feine Welt'' (it is like Haagen Dasz with as little Ingridients as Possible....like 4-5 Ingridients Maximum). But Mostly i eat the normal Ice Cream Packages from the Supermarket (it does have High Fructose Corn Syrup tho). I Remember Georgi Dinkov saying (in the Thermo Diet Podcast) that it is sometimes better balancing your Blood Sugar then running on Stress Hormones (in Terms of Searching for Foods and having the Better Choice not Available at the Moment due to Shortages or the Store running out from it).

Also the Drink should help with Lowering Serotonin (Protein keeps it also Down, accoring to Georgi Dinkov). As well as keeping your Blood Sugar stable at Night. But it is just Enough Protein to not keep you Awake all Night due to Excessive Peeing or such Things.

Birdie

I like the idea of tortilla chips and am all for it but 1) I thought corn was supposed to be bad (flour tortillas aren't an option due to gluten) 2) I thought the sunflower/canola/vegetable oils that they're made with (which is the only kind of tortilla chips I can find) are supposed to be bad. Am I missing something? I would certainly like to include them more often.
I think Ray was assuming you made your own from masa corn and coconut oil. For a while we were using the packaged masa + coconut oil ones, but I haven't seen those in the market lately.

Birdie

Masa corn flour that is.

akgrrrl

Hello @Rinse & rePeat ! Your atole looks interesting! I have not heard of it before! Is it the preparation the same idea as Jibs description or do you have a secret family recipe?
I lived in central Texas for 16yrs with many long forays into Mexico. Atole is widely known as coffee, chocoate, sugar, cinnamon brought to a boil with masa dissolved in milk added while stirring. This gruel and a sweet bread is how millions start their workday.

akgrrrl

I think Ray was assuming you made your own from masa corn and coconut oil. For a while we were using the packaged masa + coconut oil ones, but I haven't seen those in the market lately.
Nixtimalized corn, according to Ray is better for you, which is of course masa or tortillas, but Monsanto use has been phased out and officially banned by the end of 2021 in Mexico...so their corn prob better than usa corn?

akgrrrl

HaagenDaz vanilla . Only cream eggs sugar vanilla

akgrrrl

I have a hard time eating/swallowing a blob of plain coconut oil - whether it's one big blob or a few smaller blobs. It just is bleh. I've even tried to swallow the bolus by washing it down with something like raw milk so I don't really 'feel' it. It's better that way but still ick. Would love to hear how others get down that "just a spoonful".
In hot beverages of course! Killer diller in hot choc or coffee

bookshelf

In hot beverages of course! Killer diller in hot choc or coffee
I do put it in my coffee but never thought of hot chocolate. That might make an excellent bedtime snack! Thanks for the inspiration!

bookshelf

Masa corn flour that is.
Good to know. I can't say I have the time/bandwidth to add yet another homemade item to my list of things to do (just put up 12 pounds of onions in my dehydrator) but if I have any spare time, I will have to give it a whirl. There used to be coconut oil potato chips by boulder canyon and one other company but I can't find them anywhere anymore.

akgrrrl

Good to know. I can't say I have the time/bandwidth to add yet another homemade item to my list of things to do (just put up 12 pounds of onions in my dehydrator) but if I have any spare time, I will have to give it a whirl. There used to be coconut oil potato chips by boulder canyon and one other company but I can't find them anywhere anymore.
Because high heat coconut frying doesnt preserve like the use of ugh!"canola" ...no shelf life

akgrrrl

Sounds great! I am curious if you are able to get sun all year round? I am in Canada so you know sunbathing in -20’C weather with the wind chill factor added in at -30’C is a little tough to get the Vitamin D for 4-5 months of the year.
Ox tail is fantastic and I think it is one of the most underrated cuts. I am trying to minimize fat and focus on fructose based foods, as you mentioned, minimizing starch but I do like my well cooked mashed potatoes with butter and milk. I noticed no eggs, is that a PUFA reason?
Also do you use any organ meats liver, kidney, tongue (no bedroom reference unless you care to share??) Oops that was the line and I ran right across it didn’t I? My bad!
Ahem. Alaska here, and prob Norther than you. You telling me ppl there have no south/west facing large windows or sliding glass doors in home specifically oriented for the intense sunny winter days sunbathing?

Ildikó

I have a hard time eating/swallowing a blob of plain coconut oil - whether it's one big blob or a few smaller blobs. It just is bleh. I've even tried to swallow the bolus by washing it down with something like raw milk so I don't really 'feel' it. It's better that way but still ick. Would love to hear how others get down that "just a spoonful".
I put a tablespoonful of refined coconut oil in a glass of very warm milk and drink it before bed, you cannot taste the coconut oil at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals