Eating animal blood

barefooter

Prior to getting into Peat I had bought a pig from a local farm. I went out to the slaughter so I could collect the blood and save it for eating. About a month back I cooked a bunch of the blood, and started eating it with most meals. I had really good energy that week. Unfortunately, I ran out, and I've yet to find another source. Does anyone have experience with eating blood, and if so what effects did you observe? I've heard it's low in some amino acids, and that combining it with milk balances it out. It seems to work well for the Masai. Anyone have anymore info on this? Thanks

Dewitt

There's not much detailed information on the nutrition in animal blood, but it seems to consist mostly of protein and iron. Because of the very high iron content, I don't think it is a good staple.

Mittir

Blood is very high in heme iron and total iron. RP recommends a low iron diet.
Iron rich food can be good for someone with below normal iron storage.
Excess iron is cause of many health issues.
Masai people drank a lot of milk and milk is very low in iron.
It is possible they were iron deficient and they used blood as iron source.
Here is a Ray Peat article on iron.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml

jaguar43

barefooter said:
Prior to getting into Peat I had bought a pig from a local farm. I went out to the slaughter so I could collect the blood and save it for eating. About a month back I cooked a bunch of the blood, and started eating it with most meals. I had really good energy that week. Unfortunately, I ran out, and I've yet to find another source. Does anyone have experience with eating blood, and if so what effects did you observe? I've heard it's low in some amino acids, and that combining it with milk balances it out. It seems to work well for the Masai. Anyone have anymore info on this? Thanks

blood tacos?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B I Highly Recommend Eating Animal Testicles Organ Meat 19
Bodhi Eating The Whole Animal Back In The Days Containing Gluten And PUFA Health 94
M Blocking iron from eating liver Ask For Help or Advice 10
Mito Eating too much salt could mess with your immune cells? Sodium 0
ecstatichamster Eating before bedtime - what is best to stop nocturnal hypoglycemia Discussing Dietary Models 74
M Jittery when eating a Peat diet Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 38
J Reminder on the perversion of healthy eating Diet 4
M Recurring ear infections when eating hamburger Ask For Help or Advice 17
username Erectile dysfunction at 29. No morning wood for years (unless eating lots of starch and fat before bed). Diet 15
miquelangeles How to avoid depressive symptoms when eating choline rich foods? Ask For Help or Advice 19
J Eating for metabolic heat Diet 1
Lambivore 17 Years Old And Eating Like This, Is it Good? Ask For Help or Advice 16
W Real olive oil for eating or solvent? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
Sam321 Can over-eating raise temp and pulse? Ask For Help or Advice 31
R Walking while eating to improve digestion? Digestion, Gut Flora 3
bzmazu Can eating junk food as a child alter your microbiome for life? Digestion, Gut Flora 0
J suggestions for family member who has trouble eating Ask For Help or Advice 8
IVILA Still Hungry After Eating Maintenance Calories Ask For Help or Advice 12
P How Do I Know If My Issues Are Caused By Enviroment Or Food? Dream About Eating Mold Mental Issues 5
T Why Can't I Stop Eating Junk Weight 0
xetawaves Anxiety, Depression And Confusion After Eating Ask For Help or Advice 6
pauljacob Is Eating An Orange Same As Juicing It? Diet 5
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
Soren Eating Liver Causing Allergic Reaction? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Doludolu Bioenergetic Way Of Eating And GLYCATION - Detrimental Effects For Health ? How Can You Avoid It? Metabolism 6
J Eating Liver Makes Me Feel Cold More Often And Faster, Why? Metabolism 7
GreekDemiGod Can Only Truly Be Satiated If Eating Over 150g Of Protein / Day Diet 26
S Taking Fa-soluble Vitamins One Hour After Eating? Fat-Soluble Vitamins 0
V Eating More Nutritious Food That I Don't Crave And I Find Hard To Digest Or Avoid Them At All? Digestion 9
J Nervous/Anxious Energy After Eating Fruit - Blood Sugar Issues? Blood Sugar 9
U Anybody Here Eating Buckwheat? Diet 21
V Eating Less Meals A Day Digestion 7
K Severe Stomach Pain After Eating Most Proteins Digestion 7
RealNeat New RP Interview (8/5) Says, "stop Eating For A While." Weight 59
T Please Help. Shortness Of Breath After Eating Diet 13
B Anti-Peat Low Carb Eating Does Not Cause Hypothyroid Debate - Anti-Peat 56
GelatinGoblin Cooking And Eating Elastin? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 0
L Anti-Peat I Think Eating A Ray Peat Style Diet Messed Me Up Debate - Anti-Peat 58
I Women Gains 70 Pounds While Only Eating 2 Days Per Week Weight 10
ecstatichamster Men: Have You Tried Eating Dried Bull Testicle Powder Yet? Hormones 78
Vileplume If You Sleep Well After Eating Something, Can This Be Taken As A Sign Of Good Digestion? Digestion 4
michael94 Eating Amylase? Sugar, Honey 0
A Night Terrors/Sleep Disturbances/Irritability After Eating Starch/other Foods (Ex Carnivore) Digestion 10
PleaseDoo21 Is There Anything Inherently Wrong With Eating A Tonne Of Cocoa? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Y Best Source For Youth Steriods (preg/prog/dhea) From Eating Brains? Ask For Help or Advice 23
C Getting Over Some Initial Hurdles Of Petean Eating Ask For Help or Advice 8
C Eating Liver Everyday Is Bad? Organ Meat 14
C How To Raise Cholesterol For Anabolism Without Eating Eggs? Ask For Help or Advice 18
J Should I Be Soaking Sunflower Seeds Before Eating Them? Skin 13
Peatogenic Any Ideas Why I Would Get Weird Ear Issues After Eating Chocolate? Diet 10