Eating 1 Lb Of Sugar Daily Has Strikingly Positive Effects On (male) Fertility

Grapelander

It is important to learn from mistakes in life - your own and others. To just give up & throw in the towel is 'learned helplessness'.
At the end of the day plans made may be useless, but the planning process is invaluable.

Patty

When I saw this news article pop up in my daily feed I immediately thought to myself "This study will never get covered by large mainstream news outlets". And of course, the websites of CNN, Fox, ABC, CNBC, USA Today, etc have no trace of an article covering the study or even just the basic findings. And those findings are particularly damning for nutritional mantra we hear every day - "eat less, move more, and for God's sake drop the sweet stuff". Well, as it seems, if a male wants to have children then eating at least a pound of "the sweet stuff" a day, on top of his regular diet, may be one of the best things that male can do for is reproductive health. I would pay to see the expression on any urologist's face when he/she is shown the study and then the patient says "so Doc, drinking 6-7 extra Coke / Pepsi bottles a day sounds about right?" :):

Human sperm displays rapid responses to diet

Diet easily affects quality of sperm, find researchers

"...Researchers have found a study that sperm is affected by diet and its results appear rapidly. The research also gave new insights into the sperm process which, in the long term, can continue to assess sperm values by modern testing methods. The study published in 'PLOS Biology' was found by researchers at Linkoping University who fed healthy young men a high sugar diet.

"...In some cases, such epigenetic changes will contribute to the transmission of properties through the sperm or egg from parent to parent. In an earlier study, researchers have shown that male fruit flies that had eaten excess sugar shortly before the patient became overweight more often produced offspring. Scientists have hypothesized that RNA sperm fragments may engage in epigenetic processes, but it is too early to tell whether they do in human beings. The new study was initiated by the researchers to investigate whether high consumption of sugar affects the RNA fragments in human sperm. The study examined 15 normal, non-smoking young men, who followed a diet in which they were given all food from the scientists for two weeks. The diet was based on the Nordic Nutrition Recommendations for healthy eating with one exception: during the second week, the researchers added sugar, corresponding to around 3.5 litres of fizzy drinks, or 450 grammes of confectionery, every day. The sperm quality and other indicators of the participants' health were investigated at the start of the study, after the first week (during which they ate a healthy diet), and after the second week (when the participants had additionally consumed large amounts of sugar). One third had poor sperm motility at the beginning of the test. Motility is one of several factors influencing the quality of sperms, and that of the general population was the proportion of people with low sperm motility studied. The authors were surprised to learn that the motility of sperm of all participants during the research had become natural. "The study shows that sperm motility can be changed in a short period, and seems to be closely coupled to diet. This has important clinical implications."

Hmmm. Amazing results. Wondering if honey can do exact results?

Kelj

When I saw this news article pop up in my daily feed I immediately thought to myself "This study will never get covered by large mainstream news outlets". And of course, the websites of CNN, Fox, ABC, CNBC, USA Today, etc have no trace of an article covering the study or even just the basic findings. And those findings are particularly damning for nutritional mantra we hear every day - "eat less, move more, and for God's sake drop the sweet stuff". Well, as it seems, if a male wants to have children then eating at least a pound of "the sweet stuff" a day, on top of his regular diet, may be one of the best things that male can do for is reproductive health. I would pay to see the expression on any urologist's face when he/she is shown the study and then the patient says "so Doc, drinking 6-7 extra Coke / Pepsi bottles a day sounds about right?" :):

Human sperm displays rapid responses to diet

Diet easily affects quality of sperm, find researchers

"...Researchers have found a study that sperm is affected by diet and its results appear rapidly. The research also gave new insights into the sperm process which, in the long term, can continue to assess sperm values by modern testing methods. The study published in 'PLOS Biology' was found by researchers at Linkoping University who fed healthy young men a high sugar diet.

"...In some cases, such epigenetic changes will contribute to the transmission of properties through the sperm or egg from parent to parent. In an earlier study, researchers have shown that male fruit flies that had eaten excess sugar shortly before the patient became overweight more often produced offspring. Scientists have hypothesized that RNA sperm fragments may engage in epigenetic processes, but it is too early to tell whether they do in human beings. The new study was initiated by the researchers to investigate whether high consumption of sugar affects the RNA fragments in human sperm. The study examined 15 normal, non-smoking young men, who followed a diet in which they were given all food from the scientists for two weeks. The diet was based on the Nordic Nutrition Recommendations for healthy eating with one exception: during the second week, the researchers added sugar, corresponding to around 3.5 litres of fizzy drinks, or 450 grammes of confectionery, every day. The sperm quality and other indicators of the participants' health were investigated at the start of the study, after the first week (during which they ate a healthy diet), and after the second week (when the participants had additionally consumed large amounts of sugar). One third had poor sperm motility at the beginning of the test. Motility is one of several factors influencing the quality of sperms, and that of the general population was the proportion of people with low sperm motility studied. The authors were surprised to learn that the motility of sperm of all participants during the research had become natural. "The study shows that sperm motility can be changed in a short period, and seems to be closely coupled to diet. This has important clinical implications."

Thank you for this. Also interesting that the sugar consumption was anabolic and did not affect fasting blood sugars.

HumanLife

So, I have recently been facing ED issues which I believe were caused by excessive training by incorporating too much weight lifting, running & cycling in the span of one week. I decided to take a few days off, at least until everything was working again. I was feeling more easily lightheaded as hell, and when out shopping, I decided to buy a liter and a half of iced tea and two bottles of a liter of coke. After a few days of drinking them, and only going out for a walk as my training, I managed to not only recover from my debilitating ED, but had bouts of an increased sex drive and sperm ejaculation. My lightheaded head also cleared up and my general mood was much better. It's not that I was not taking sugar, but that I severely underestimated it and that starch and fiber are what can really make you lethargic if taken in high amounts.

There was a man in my country who had stacked his sauna full of sugar (3000kg in total) in preparation for the 2012, peak oil etc, with the intention of becoming a wealthy sugar mogul in a post-apocalyptic world. A while after he got the job done the floor gave up and most of the sugar was spoiled by wetness :D

WqF5w1W.jpg
!!!

Brandin

For me, there is no surer way to erase all motivation and concentration than a high starch meal.
same haha. 150 grams white sugar in 1 liter milk with some swedish snus on the side my concentration is epic haha.

invictus

There was a man in my country who had stacked his sauna full of sugar (3000kg in total) in preparation for the 2012, peak oil etc, with the intention of becoming a wealthy sugar mogul in a post-apocalyptic world. A while after he got the job done the floor gave up and most of the sugar was spoiled by wetness :D

WqF5w1W.jpg
A big sweet mess.

P

pineywoodrooter

I wonder what the results would have been if they overfed on something else. An acute caloric surplus usually results in a bump in T.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals