Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray

DaveFoster

Yeah I've read the things on it increasing test , but always avoided it simply cos its aspartic acid not that I'm an expert on aspartic acid though ..

Just to note , out of maybe 100 or more supplements I've tried Mildronate is the clear winner for me

Phenibut is a close second but I understand it's serious risks
That's good to know. haidut said he may be coming out with a fatty acid synthase (FAS) inhibitor similar to mildronate. I'm looking forward to that, but I'll try mildronate if he chooses not to.

It may have some cholinergic activity:

Mildronate: an antiischemic drug for neurological indications. - PubMed - NCBI

"Mildronate (3-(2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium)propionate; MET-88; meldonium, quaterine) is an antiischemic drug developed at the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis. Mildronate was designed to inhibit carnitine biosynthesis in order to prevent accumulation of cytotoxic intermediate products of fatty acid beta-oxidation in ischemic tissues and to block this highly oxygen-consuming process. Mildronate is efficient in the treatment of heart ischemia and its consequences. Extensive evaluation of pharmacological activities of mildronate revealed its beneficial effect on cerebral circulation disorders and central nervous system (CNS) functions. The drug is used in neurological clinics for the treatment of brain circulation disorders. It appears to improve patients' mood; they become more active, their motor dysfunction decreases, and asthenia, dizziness and nausea become less pronounced. Since the brain does not utilize fatty acids as fuel other mechanisms of action of mildronate in CNS should be considered. Several reports indicate the possible existence of an alternative, non-carnitine dependent mechanism of action of mildronate. Our recent findings suggest that CNS effects of mildronate could be mediated by stimulation of the nitric oxide production in the vascular endothelium by modification of the gamma-butyrobetaine and its esters pools. It is hypothesized that mildronate may increase the formation of the gamma-butyrobetaine esters. The latter are potent cholinomimetics and may activate eNOS via acetylcholine receptors or specific gamma-butyrobetaine ester receptors. This article summarizes known pharmacological effects of mildronate, its pharmacokinetics, toxicology, as well as the proposed mechanisms of action."

Mildronate enhances learning/memory and changes hippocampal protein expression in trained rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"Previously we demonstrated that mildronate [3-(2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium) propionate dihydrate], a representative of the aza-butyrobetaine class of compounds, protects mitochondrial metabolism under conditions such as ischemia. Mildronate also acted as a neuroprotective agent in an azidothymidine-induced mouse model of neurotoxicity, as well as in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. These observations suggest that mildronate may stimulate processes involved in cell survival and change expression of proteins involved in neurogenic processes. The present study investigated the influence of mildronate on learning and memory in the passive avoidance response (PAR) test and the active conditioned avoidance response (CAR) test in rats. The CAR test employed also bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU)-treated animals. Hippocampal cell BrdU incorporation was then immunohistochemically assessed in BrdU-treated, CAR-trained rats to identify proliferating cells. In addition, the expression of hippocampal proteins which could serve as memory enhancement biomarkers was evaluated and compared to non-trained animals' data. These biomarkers included glutamic acid decarboxylase 65/67 (GAD65/67), acetylcholine esterase (AChE), growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) and the transcription factor c-jun/activator protein-1 (AP-1). The results showed that mildronate enhanced learning/memory formation that coincided with the proliferation of neural progenitor cells, changing/regulating of the expression of biomarker proteins which are involved in the activation of glutamatergic and cholinergic pathways, transcription factors and adhesion molecule. The data from our study suggest that mildronate may be useful as a possible cognitive enhancer for the treatment of patients with neurodegenerative diseases with dementia."

Last edited:
Good liver function
Is the easiest way to lose weight quickly

If the digestion is bad
Everything will work wrong

Like u get fat easily
Bloated easily
Hold water easily

Gallbladder is important too

superhuman

Good liver function
Is the easiest way to lose weight quickly

If the digestion is bad
Everything will work wrong

Like u get fat easily
Bloated easily
Hold water easily

Gallbladder is important too

True.

One thing i find strange is that Taurine is suppose to benefit all that but it makes me more bloated. Probably because of increase bile production?

You are @superhuman so what can i say :D

Taurine is really good

But is breqking my skin due something

Thats why i stopped it

Last week i took just 1 gram
After just 1 hour i started having broken skin with blood appearance

Do you have any idea why ?

superhuman

@Bahaa El wazzan that is true. Taurine is maybe my cryptonite.

Hmm well all skin conditions are usually gut related but also increase in metabolic rate can cause some skin stuff to happen so increase the need for vitamin A etc or maybe other steroid hormones

Regina

Yeah I've read the things on it increasing test , but always avoided it simply cos its aspartic acid not that I'm an expert on aspartic acid though ..

Just to note , out of maybe 100 or more supplements I've tried Mildronate is the clear winner for me

Phenibut is a close second but I understand it's serious risks
Ooo - I gotta try Mildronate (or Haidut's upcoming version).

grenade

Eating very very low-fat (like, 10 grams of fat or less per day) is the only thing that has not only allowed me to lose body fat, but do so at a "mild caloric surplus".

I put "mild caloric surplus" in quotes because if I eat fat at that amount of calories, I will slowly gain weight. A combination of carbs stimulating the thyroid and the body having a hard time performing de novo lipogenesis might explain why I cannot gain weight like this.

superhuman

Eating very very low-fat (like, 10 grams of fat or less per day) is the only thing that has not only allowed me to lose body fat, but do so at a "mild caloric surplus".

I put "mild caloric surplus" in quotes because if I eat fat at that amount of calories, I will slowly gain weight. A combination of carbs stimulating the thyroid and the body having a hard time performing de novo lipogenesis might explain why I cannot gain weight like this.

Great. Can you provide some more information in terms of how much calories a day that surplus is?
How long did you try it out for and saw the changes etc?

grenade

Great. Can you provide some more information in terms of how much calories a day that surplus is?
How long did you try it out for and saw the changes etc?

I've done the standard If It Fit Your Macros approach to fat loss and muscle building before - with the fat loss coming to a screeching halt until I'd cut my calories more (going as low as 1500 cals per day, as a 6'0" male who was 190lbs at the time) and only gaining a bunch of fat when bumping my calories back up.

"Maintenance" calories for me have always been around 2400-2700 cals, depending on bow active I was and whether I was coming off a cut or a bulk.

Starting last labor day, I slashed all my fats, eating only nonfat dairy (primarily skim milk ... up to a gallon a day), fruits, and the occasional starch and shrimp. I would take ADEK once a week with a little bit of fat in a meal, and liberally use coffee, glycine, and sugar. I also used Pansterone on and off.

I started at 2500 calories and slowly ramped up 3000-3200 calories by mid-October. From labor day until November 11th, my weight went from 197 to 191.

Once the holidays came around, I said screw it and ate fats liberally again, and the weight started to pile on again. So I'm starting up yet again.

The only exercise I did was rehab-esque strength training, and quite a bit of walking. I think the walking was important because it is a low-level activity that probably uses fats as a portion of its fuel. And because fat is non-existant in this diet, I can see how one can keep the calories high yet still lose weight.

superhuman

@grenade Thats cool man. Did you play around with meal frequency and if so, did that have any effect?

Im doing the same as you now. No fat, starter today

grenade

@grenade Thats cool man. Did you play around with meal frequency and if so, did that have any effect?

Im doing the same as you now. No fat, starter today

I kept it to 4-5 times a day. Any less and I felt cold/stressed.

Look for posts by a former user here named Zachs and a video on Youtube by a guy called Max Gazzarra. They both have done the same thing successfully.

jaywills

And how has your libido, vitality, well-being and digestion been @grenade?
Would be very interested to hear how low fat has affected these areas.
Have you had a blood test since the change?

grenade

And how has your libido, vitality, well-being and digestion been @grenade?
Would be very interested to hear how low fat has affected these areas.
Have you had a blood test since the change?

Starches made me gassy and bloated as ever, except for well cooked potatoes in smaller amounts. Fats are definitely helpful for digestion.

Libido and confidence were unchanged, of not higher. Since I still had shrimp at least once per week, I wasn't concerned about my libido and testosterone.

Mid-change, I did have bloodwork. Unfortunately, I didn't get stuff like TSH done, but my labs looked good. I'll post them later.

jaywills

Starches made me gassy and bloated as ever, except for well cooked potatoes in smaller amounts. Fats are definitely helpful for digestion.

Libido and confidence were unchanged, of not higher. Since I still had shrimp at least once per week, I wasn't concerned about my libido and testosterone.

Mid-change, I did have bloodwork. Unfortunately, I didn't get stuff like TSH done, but my labs looked good. I'll post them later.

Thanks @grenade. This is all quite interesting and great to hear you kept your test. It flies in the face of the popular consensus that fat drives steroid synthesis, but then again, we do not do the popular consensus here and for good reason.

Starches are very problematic for many, but so too are many fruits. There must be a link between the fibres involved and the bacteria present , or not, in the microbiome of the individual. Would also be interesting to hear what your fruits of choice were and your total fibre consumption.

Keen to see your bloods when posted. Thanks again!

Orion

I kept it to 4-5 times a day. Any less and I felt cold/stressed.

Look for posts by a former user here named Zachs and a video on Youtube by a guy called Max Gazzarra. They both have done the same thing successfully.

Zachs posts helped me get started too. 3 months now zero fat and zero starch approach for me. I do easily gain fat when I increase sucrose intake to high (~600g), I think this is due to the systemic effect of decades of PUFA storage to be depleted. Right now using about 300g (1200cals) white sugar, along with skim milk, cooked fruits, gelatin, carrot, some liver, pressed dry cottage cheese. I eat or drink every 2-3hrs.

Sleep and skin are improving, muscle gains, normal libido, feel much calmer.

superhuman

Zachs posts helped me get started too. 3 months now zero fat and zero starch approach for me. I do easily gain fat when I increase sucrose intake to high (~600g), I think this is due to the systemic effect of decades of PUFA storage to be depleted. Right now using about 300g (1200cals) white sugar, along with skim milk, cooked fruits, gelatin, carrot, some liver, pressed dry cottage cheese. I eat or drink every 2-3hrs.

Sleep and skin are improving, muscle gains, normal libido, feel much calmer.

Cool. Do you try loosing fat now?

grenade

Thanks @grenade. This is all quite interesting and great to hear you kept your test. It flies in the face of the popular consensus that fat drives steroid synthesis, but then again, we do not do the popular consensus here and for good reason.

Starches are very problematic for many, but so too are many fruits. There must be a link between the fibres involved and the bacteria present , or not, in the microbiome of the individual. Would also be interesting to hear what your fruits of choice were and your total fibre consumption.

Keen to see your bloods when posted. Thanks again!

As for fruits, I ate tons of bananas, mangoes, and oranges. Mangoes are a god-send for me. They instantly make me feel warm and have never given me any GI issues. I've had some raisins, too - not ideal, but no GI issues with them and they warmed me up. I occasionally date and apricots, but those were sort of tough for digestion (especially the apricots ... probably due to the fiber). Plain white rice had been okay for me for a while, but over time became harder and harder to digest. Funny enough, Mom's Best Crispy Cocoa Rice cereal - which is rice, sugar, cocoa, and a little coconut oil - is just fine for me.

As for more specifics ...

From Sept 1st 2016 to November 11th 2016 - when my weight went from 197 to 191 - my average daily macros were the following:

3052 calories
160 grams of protein
571 grams of carbohydrates
-32 grams of fiber, 90 grams of starch, the rest is sugar
23 grams of fat
-3.4 grams of PUFA

superhuman

@grenade Thanx a ton man. Cool that you keep track of everything since its so much easier to document and do experiences. I do it also.
How is your appetite/satiety ?