Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray

Runenight201

I have never been ripped before peating.
Since peating (nothing hardcore, I eat 50% of my carbs from starches and drink full-fat milk), I'm naturally ripped.

Eating the peat way is very conducive towards muscle growth, which I think is necessary for looking ripped while being at a metabolically healthy body fat percentage ~10-15%.

EtienneAmelie

Awesome! Any specific tips you'd love to share in your journey that you felt led to that happening? Not just diet but also lifestyle changes?

I fully believe it IS possible to get ripped while eating in that fashion, but I think it requires living a holistically low-stress lifestyle in your environment, relationships, etc as well.

I don't know, it kind of all happened organically. Trying to bring a narration out of it wouldn't do justice to the process. I didn't notice anything changing, but still everything changed.
Realising that a low-stress lifestyle depends on your representation of stress, maybe. That it can be the lifestyle you already have, minus unhealthy thought patterns.
Reading posts on this board helped me too. The general tone. The empathy, the kindness, the dedication. Members here are wonderful human beings.
But then again, my job is really nice and rewarding to begin with (foreign affairs).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

It's all Hormonal

Most desired people are hormone optimized with healthy hair, body fat, muscle tone.
We shy away from the cortisol/adrenlin/insulin ridden overweight, diffuse hair thinners, and poor skin quality.

It's evolutionary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Starch
No Low Fat
No alcohol.

You need the palmatic acid/other fats from diary for fat soul able vitamins+ internal cholesterol production.
The saturated fats in CO help sugars get into the cell, most people are too PUFA ridden to go Low fat.
Then the sugars speed up the metabolism and keep hormones optimized/cholesterol turnover.

Then you sprint and adept to the stimulus with optimized hormones.

Sprints Increase:
-Insulin sensitivity
-Leptin sensitivity
-Decrease baseline cortisol
-Increase Anabolic response.

Your abdomen shrinks as cortisol/estrogen/insulin go down, your muscles grow and keep metabolism up.

You look better in a couple weeks
You look great in a couple months

Low fat
Starch
are abominations to hormones unless you have optimized insulin/gut bacteria/digestion.

Cirion

Interesting. I'm now reading Dr. Jack Kruse's book and more of his work and come to realize that Leptin is one of the big factors that seems under-appreciated (Does RP talk much about Leptin? I have heard his thoughts on Insulin but not Leptin).

I may have to try easing into some HIIT. JK also is a fan of HIIT for hormone optimization. Very short bursts of activity to get the best of both worlds - anabolic response but without excess cortisol.

JK is a little radical for me with some viewpoints though that I am not on board with (Cold therapy, ketogenic diets / very low carb). He also is wrong about carbs causing insulin resistance, a stance that most people seem to think.

cyclops

The saturated fats in CO help sugars get into the cell, most people are too PUFA ridden to go Low fat.

How do saturated fats help get sugar into out cells?

Why would someone who has a high concentration of PUFA as bodyfat not be able to eat a high carb, low-fat Peat inspired diet?

Cirion

Speaking from personal experience - High carb low fat did not work for me, did not work for a lot of people here for that matter. But from my own experience:

- No satiation, always hungry no matter how many quarts of OJ / pounds of fruit I ate
- Constant stress response and constant "Need" to eat - inability to last even 1 hr without food
- Constant waking up at night to urinate, as frequent as every 1-2 hrs

Just to name a few of the problems.

Saturated fats definitely stabilize the blood sugar in my experience, I dunno about it "helping sugar into the cells" or any of that though.

Dr. Kruse notes that carbs tend to not help leptin resistance, which I found to be true for me, gauged by feeling of fullness and satiation. Dietary fat and protein have a much stronger feeling of "Fullness" compared to carbs for me at least.

Don't get me wrong, I eat plenty of sugar also. But I only find it good to bring my temps/pulses/energy levels up and not satiation, which is why I thrive on both high fat and high sugar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

How do saturated fats help get sugar into out cells?

Why would someone who has a high concentration of PUFA as bodyfat not be able to eat a high carb, low-fat Peat inspired diet?

Free floating Pufas and released FFA to make up for low fat consumption disrupt oxidative metabolism

YourUniverse

The more fat a person has to lose, the greater percentage of calories should be saturated fat (30%+ body fat would start with a carbless diet, slowly adding sugar calories as bf% drops, imo)