Easy Way To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker

that's kind of Turkish coffee. Dr. Peat mentions that he uses a low temperature method because many oils are destroyed at high temperature. I am thinking cold brew might be a good idea.

B

Braveheart

Hey, thank you for this...been thinking of upgrading my coffee experience and after a little additional research I'm on board with this method...thanks!

olive

I like to cold brew in a French press for 24 hours with course ground beans. The beauty of this method is it allows you to get away with cheaper beans as the bitterness profile associated is nullified by the cold brew process. Add a touch of salt if the bitterness is still present. Ceylon cinnamon, vanilla extract, pau d’arco and juniper berries are good additions for extra flavour. I like brewing in coconut water, no flouride, extra minerals and gives the coffee a subtle sweet taste without having to reach for table sugar. Glycine is also a good option as a sweetener.

B

Braveheart

I like to cold brew in a French press for 24 hours with course ground beans. The beauty of this method is it allows you to get away with cheaper beans as the bitterness profile associated is nullified by the cold brew process. Add a touch of salt if the bitterness is still present. Ceylon cinnamon, vanilla extract, pau d’arco and juniper berries are good additions for extra flavour. I like brewing in coconut water, no flouride, extra minerals and gives the coffee a subtle sweet taste without having to reach for table sugar. Glycine is also a good option as a sweetener.
:thumbsup:

OP
A

Aymen

schultz

Sounds good to me!

I like the cocount water idea. I do the same thing with rice. If you make something like Bomba rice, which is 3 parts liquid to 1 part rice, you get a reasonable amount of added minerals.

B

Braveheart

hey , which method did you try ?
I did method 2 and it works fine for me, I think I will stick with it , do you ditch Leftover coffee after preparing it ?
i got bored with this type of machine https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41d8QsjalvL.jpg
No machine, method 2...but am looking to do the cold brew (google it)...possibly the healthiest way of all...plus my coconuts are producing like crazy and will use coco water...man the nutrients in that cup! We produce some excellent organic coffee here in Belize too...still experimenting, but my years of Colombian instant look to be over.

B

Braveheart

Sounds good to me!

I like the cocount water idea. I do the same thing with rice. If you make something like Bomba rice, which is 3 parts liquid to 1 part rice, you get a reasonable amount of added minerals.
Good way to cook rice...here in Belize rice and beans, the national dish...best with coconut milk...I rarely eat it though.

Rafe

I thought cold brew was just a scammy thing. Until I tried it. I can drink so much more of that than hot brewed. Goes down good, no jitters, sleep like a baby at night. Can it really make that much difference? I guess so.

OP
A

Aymen

I thought cold brew was just a scammy thing. Until I tried it. I can drink so much more of that than hot brewed. Goes down good, no jitters, sleep like a baby at night. Can it really make that much difference? I guess so.
is there a possibility to make cold brew without machine ? i searched in google and i found they use a machine to make it.

Ron J

Before I switched to caffeine pills, I used a French press, but discontinued that as well after reading that pressure is necessary to extract the caffeine. @Rafe perhaps that explains the lack of jitters.

Rafe

@Ron J
@Aymen
I usually just put either grounds or bagged grounds in a carafe or cup & frigo overnight. Or I just leave it on the counter to brew for an hour. That kind is pretty weakish really.

Pressure needed to extract caffeine: er, if that’s true then yeah that would explain the no-jitters. So does Turkish or pan-cooked coffee lack caffeine? Maybe that’s how it tastes so strong but isn’t too buzzy. I mean, where’s the pressure in cooking, dripping, or brewing without espress machina? Or, does heat take the place of pressure? Not arguing just curious.

Oh, the Pleasures and Pains of Coffee, I love her so.

Rafe

That’s cowboy coffee where I come from too. Unless you were a sociology major & then it’s called Turkish. In practice I’m much more likely to use the Mr Bean method.

Ron J

@Ron J
@Aymen
I usually just put either grounds or bagged grounds in a carafe or cup & frigo overnight. Or I just leave it on the counter to brew for an hour. That kind is pretty weakish really.

Pressure needed to extract caffeine: er, if that’s true then yeah that would explain the no-jitters. So does Turkish or pan-cooked coffee lack caffeine? Maybe that’s how it tastes so strong but isn’t too buzzy. I mean, where’s the pressure in cooking, dripping, or brewing without espress machina? Or, does heat take the place of pressure? Not arguing just curious.

Oh, the Pleasures and Pains of Coffee, I love her so.
I'm not sure, but I switched to a stovetop espresso maker, in case that boiling and using a French press wasn't enough.

B

Braveheart

Hey Aymen, this really works for me...no machine...so simple...

Jennifer

Hey Aymen, this really works for me...no machine...so simple...

I used to make my cold brew concentrate that way, too. I preferred the concentrate mainly because I liked having some coffee in my milk instead of some milk in my coffee. :)

I hope no one minds me getting a bit off topic, but is it the magnesium or caffeine (or both) in coffee that helps with regularity?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals