Easy Scalp Application Of Liquid Supplements

denise

I know a lot of people around here like to apply liquid supplements to their scalp for various reasons, and I came across a way to avoid some of the pitfalls (like losing a lot of the product on your hair, or making a mess).

I ended up buying some of these refillable cosmetic pens (they're unavailable now from this seller, but there are tons of other sellers both on Amazon and AliExpress) and put some Energin in one of them the other day. It works great! The only trouble I've had so far is that I can't store it with the brush down because the Energin is so thin that some will leak out into the cap. So I'm storing it on its side now with no issues. The one other negative is that there's no way to know how much you're dosing. I don't really mind being imprecise with Energin, so it's fine for me.

Just FYI, the pens are a real PITA to fill, and they come with no instructions, but YouTube helped me out.

OP
denise

denise

Thanks for this information - I'd never heard of cosmetic pens. :happy:
Me neither! I stumbled on them by accident when I was looking for something else. It seems they're mostly used by women who are obsessed with oiling their cuticles. o_O

Last edited:

KyleKingsly

Wow this is frickin amazing, I just ordered Energin and have been planning to apply to my head to hopefully avoid the staining issue. Excited to give this a try! Good looks :cool:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing this idea! I've taken to applying MB behind my ears so I don't have to explain the blue stain and this seems like a great applicator.

TNT

I hadn't heard of Energin, but I just Googled it. Is it supposed to increase hair growth?

OP
denise

denise

I hadn't heard of Energin, but I just Googled it. Is it supposed to increase hair growth?
I'm putting it on my scalp because I found that I felt more of a boost when I used it on my head instead of somewhere else. Also, it helps that my hair can help hide the bright yellow color. I'm not using it there for any hair-growth reason.

Have you read the thread on Energin? It'll explain how/why to use it.