Easy Scalp Application Of Liquid Supplements

denise

I know a lot of people around here like to apply liquid supplements to their scalp for various reasons, and I came across a way to avoid some of the pitfalls (like losing a lot of the product on your hair, or making a mess).

I ended up buying some of these refillable cosmetic pens (they're unavailable now from this seller, but there are tons of other sellers both on Amazon and AliExpress) and put some Energin in one of them the other day. It works great! The only trouble I've had so far is that I can't store it with the brush down because the Energin is so thin that some will leak out into the cap. So I'm storing it on its side now with no issues. The one other negative is that there's no way to know how much you're dosing. I don't really mind being imprecise with Energin, so it's fine for me.

Just FYI, the pens are a real PITA to fill, and they come with no instructions, but YouTube helped me out.

denise

Thanks for this information - I'd never heard of cosmetic pens. :happy:
Me neither! I stumbled on them by accident when I was looking for something else. It seems they're mostly used by women who are obsessed with oiling their cuticles. o_O

Last edited:

KyleKingsly

Wow this is frickin amazing, I just ordered Energin and have been planning to apply to my head to hopefully avoid the staining issue. Excited to give this a try! Good looks :cool:

Blossom

Thanks for sharing this idea! I've taken to applying MB behind my ears so I don't have to explain the blue stain and this seems like a great applicator.

TNT

I hadn't heard of Energin, but I just Googled it. Is it supposed to increase hair growth?

denise

I hadn't heard of Energin, but I just Googled it. Is it supposed to increase hair growth?
I'm putting it on my scalp because I found that I felt more of a boost when I used it on my head instead of somewhere else. Also, it helps that my hair can help hide the bright yellow color. I'm not using it there for any hair-growth reason.

Have you read the thread on Energin? It'll explain how/why to use it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P best e ink display? low emf and easy on the eyes. Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 0
Hollybea Comfortable Easy Child Birth Ideas Female Issues 18
T Delayed Sleep Pattern Any Suppliments To Really Fall Asleep Easy? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 17
Herbie Ray Being Almost Killed In The South In 1960s And Easy Rider Film Interviews 29
Light Ice Coffee Slushy - Easy! Recipes 0
M Easy Cheese Soup Recipes 0
Repas du soir Why Is It So Easy For Teeth To Become Yellow, But So Hard For Them To Become White? Oral Health 7
A Easy Way To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker Coffee 19
methylenewhite Doxycycline Prescription Easy Way. Malaria Prophylaxis Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Peatogenic Recommendations For Blood Test For Easy Bruising, And Red Spots Forming Under Skin Blood Work, Labs 12
X Easy Ways To Slow Down Metabolism? Diet 5
L Fun, Easy Way To Quickly And Drastically Increase CO2 Experiments 49
yerrag Magnesium Ascorbate - So Easy To Make With Mg(OH)2 And Ascorbic Acid Magnesium 0
T What's A Quick And Easy Way To Clean The Bowels Of Endotoxin And Serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 6
L Easy To Digest Lunch Suggestions Digestion 5
tankasnowgod Cheap And Easy Way To Do A Dry CO2 Bath CO2, Bag Breathing 6
tankasnowgod Simple, Easy And Free Way To Reduce Blue Light Exposure (and Increase Red) Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 33
biggirlkisss Easy To Break Down Soup With Pork Recipe Ask For Help or Advice 0
biggirlkisss Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray Weight 208
whodathunkit Converting Ray Peat Articles Into Kindle Format For Easy Reading Articles & Newsletters Discussion 12
N How To Make HUGE TWO LITER Gummy Pepsi Cola Bottle Fun & Easy Make Your Own Jello Dessert! Recipes 18
tyler Looking For Easy To Understand Articles On Ray Peat's And His Ideas. Resources 5
uuy8778yyi Best Serotonin Depleters That Are Easy To Buy Supplements 2
SQu Easy No Knead Bread Recipe Recipes 52
edwardBe Easy Poached Eggs Eggs 2
hoppimike Quick And Easy Peat-friendly Candida Supps? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 14
M Lymphatic fluid- why trapped in my scalp? Ask For Help or Advice 23
B Cold Sensation In Scalp Hair & Nails 1
N Can I Dissolve Caffeine Powder In Boiled Water And Then Apply On My Scalp? Hair & Nails 22
C How To Clear Excess Collagen From Scalp? Ask For Help or Advice 0
B My Scalp Looks Like A Brain! Ask For Help or Advice 17
R (PICS) Red Dots All Over Scalp/head Hair & Nails 1
J Methylene Blue For Scalp Psoriasis? Experiments 1
S Direct Sunlight On Scalp ? Hair & Nails 1
S Scalp Massages To Stop/halt Hairloss 2020? Hair & Nails 164
A Cooling Caps (Scalp Hypothermia) For Hair Regrowth ? Hair & Nails 2
metabolizm Itchy, Flaky Scalp - Causes? Ask For Help or Advice 14
Deadpool Scalp Itch After Carrots Ask For Help or Advice 8
N Topical Estrogen On Scalp For Hair Hair & Nails 62
C Scalp Itch - Peating Hair & Nails 0
Francisco Chronic Soreness In My Scalp Ask For Help or Advice 6
D Post-Microneedling Scalp Creams? Ask For Help or Advice 3
B What Have You Guys Tried To Stop Scalp Itching? Hair & Nails 43
D Scalp Inflammation And Increased Shedding (hypothyroid) Hair & Nails 14
B Painful Scalp Bumps Hair & Nails 9
A Bad Scalp Itch While Lying On Bed - Help Please Hair & Nails 9
B Scalp Itchiness After Started Peating Hair & Nails 50
RayPeatFan777 Flakes On Scalp And Face Have Increased Since Starting Vitamin A? Asprin And K? Skin 10
jase_11six Best Shampoo For Hair Loss & Dry Scalp ? Hair & Nails 8
M Why Does Malic Acid Get Rid Of My Scalp Itching? Ask For Help or Advice 6