Easy No Knead Bread Recipe

OP
SQu

SQu

Looks lovely. A very versatile recipe. Results look very much like mine. I find I need a cup and two thirds or shade under, of water. So much more! Not sure if that's because of dry climate or differences in flour.

L

lollipop

Nice one, looking good.
00 is expensive . Can you get organic stoneground in the states ?
Once your starter is well established, you should only need to feed it once or twice before using and you can leave it in the fridge for weeks without feeding or using it.
I just found that Bob Red Mills has a very low iron organic "white" all purpose from red hard wheat. Might try that. Think I am finally moving to Ireland. Has been imminent for 9 months but now actually looks close. So I will need to figure it out again over there.

L

lollipop

Looks lovely. A very versatile recipe. Results look very much like mine. I find I need a cup and two thirds or shade under, of water. So much more! Not sure if that's because of dry climate or differences in flour.
It is really a good recipe @SQu!! I saw that this is their most popular recipe EVER. I see why :): Thank you again for the original post that inspired me \(^o^)/

Catcream

Another 'peaty' type bread is essene , have you heard of that? Sprouted wheat or rye berries which are ground and them baked at a low temp. Very moist yummy loaf , not very bready. I seem to recall interview with herb doctors and Rp talking about it .

L

lollipop

Another 'peaty' type bread is essene , have you heard of that? Sprouted wheat or rye berries which are ground and them baked at a low temp. Very moist yummy loaf , not very bready. I seem to recall interview with herb doctors and Rp talking about it .
Interesting @Catcream - I seem to remember it years ago in my early health food days. I might need to circle back around. The idea of sprouted makes sense. Thank you for the suggestions :grouphug

OP
SQu

SQu

Pleasure! I'm also interested in sprouted, got to make the loaf as nutritious as possible! And also my daughter wants a gluten free variation, for a friend who gets very ill from even a trace of the stuff. I haven't looked into it much, was put off years ago by how disappointing most such loaves were.

Catcream

IMG_6023.JPG
Finished loaf

IMG_6020.JPG
Bread rising

Recipe, Sourdough Essene Bread (Sprouted Bread)
This looks like a straightforward essene recipe.
Would health or organic stores stock it readymade? They do here in NZ :tongue:

OP
SQu

SQu

I now make just with the original 1.5 cups of water. I make 5x the quantity and use 1 of these for pizza the same evening I make it, and the rest I divide into two loaves double the size of the basic loaf and put them into the oven together the next day. I skip the whole shaping and rising step completely and can't tell the difference. They take an hour to bake. Cool, cut each loaf into two, Put each into a paper bag inside a plastic bag and keep in the fridge. Doesn't go moldy that way. The double loaf makes a nicer shape, I didn't love that flat shape; and it makes the most of the oven and the gas and the effort of making it, lasts about a week to ten days.

tara

@tara what oyster shell do you use?
I had some fine ground oyster shell from Purebulk, but last I looked they weren't selling it. Lately I've been adding Now brand calc carbonate to baking sometimes, though not so much bread lately. I can't vouch for the quality of the Now brand, but it's fine enough to not be bothersome.

Recoen

I had some fine ground oyster shell from Purebulk, but last I looked they weren't selling it. Lately I've been adding Now brand calc carbonate to baking sometimes, though not so much bread lately. I can't vouch for the quality of the Now brand, but it's fine enough to not be bothersome.
Thank you!

O

oldfriend

Just tried this recipe for the first time and **** is it good! I had been eating commercial sourdough regularly and stopped after reading about commercial practices and poor quality. Haven't been feeling as good though. For whatever reason my digestion is better, and am more regular when eating bread so this recipe is a lifesaver. Planning to make some a couple times a week!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals