East West Healing's Metabolic Cookbook?

So Josh from East West Healing and his wife put out a metabolic cookbook? This looks pretty intriguing, but was hoping some people here maybe had some experience with it. It has a section on salads and vegetables, but says the whole book is Peat approved. He is a billion times more educated than me in this field, but I was just curious.

jaguar43

EndlessResearch said:
So Josh from East West Healing and his wife put out a metabolic cookbook? This looks pretty intriguing, but was hoping some people here maybe had some experience with it. It has a section on salads and vegetables, but says the whole book is Peat approved. He is a billion times more educated than me in this field, but I was just curious.

I bought it and its not worth 40 dollars in my opinion.

juanitacarlos

I've got it, it's pretty good. Good for a beginner into all things Peaty. I've cooked some of the recipes and they are pretty good. I would recommend it if you are not a creative person (in terms of food/cooking) and just want some basic information/ideas in one place. PM me if you want a copy to look at it and if you like it, you can buy it from their website.

OP
E
Jenn said:
Joy of Cooking, find the blue cover kind at a garage sale somewhere. ;)

Is that a different cookbook I should look into? Why do you recommend that one?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EndlessResearch said:
Jenn said:
Joy of Cooking, find the blue cover kind at a garage sale somewhere. ;)

Is that a different cookbook I should look into? Why do you recommend that one?
Jenn is talking about this book:

Joy of Cooking

Jenn

The older Joy of Cooking is pre "fat is evil", "meat is evil". There are even instruction on how to skin a squirrel. ;) It has tons of recipes, including gelatin aspics, meat prep, identifying cuts of meat, etc. Learn how to deep fry, boil, bake, whatever. Learn how to cook what YOU choose to cook. I got mine for a $1, printed in the early 70's. I wouldn't get one that was dated later than that. The daughter started editing it after that and changed the recipes to be more PC.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jenn said:
The older Joy of Cooking is pre "fat is evil", "meat is evil". There are even instruction on how to skin a squirrel. ;) It has tons of recipes, including gelatin aspics, meat prep, identifying cuts of meat, etc. Learn how to deep fry, boil, bake, whatever. Learn how to cook what YOU choose to cook. I got mine for a $1, printed in the early 70's. I wouldn't get one that was dated later than that. The daughter started editing it after that and changed the recipes to be more PC.
Updated the link above to show the first version of the book.