Earthpaste

Hi raypeaters what variant of earthpaste do you use?

Is the cinnamon no mint taste? And what flavor that is bad?

LUH 3417

i like the cinnamon flavor, however i dont like the kids "lemon" flavor
the rest are pretty good from what i remember

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've only tried cinnamon so far but I like it.

L

lollipop

I also use the cinnamon and both my husband and I like it!

OP
HealthisWealth
how about the spearmint - it says Unsweetened • Extra Strong

Also any comment with the peppermint with charcoal?

Jsaute21

How many on here use commercial toothpaste? Just curious. I use it 2x a week and it instantly makes my breath minty fresh. It tastes like chemicals and i know the ingredients are unacceptable but having fresh and good breath is important lol. Call me superficial but i find it hard to never use these types of products when it comes to oral hygiene. I have used xylitol, k2, zinc, baking soda, methylene blue etc. I think they have helped me teeth and gums maintain integrity and strength, but have negligible effect on good breath etc. Curious in peoples honest opinions. I have spoken with @lisaferraro about this as well, and she confesses to using crest once in a while as well.

x-ray peat

Anyone worried about the lead content?
not until you mentioned it.

#LeadedBentoniteClay: EarthPaste Revisited
"In December of 2013, when I contacted Earthpaste to ask how much lead was in the product, I was informed that Earthpaste had tested their product and it has approximately 11.9 parts per million lead in the clay that that is the base of (and largest ingredient in) the product. [see this PDF from Redmond with their analysis: RedmondClay_MineralAnalysis]

The amount of lead that is considered toxic in water is 15 parts per billion! With 11.9 parts per million—Earthpaste has THREE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more lead – way above what is considered safe for something children might ingest daily (especially given it is recommended that kids brush their teeth daily – and at least twice a day.)"

x-ray peat

How many on here use commercial toothpaste? Just curious. I use it 2x a week and it instantly makes my breath minty fresh. It tastes like chemicals and i know the ingredients are unacceptable but having fresh and good breath is important lol. Call me superficial but i find it hard to never use these types of products when it comes to oral hygiene. I have used xylitol, k2, zinc, baking soda, methylene blue etc. I think they have helped me teeth and gums maintain integrity and strength, but have negligible effect on good breath etc. Curious in peoples honest opinions. I have spoken with @lisaferraro about this as well, and she confesses to using crest once in a while as well.
bad breath maybe a symptom of something else going on. I think those chemicals are just temporarily masking the problem.

Jsaute21

bad breath maybe a symptom of something else going on. I think those chemicals are just temporarily masking the problem.
I agree with you but having bad breath is an awful feeling. I think most people have it if they have been eating acidic foods like coffee etc. Sometimes a temporary mask is better than nothing lol.

camagunn

not until you mentioned it.

#LeadedBentoniteClay: EarthPaste Revisited
"In December of 2013, when I contacted Earthpaste to ask how much lead was in the product, I was informed that Earthpaste had tested their product and it has approximately 11.9 parts per million lead in the clay that that is the base of (and largest ingredient in) the product. [see this PDF from Redmond with their analysis: RedmondClay_MineralAnalysis]

The amount of lead that is considered toxic in water is 15 parts per billion! With 11.9 parts per million—Earthpaste has THREE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more lead – way above what is considered safe for something children might ingest daily (especially given it is recommended that kids brush their teeth daily – and at least twice a day.)"
This is depressing. Can't they not filter out the lead from the clay?

L

lollipop

Yep! Crest about 3-4 days a week and earthpaste 3-4 days a week. I definitely appreciate using crest occasionally. It thoroughly cleans and feels clean afterwards.

x-ray peat

This is depressing. Can't they not filter out the lead from the clay?
Yeah I'm a little annoyed at this. I may try to find some alternative that doesnt have any lead. Not sure that the bentonite clay is so much better than all other abrasives.

@lisaferraro I appreciate the link though Im not sure that wellnessmama correctlly addresses the lead concern.
This article goes into some detail about why some of her assurances may not be correct
SURPRISING DANGER ABOUT BENTONITE CLAY – Dr. Alan Christianson

L

lollipop

Yeah I'm a little annoyed at this. I may try to find some alternative that doesnt have any lead. Not sure that the bentonite clay is so much better than all other abrasives.

@lisaferraro I appreciate the link though Im not sure that wellnessmama correctlly addresses the lead concern.
This article goes into some detail about why some of her assurances may not be correct
SURPRISING DANGER ABOUT BENTONITE CLAY – Dr. Alan Christianson
I know. Saw several like this in my google search. It definitely comes down to personal choice. For whatever reason, it doesn’t threaten me or give me a sense of concern. I am sure you will find another alternative out there that will meet your requirements for healthy!