Ears Ringing

Vinnie06

I’ve had tinnitus for two years now but i’ve noticed the ringing goes up in volume if i consume Parmesan Cheese. It sounds ridiculous, but i am genuinely curious as to the reason why. Other cheeses do not have this effect.

Smelly5

Find out what type of rennet is used in the cheese. Try other brands.

Does your tinnitus respond positively to glycine or anti-serotonin substances like Cyproheptadine?

OP
V

Vinnie06

I have not tried Cypro yet. I saw a slight improvement with glycine supplementation. I believe it's gut related for me as i've recently been diagnosed with UC.

Sefton10

I’ve had tinnitus for two years now but i’ve noticed the ringing goes up in volume if i consume Parmesan Cheese. It sounds ridiculous, but i am genuinely curious as to the reason why. Other cheeses do not have this effect.
Parmesan is really high in glutamate. I don't eat it now for that reason; it was a trigger for worsening my tinnitus.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I have tinnitus since high school, when a friend of mine and I ran a small combustion engine (for model airplanes) in the subbasement of his house - without a muffler! That was about 50 years ago. The intense noise must have damaged the nerves in the cochlea. My ears are anyway very sensitive to loud noise or music. It is strongest in my left ear that was closest to the noise from the engine. The tinnitus gets elevated from salty foods or loud noise (even in restaurant with a lot of chatter) and then comes down to 'normal levels'. It is a high pitch, screeching sound and mostly in my left ear. Most of the time, it doesn't bother me, it is just there as a background noise. Nothing so far has helped.

Steve

I have this problem too...can almost drive you crazy sometimes. I had a fungal ear infection which I think is what started it. Got that taken care of...I hope, but still have high-pitched ringing/static. I'm sure it didn't help that the ENT uses an astronomically loud suction device to clean out the ear. I can't believe an ENT would use such a loud device in a person's ear. Prior to that I went to an urgent care clinic and they squirted a strong stream of water directly at my eardrum to get wax off of it. From what I've read that is also a serious trauma to the ear. I really hate going to doctors....they just seem to ignore the 'do no harm' motto. With an ear infection I don't think an ENT can be avoided though.

Anyway, I don't know that anything has helped my tinnitus. I think stress makes it worse, and I think it's worse when I lay down at night....not just because it's quieter either I don't think. Sometimes I'll also get a sensation that something in my ear will start twitching like when you sometimes get a twitchy eye or a muscle that twitches.

rayfan1

I have this problem too...can almost drive you crazy sometimes. I had a fungal ear infection which I think is what started it. Got that taken care of...I hope, but still have high-pitched ringing/static. I'm sure it didn't help that the ENT uses an astronomically loud suction device to clean out the ear. I can't believe an ENT would use such a loud device in a person's ear. Prior to that I went to an urgent care clinic and they squirted a strong stream of water directly at my eardrum to get wax off of it. From what I've read that is also a serious trauma to the ear. I really hate going to doctors....they just seem to ignore the 'do no harm' motto. With an ear infection I don't think an ENT can be avoided though.

Anyway, I don't know that anything has helped my tinnitus. I think stress makes it worse, and I think it's worse when I lay down at night....not just because it's quieter either I don't think. Sometimes I'll also get a sensation that something in my ear will start twitching like when you sometimes get a twitchy eye or a muscle that twitches.
I have this from past 5-6 yrs and yes, it suddenly gets EXTREMELY high pitched suddenly like how thousands of crickets scream in the late evening. The ringing is usually audible in right ear but suddenly both ears go bonkers all of a sudden , no ENT could explain and am just living like this. I eat meats, honey, collagen, fruits, avocado, cauliflower rice and rarely some cheese. Cant get any anti inflammatory than this! I have Hashimotos and vertigo too. No sign of any cure or relief.

Steve

Yeah..seems to be a bit of a mystery and I don't think it's the same mechanism for each person because ringing after an ear canal infection vs ringing after too much loud noise don't seem like they would have much in common.

I just remembered also that the twitch or muscle spasm sensation I get in my ear is also mostly at night when I lay down in bed on my back. Strange.

PeatyParty

I have been dealing with constant tinnitus since 2017 after doing a daily shot of apple cider vinegar along with a B-complex. I assume it’s a histamine response. Now whenever I eat high histamine foods the tinnitus doubles in volume. I also notice an increase if I have too much sugar in my diet. That being said, eliminating both high histamine foods and sugar does not stop the constant tinnitus, it just turns down the volume.

Steve

Lately & I guess at or before the tinnitus started, I always get a bloated gut at bedtime....which is also when my ringing gets worse.
I almost don't notice it in the daytime, so I guess I'm lucky. I will notice it when I put headphones on though, blocking outside noise.

Sefton10

I have been dealing with constant tinnitus since 2017 after doing a daily shot of apple cider vinegar along with a B-complex. I assume it’s a histamine response. Now whenever I eat high histamine foods the tinnitus doubles in volume. I also notice an increase if I have too much sugar in my diet. That being said, eliminating both high histamine foods and sugar does not stop the constant tinnitus, it just turns down the volume.
Regards sugar, I think fructose may play a role somewhere. Possibly via oxalate. I know my tinnitus was worse when I’d have lots of honey. But salicylate could have been involved their too.

loess

I've had it since I was 18, likely induced by countless hours playing the drums along with CDs with my headphones on full blast as well as hundreds of concerts/punk shows in the late 1990s-early 2000s without hearing protection. It was manageable, but then really ramped up a year ago with what I suspect is a bacterial infection in my brain, possibly a tick-borne illness. I've tried everything under the sun and it's only ever increased in volume. I hate tinnitus and the way that it's affected my quality of life.

rayfan1

Regards sugar, I think fructose may play a role somewhere. Possibly via oxalate. I know my tinnitus was worse when I’d have lots of honey. But salicylate could have been involved their too.
Jeez! Am eating lots of honey but dont see any increase or lessening though sometimes it suddenly screeches. Carnivore diet ? heals, some experts say though hard for me to follow without fruits, honey and veggies.

Nomane Euger

Jeez! Am eating lots of honey but dont see any increase or lessening though sometimes it suddenly screeches. Carnivore diet ? heals, some experts say though hard for me to follow without fruits, honey and veggies.
Hi what’s your diet?

Are you jabbed? Tinnitus is one of the many symptoms.

OP
V

Vinnie06

No i’m not. For me it started after a bad bout of gout. Took colcichine and then was invited to a bbq on a balcony where we sat outside in the cold all night. Next day the ringing started

Steve

Are you jabbed? Tinnitus is one of the many symptoms.
Yeah, I read that too....lots of people with tinnitus seemingly caused by the jabs.
I'm not jabbed either....I think the ear infection caused mine to start.

Here's something funny....I asked the ENT if he knew what could be causing my hearing to suddenly stop hearing the static that is normally present all the time.
I'm like, "...you know, the static noise that's always present in the environment....sometimes I'll be sitting around and all of a sudden that sound will turn off."
He had no idea what I was talking about.
It wasn't until a few weeks later I realized the static I thought was just part of the environmental noise everyone heard was tinnitus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals