Each Hormone Deficiency Is Associated With A Distinct Kind Of Fatigue. I Had Them All

yerrag

driven by economic growth
driven by commercial interests that value the economic opportunities of a food and medical industry that creates sick consumers as profit centers

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

driven by commercial interests that value the economic opportunities of a food and medical industry that creates sick consumers as profit centers
Exactly! Unfortunately it is all about keeping sick people for longer. We function in a system of sick care instead of health care

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Fortuntately though more and more doctors are catching on and are moving towards integrated practice with a focus on prevention, lifestyle, nutrition, nutrients, and hormones.

yerrag

Fortuntately though more and more doctors are catching on and are moving towards integrated practice with a focus on prevention, lifestyle, nutrition, nutrients, and hormones.
Am glad for that.

But at the rate med schools are churning out drug pushers and at the rate drug addicts are made sicker and sicker, one would be lucky to have the sensibility to look for the doctors you're speaking of, and of finding one.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Am glad for that.

But at the rate med schools are churning out drug pushers and at the rate drug addicts are made sicker and sicker, one would be lucky to have the sensibility to look for the doctors you're speaking of, and of finding one.
Yes, unfortunately, when it comes to finding a good doctor there is lots (and lots) of luck involved... there are not many good doctors out there -esp. when it comes to prevention and longevity

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Update: Currently off the cortisol (3 months now). Weaning was much easier than imagined. It seemed that these years of replacing my cortisol have somehow kickstarted my HPA-function at the (pre)hypothalamic level (instead of suppressing HPA-function as one would assume). I feel fine now even without the cortisol (and much much better compared to pre-cortisol-replacement).

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

I´ve got the following question quite a few times now. Does the reboxetine stress the HPA axis?
No. Likely the opposite. The noradrenaline likely leading to trophic (i.e. neuroplastic) changes at the level of the hypothalamus.
I also noticed that reboxetine did make me tired sometimes, therefore I switched to bupropion -which I like much better. As a NDRI bupropion likely has the same top-down effects on the HPA-axis.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

FAQ I often get: Can I measure my cortisol with saliva or urine tests?

Yes, saliva and urine can be helpful for intra-individual comparisons, however, interpreting them in terms of where one falls in relation to others, should be taken with a huge grain of salt, in my opinion

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Time and time again I see in patients who trial a low-dose HC protocol:
1. For some, the HC does nothing. Even 20-30mg per day, they do not feel anything. When these patients stop, they again, feel nothing. All their low-cortisol symptoms persist and HC does not help their symptomatology.
2. For some people, doses as little as 5mg make a world of a difference and they feel "alive", have more energy, no brain fog, increased emotions, etc.

Ihor

@thingsvarious do you know anything about the case of normal-high total cortisol, but very low free cortisol? It looks like Corticosteroid-binding globulin binds almost all cortisol and causes a deficiency.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

@thingsvarious do you know anything about the case of normal-high total cortisol, but very low free cortisol? It looks like Corticosteroid-binding globulin binds almost all cortisol and causes a deficiency.
I had the same issue. There are multiple things that can cause this: high estradiol, low levels of leptin, low levels of insulin come to my mind

Brandin

"Sex hormones improve sleep, so there certainly is somewhat a connection with “true” fatigue."

You sound like you never touched testosterone in your life.
I'm speaking for myself and most people I've met who used testosterone: it ***** up with your sleep big time, for two main reasons. It revs up your dopamine and cuts your melatonin production.

I feel exhausted in the morning when on testosterone, not only because it opposes cortisol, but because it prevents restorative sleep.
It helps restorative sleep. Cortisol opposes restorative sleep. You will feel tired but thats because you arent eating enough. Cortisol makes one feel better in the moment by blocking major parts of the system, releasing stored energy from fat and muscle and then makes that be used to fuel the small part of the body that is turned on. In a high metabolism the body turns on the whole system and utilize the food you take in and sometimes stored fat.

The thing is that when u high in stress u think you feel high energy cause whatever is turned on is all you can percieve. All those important processes are turned of. This is one of the reasons cortisol makes you dumb as ****.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

It helps restorative sleep. Cortisol opposes restorative sleep. You will feel tired but thats because you arent eating enough. Cortisol makes one feel better in the moment by blocking major parts of the system, releasing stored energy from fat and muscle and then makes that be used to fuel the small part of the body that is turned on. In a high metabolism the body turns on the whole system and utilize the food you take in and sometimes stored fat.

The thing is that when u high in stress u think you feel high energy cause whatever is turned on is all you can percieve. All those important processes are turned of. This is one of the reasons cortisol makes you dumb as ****.
It is much more complitacated than that. Low cortisol certainly also does result in a body-wide (system-wide) hypometabolism

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Hi, I wanted to ask you how you are doing. What you do is quite interesting, and I am curious if things have kept on improving. Thanks for sharing your story.
Hey, I came off all hormones a few months ago and I am doing great. I found the "cause" of my hypothalamic insufficiency and corrected it. Will post an article about it on my blog soon.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Hey, I came off all hormones a few months ago and I am doing great. I found the "cause" of my hypothalamic insufficiency and corrected it. Will post an article about it on my blog soon.
It is not possible to find your article on medium.com
Does it exist anywhere else?

FitnessMike

It is not possible to find your article on medium.com
Does it exist anywhere else?
He replied to me that his articles are accessible in "archives" , let me know if you know if you decipher.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
He replied to me that his articles are accessible in "archives" , let me know if you know if you decipher.
I am sorry, I need help. Is this here on the forum archives, medium.com or?
I see I need to be registered on medium.com to be able to read....

Thanks

golder

Really keen to read this and also hear about how you are doing now man? Always loved reading your posts and hearing about your journey.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals