Each Hormone Deficiency Is Associated With A Distinct Kind Of Fatigue. I Had Them All

thingsvarious

Hello,

I am a medical student in my last year. For a few years I have been replacing all of my major hormones (see here) and I have been both high and low in many different constellations. From all this I learned 2 things.

1. Each hormone deficiency can cause chronic fatigue.
  2. Each hormone deficiency is associated with a distinct kind of fatigue.

I wrote a summary about the kinds of fatigue for different hormone deficiencies.
Read here: Each hormone deficiency is associated with a distinct kind of fatigue.

After years of studying, researching, experimenting, testing I did a writeup about some stuff I have learned along the way. I hope you find value in it.

Jing

Hello,

I am a medical student in my last year. For a few years I have been replacing all of my major hormones (see here) and I have been both high and low in many different constellations. From all this I learned 2 things.

I wrote a summary about the kinds of fatigue for different hormone deficiencies.
Read here: Each hormone deficiency is associated with a distinct kind of fatigue.

After years of studying, researching, experimenting, testing I did a writeup about some stuff I have learned along the way. I hope you find value in it.
What can be done to raise cortisol?

jamies33

Hello,

How to lower parathyroid hormone (PTH)?

TheBeard

The dude who tried "all diets under the sun" has now experimented with "all hormones under the sun" and can give a feedback on "all kinds of fatigue under the sun".

Just go under the sun son.

TheBeard

"Sex hormones improve sleep, so there certainly is somewhat a connection with “true” fatigue."

You sound like you never touched testosterone in your life.
I'm speaking for myself and most people I've met who used testosterone: it ***** up with your sleep big time, for two main reasons. It revs up your dopamine and cuts your melatonin production.

I feel exhausted in the morning when on testosterone, not only because it opposes cortisol, but because it prevents restorative sleep.

TheBeard

"What is more, growth hormone treatment vastly improves your sleep".

Again, you sound like you never touched real GH, or any GH at all.
We all report agitated sleep at any IU dosage, you toss and turn all night.
You wake up energetic, but after the worst sleep ever.

You are talking out of your ****.

Again, your knowledge seems to come from blogs, you never touched anything yourself.

b555

"Sex hormones improve sleep, so there certainly is somewhat a connection with “true” fatigue."

I'm speaking for myself and most people I've met who used testosterone: it ***** up with your sleep big time, for two main reasons. It revs up your dopamine and cuts your melatonin production.

I feel exhausted in the morning when on testosterone, not only because it opposes cortisol, but because it prevents restorative sleep.
I had the best sleep and waking up feeling refreshed on trt.

TheBeard

"Therapy of choice.
I would stay the hell away from gel/cream/pellet. Although convenient, with all of these DHT will rise disproportionately much."

And increasing DHT is a bad thing because...?

thingsvarious

"What is more, growth hormone treatment vastly improves your sleep".

Again, you sound like you never touched real GH, or any GH at all.
We all report agitated sleep at any IU dosage, you toss and turn all night.
You wake up energetic, but after the worst sleep ever.

You are talking out of your ****.

Again, your knowledge seems to come from blogs, you never touched anything yourself.
Lol

milkboi

"Therapy of choice.
I would stay the hell away from gel/cream/pellet. Although convenient, with all of these DHT will rise disproportionately much."

And increasing DHT is a bad thing because...?

Because medical dogma says so

thingsvarious

@thingsvarious
What are your vitamin D levels?
I like to keep them right in the middle of the normal reference range.
Vitamin D is not a vitamin but a hormone. It acts on steroid nuclear receptors. The same way it holds for other hormones, there is a U-shaped curve when it comes to blood levels. I advice not going too high in vitamin D, because it does raise serum calcium levels quite a bit. Thus, it increases the rate of calcification, which will do damage over long periods of time to a variety of tissues (esp. arteries). What is more, an increased serum calcium depresses neuronal excitability, which tilts the equilibrium towards decreased energy levels and depression.

You are doing it transdermal, right? Maybe it is the very high DHT that comes as a side effect of transdermal application that causes issues with sleep?

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

So that is why I can't sleep! As a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus, what could I do to reduce my testosterone to human levels? Without harming my health of course.

JKX

Vitamin D is not a vitamin but a hormone. It acts on steroid nuclear receptors. The same way it holds for other hormones, there is a U-shaped curve when it comes to blood levels. I advice not going too high in vitamin D, because it does raise serum calcium levels quite a bit. Thus, it increases the rate of calcification, which will do damage over long periods of time to a variety of tissues (esp. arteries). What is more, an increased serum calcium depresses neuronal excitability, which tilts the equilibrium towards decreased energy levels and depression.
The 'rate' of calcification is dictated by stress. Not serum calcium level.

thingsvarious

The 'rate' of calcification is dictated by stress. Not serum calcium level.
There are many many many factors that affect the rate of calcification (calcium, cortisol, T3, IGF1, endothelial injury, how macrophages respond, phosphate levels, FGF23.......)

JKX

Then perhaps you should be a little more careful with your choice of words.