Dystopian education reform -Big Brother is watching!

SQu

An introvert's nightmare. Therefore also a creativity nightmare. Also a thinking person's nightmare. So therefore not a method of educating in the true sense of the word. Looks like an effective way to control and train people and if you don't give them the chance to think then you've duplicated in the classroom the same distracting, demanding, stressful and exhausting conditions we call modern life. Contrast this with the atmosphere in a library.

OP
R

Raypmom

SQu said:
post 104429 An introvert's nightmare. Therefore also a creativity nightmare. Also a thinking person's nightmare. So therefore not a method of educating in the true sense of the word. Looks like an effective way to control and train people and if you don't give them the chance to think then you've duplicated in the class the same distracting, demanding, stressful and exhausting conditions we call modern life. Contrast this with the atmosphere in a library.

it's child mental abuse. I hear elementary schools are now doing it. It's free for any school/teachers interested. Makes you think....conspiracy. I can't be the only one to think this.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are positive aspects such as engagement and brief lessons...

PeatThemAll

Raypmom said:
SQu said:
post 104429 An introvert's nightmare. Therefore also a creativity nightmare. Also a thinking person's nightmare. So therefore not a method of educating in the true sense of the word. Looks like an effective way to control and train people and if you don't give them the chance to think then you've duplicated in the class the same distracting, demanding, stressful and exhausting conditions we call modern life. Contrast this with the atmosphere in a library.

it's child mental abuse. I hear elementary schools are now doing it. It's free for any school/teachers interested. Makes you think....conspiracy. I can't be the only one to think this.

Leaving tinfoil hat speculation aside, and paraphrasing, John Taylor Gatto highlighted a good point: always keep in mind that, for lower grade education, all these programs have been government reviewed / harmonized and ... approved.

As in the media, at that level very little gets that far in public reach by accident. Bet on the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals