Dying hair, good or bad?

Nicole W.

interested on the consensus
It really depends on the product you are using. If you go on the EWG Skin Deep website, there are hair colors with ingredients that have very good safety ratings. There are also botanical dyes like walnut and henna, that have zero risk to health.

Not liking the way you look or feel about yourself isn’t exactly good for you either, so you need to assess the risks vs the benefits.

OccamzRazer

Bad, but maybe not the worst thing in the world if it makes you happy.

I bleached my hair then dyed it blue. Now, after some lifestyle changes, my hair/scalp are both very healthy and I'm actually regrowing some hair lol.

Lollipop2

You can use a demi permanent or semi permanent and the toxicity goes way down. Plus as mentioned above, there are some good natural ones out there.

Lollipop2

konatowntom

Ask Ray Peat. Rule of thumb, I wouldn't put anything on my scalp or skin that I wouldn't put in my mouth. That was one article, do your own research.

Lollipop2

Ask Ray Peat. Rule of thumb, I wouldn't put anything on my scalp or skin that I wouldn't put in my mouth. That was one article, do your own research.
Henna, coffee grinds etc.

Edit: actually for anything chemically there is most always a natural alternative. @Rinse & rePeat had a great thread about natural cosmetics: cocoa powder for face powder, beet powder for blush and to tint the lips, etc. etc.

Lollipop2

It really depends on the product you are using. If you go on the EWG Skin Deep website, there are hair colors with ingredients that have very good safety ratings. There are also botanical dyes like walnut and henna, that have zero risk to health.

Not liking the way you look or feel about yourself isn’t exactly good for you either, so you need to assess the risks vs the benefits.
+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals