Dutasteride / Finasteride cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate; decrease androgen receptors, increase estrogen receptors

Mauritio

If you contemplate taking finasteride/ dutasteride read this study.
Or just ask yourself:" do I potentially want a fibrotic penis ?"

Another reason not to take dutasteride or finasteride: they cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate and increase the expression of the estrogen receptor and decrease the androgen receptor in the penis.
Dutasteride is probably more harmful than finasteride, as dutasteride inhibits all isoforms of the 5a reductase enzyme and finasteride mostly focuses on 5a reductase type 2 (but also inhibits the other ones).

This is just another sign that those drugs are not side effect free! And it's also not "just 5% decrease in sex life quality " as this more plates more dates guy suggests, who by the way is spreading this misinformation to millions of people online.
I think peat is more correct with his statement that taking finasteride "is basically an insane choice "

Let's get into the study:

"...Group B showed fibrotic changes in the prostate and penis compared with the Group A."

"On the other hand, in Group C, weak expression of the androgen receptor and strong expression of the estrogen receptor beta was noted. In Group B, these changes were noted in the prostate and penis. "

rei

And how to heal such changes? DHT and progesterone! (if we stick to steroids)

cupofcoffee

the fact that some people think that giving anti-androgens to young adults and already androgen-deprived old men is a good idea blows my mind.

btw @Mauritio do you know where i can find more RP's quotes about 5AR inhibitors?

And how to heal such changes? DHT and progesterone! (if we stick to steroids)

It is nowhere near that simple, I'm afraid. 11-keto DHT did not help at all, progesterone made penis numbness even worse (I was even sensitive to drinking coffee because of this, since it increases progesterone).

The only thing that helped reverse some of the structural damage is cycles of HCG, Proviron, and Tamoxifen. Creatine may be somewhat helpful as well.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

the fact that some people think that giving anti-androgens to young adults and already androgen-deprived old men is a good idea blows my mind.

btw @Mauritio do you know where i can find more RP's quotes about 5AR inhibitors?
Go to bioenergetic.life and type in finasteride .
The one i quoted was from a danny roddy episode where danny asked him about finasteride .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It is nowhere near that simple, I'm afraid. 11-keto DHT did not help at all, progesterone made penis numbness even worse (I was even sensitive to drinking coffee because of this, since it increases progesterone).

The only thing that helped reverse some of the structural damage is cycles of HCG, Proviron, and Tamoxifen. Creatine may be somewhat helpful as well.
Yeah it seems very complicated.
There is a great review on 5alpha reductase from 2020 ("Consequences of steroid-5α-reductase deficiency and inhibition in
vertebrates")
,where you can see in how many tissues the 3(!) types of this enzyme are expressed . Having read that you can see why it's basically an insane choice to take it and especially why it's so hard to reverse.
I'll upload the review below.

Attachments

• robitaille2020.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

rei

Any links to successes with DHT and progesterone ?
no, dht was just pure speculation and progesterone is one of the major things that helped start my process of postural repair by decalcifying/reversing fibrosis/energizing fascia to allow realignment happen. Now that i think more of it, DHT might actually make things worse if the fibrotic penis is caused by excessive fascial tension, as it increases it, making the body "double down". But then again it seems to help for prostate problems like cancer that are caused by excessive fascial tension, maybe because it is not prone to problems even if the fascial connections to it calcify/become fibrotic.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

On solutions:
Sounds like you have some scarred tissue/fibrosis which can reduce local blood flow and cause alterations in shape/functionality/pain. Ever heard of peyronie's disease? Liberally applying coconut oil on the scarred tissue can improve the condition over time as its anti-fibrotic and easily penetrates the tissues. It will probably take several months to get complete relief.

Its a little embarrassing but I've done it myself. Also I've seen a good amount of reports of it working well such as this forum: doing Alot better/coconut oil - Peyronies Society Forums. A lot of saturated fatty acids including palmitic acid are anti-fibrotic and coconut oil easily permeates the skin.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Sodium butyrate might help with penile fibrosis .

"NaBu promotes recovery of erectile function, and also significantly prevents penile fibrosis and normalizes TGF-β1 and nNOS protein expression in a rat model of PBOO. The HDAC pathway may present a promising target to prevent ED in patients with BPH."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Wild how finasteride messes up your hormones.

Found it, this study is crazy. Look at allopreg holy ***t...

http://www.lf1.cuni.cz/Data/Files/PragueMedicalReport/pmr_110_2009_03/pmr2009a0025.pdf

cNE6dNo.jpg

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Complete poison, we know.
I think outside of this forum not many know. Even guys like MPMD ,someone with an at least semi-scientific approach, kind of endorsed it.

And even on this forum there's people taking finasteride.

I also noticed that amongst the red pill community anti-depressants are frowned upon ,yet there's still many of them (Russell brand , Mike Thurston) that take finasteride.
I guess the word has yet to spread.

Mister

True, many are still too ignorant and most don't want to hear it, especially guys who are balding.