Durum Wheat / Semolina Pasta And Digestion

sunraiser

It has a lower insulin and glycemic index than bread, I think (though legit sourdough might be more comparable) so if a person has any degree of insulin resistance it'll likely digest better.

OP
A

Aymen

It has a lower insulin and glycemic index than bread, I think (though legit sourdough might be more comparable) so if a person has any degree of insulin resistance it'll likely digest better.
what about gluten?

somuch4food

My personal experience is that white bread is easier to digest than durum wheat pasta.

In my case, it seems to have to do with the lower carotenoids of white flour vs durum wheat.

Waremu

I also agree that white bread if it is well refined is probably easier to digest. White sour dough bread was the best for me when I was newer to Peats work and wanted to starchy foods including pasta. (I don't eat any starch now however, and haven't for some time)

Back then I still had a pasta addiction and so I would try rice or corn pastas instead of wheat pastas. There are many rice and corn pastas out there that digest better and taste almost just like wheat pasta, believe it or not. I never handled wheat pasta well. I would highly recommend trying some rice or corn pasta brands if you are open to doing so and want a wheat alternative and still want pasta type foods.

OP
A

Aymen

I also agree that white bread if it is well refined is probably easier to digest. White sour dough bread was the best for me when I was newer to Peats work and wanted to starchy foods including pasta. (I don't eat any starch now however, and haven't for some time)

Back then I still had a pasta addiction and so I would try rice or corn pastas instead of wheat pastas. There are many rice and corn pastas out there that digest better and taste almost just like wheat pasta, believe it or not. I never handled wheat pasta well. I would highly recommend trying some rice or corn pasta brands if you are open to doing so and want a wheat alternative and still want pasta type foods.
Thank you.
i didn't eat wheat for months now and in general it slows me down , but i don't have problems with italian pasta , i workout twice a week including a sprint , and sprints deplete my glycogen stores more than any other exercice and if i don't eat starch post workout i feel hungry and sometimes get nightmare , i eat potatoes and white rice 2-3 times a week and some white bread once in a while , but i don't have enough money to buy mostly fruits and milk or potatoes but pasta is cheap and have good amount of carbs and protein so i think including it especially in workout days is better than nothing , what 's your opinion ?
and how i make sourdough bread using baker's yeast ?

Was getting off starch difficult @Waremu

Apple

I tried many times Semolina Pasta vs regular pasta (fortified or not) and regular pasta is much easier to digest . Semolina pasta always gave me stomach ache. I guess it is all same stuff but particles of wheat are bigger, so it doesn't digest quick. So no need to overpay for fancy italian brands...

Last edited:

Logan-