Durk Pearson And Sandy Shaw, Authors Of Life Extension (1980s)

Lilac

My interest in health dates to the 1980s and the appearance of Durk Pearson on The Merv Griffin Show. The book by Durk and his partner, Sandy Shaw, was a best-seller. The mystery celebrity follower they talked about in their book was later revealed to be Clint Eastwood.

Today I know that some of their recommendations back then were not Peaty. (For decades, I did not eat several hours before bedtime so as not to suppress the release of growth hormone during sleep and lose the accompanying fat loss.) But there was a lot of good advice in the book, too. (For example, I ate butter and avoided charred foods and rancid oil.)

I can't find the Merv Griffin appearances on YouTube. Merv was always so curious and an excellent interviewer. It's a shame he didn't "discover" Ray Peat in the 80s. But here's a clip from The Mike Douglas Show. Very interesting from a Peat perspective. (BTW, I remember that Ray cited the Life Extension magazine not too long ago.)

Birdie

I think that Life Extension was bought out in the 90s though, so no longer connected to Dirk and Sandy. I always wondered what happened to them.

Gawdawg

I think that Life Extension was bought out in the 90s though, so no longer connected to Dirk and Sandy. I always wondered what happened to them.
Dirk and Sandy never owned Life Extension. They were only brand ambassadors of Life Extension. Bill Faloon is the owner from day one.

Back
Top Bottom