Durianrider EXPOSED or TELLING the TRUTH?? | Dr. McDougall | Dr. Greger

Jennifer

Yes, definitely, @Richiebogie. The rice diet has the benefit of being low in PUFAs.

Even though Harley has been known to sell the diet in less than honorable ways, I do believe he believes in it and a person can certainly get lean following the diet, and even be healthy 100% plant-based (Max of the YouTube channel Max and Occy is a good example of a healthy vegan, IMO), however, it may not always be the kind of lean a person would want and I think you’re right to be wary of basing your diet on nutrient poor foods like white rice and sugar.

I’ve posted the photos below before so apologies if you’ve already seen them. I only have a few from that time so hopefully they’re clear enough to see the difference. The first one is my body at 99 lb (45 kg) right before following 80/10/10, and the second one at 80 lb (36 kg) after just 4 months on 80/10/10 consuming the same amount of calories, which wasn’t even me at my lowest weight. I’m lean in both photos, but the second isn’t what I would consider healthy.

08019205-910F-44E2-BD1C-D9BB2E644B9C.jpeg AC464F42-64B6-4B87-8C6A-9C71AE1A0CC7.jpeg

I came across one of Douglas Graham’s videos one day and he mentioned how the diet was great for treating mood disorders and maintaining a healthy weight effortlessly—at the time, I was suffering with massive anxiety and depression and had to religiously monitor my food intake to keep my weight from plummeting—so I decided to try the diet and almost immediately felt better with the massive influx of easy to digest sugars, but eventually I was running on adrenaline and wasting away.

Within months of averaging daily 4 L of raw milk and yogurt, 113 g of raw cheese, 2 eggs with butter, 85 g of meat, mainly scallops and crab, some fruit and baby greens, and supplementing with high vitamin butter oil for the extra fat solubles, I was up to 95 lb (43 kg) and had regained the muscle that had atrophied while plant-based and within a year, my z-score (bone density) had increased from -6.7 to -3.6. Just for reference, a score of -3.2 is considered osteopenia and -3.5 is full-blown osteoporosis.

Maybe not the most popular macro here since Ray changed his diet, but protein has always been the number one thing to help me build and maintain muscle effortlessly. Raw A2 dairy works best for me, and has comprised the majority of my calories for the past 2 1/2 years now, but I think any protein, fat and carb sources one tolerates best are the best sources for them. That’s so great that you’re swimming again and seeing results! I know quite a few people who gained the “COVID-15” so you’re definitely not alone.

Dean

day and he mentioned how the diet was great for treating mood disorders and maintaining a healthy weight effortlessly—at the
So you found that 80/10/10 did improve your mood? How long were you on it?

I would think all those bananas would be depressive (with their serotonin.). I quit bananas for a long while due to them not being a Peaty fruit and since reintroducing them I notice a surge of depression when I eat one.

For most of my adult life, a banana with peanut butter was my go-to breakfast. No wonder I was never a morning person.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I caught up with your cellular regeneration page and found your latest diet on your profile page.

That is interesting that the higher fat percentage (35% of calories) and ample protein (25%) triggers less stress and feels more healing.

It sounds like high carb, low fat, low protein diets may be inherently stressful.

Maybe they are good for athletes before competition, when they need to exert a lot of energy in a short period.

The problem could be staying in that state day in, day out! Maybe Doug Graham, Durianrider and their followers are staying highly stressed and depleting their stores and vitality!

Being slight and slender to start with, you were one of the canaries in the coal mine... except the YouTube “experts” didn’t want anyone to know the likes of your horrendous experience, and instead swept you and the other limp canaries down disused mine shafts!

You could fight back in court, or start your own channel “duriansurvivor”, but your testimony here is certainly powerful for the time being!

Hopefully your bone density keeps improving! 🍖 💪 👨‍⚕️

OP
S

SamYo123

Hi @Jennifer,

I caught up with your cellular regeneration page and found your latest diet on your profile page.

That is interesting that the higher fat percentage (35% of calories) and ample protein (25%) triggers less stress and feels more healing.

It sounds like high carb, low fat, low protein diets may be inherently stressful.

Maybe they are good for athletes before competition, when they need to exert a lot of energy in a short period.

The problem could be staying in that state day in, day out! Maybe Doug Graham, Durianrider and their followers are staying highly stressed and depleting their stores and vitality!

Being slight and slender to start with, you were one of the canaries in the coal mine... except the YouTube “experts” didn’t want anyone to know the likes of your horrendous experience, and instead swept you and the other limp canaries down disused mine shafts!

You could fight back in court, or start your own channel “duriansurvivor”, but your testimony here is certainly powerful for the time being!

Durians diets work for high stress events like tour de france, they need them carbs to remove the stress of the tour

Jennifer

So you found that 80/10/10 did improve your mood? How long were you on it?

I would think all those bananas would be depressive (with their serotonin.). I quit bananas for a long while due to them not being a Peaty fruit and since reintroducing them I notice a surge of depression when I eat one.

For most of my adult life, a banana with peanut butter was my go-to breakfast. No wonder I was never a morning person.

It improved my mood initially, but weakened my thyroid function over time and my mood began to swing between extremes of total euphoria and off the charts anxiety. I know now that it was triggering hypoglycemia. My blood sugar was testing as low as 50.

Do you experience depression when you cook bananas first? I was part of the 30 BAD forum, but I didn’t consume many bananas. They gave me heartburn. My staples were navel oranges, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, papaya, kiwis, strawberries, apricots and to a lesser extent, medjool dates.

I followed 80/10/10 for over 2 years and then due to a misdiagnosis that left me unable to digest anything but fruit, I had another stint with fruitarianism for about 4 years following Dr. Robert Morse’s cellular regeneration protocol.

Dean

you experience depression when you cook bananas first? I
Funny you should ask, but I just started experimenting with cooking bananas (and apples) with added sugar to potentially eat as primary carb/calorie source. So far it seems that I still get the depressive effect from bananas in morning/day, but don't seem to if eaten at night. Too early to draw any conclusions though.

I find it amazing that anyone can live on raw fruit and greens, especially as long as you did. Once, many a years ago, I tried to follow Tony Robbins advice to consume only raw fruit and juice before noon. I couldn't function and threw in the towel pretty quick. Some years later I heard or read him say that he regretted making that recommendation.

I've found I absolutely need protein in the morning to feel grounded and have any hope of functioning. I'm thinking of trying only carbs after the protein breakfast though.

Jennifer

Hi @Jennifer,

Hi Richie,

Yeah, once I increased fat and protein, my hypoglycemia vanished. The one macro I thought was getting me out of hypoglycemic episodes was actually causing them. I don’t know if a high-carb, low-fat, low-protein diet is inherently stressful, but it appears it is for me. Perhaps one living in and/or adapted to a warm climate is better suited to a diet of mostly carbs, especially fruit.

I find it interesting that even with modern conveniences that replicate the tropics like indoor heating and fruit year round, my body eventually breaks down on high-carb, low-fat, especially plant-based. Could some adaptation be involved? My ancestors were from cold climates. I don’t know of many French/Swiss, Nordic/Scandinavians, Scottish/Irish and First Nations/Siberians living on mostly fruit.

Well, to me, Harley does come across in his videos as high-strung, but it could just be he is playing it up for the camera because I’ve seen videos taken by attendees of talks he and Leanne gave and he was quite reserved. Nothing like he is in his YT videos.

That’s a good way to put it—canaries in the coal mine. Funny, my grandmother’s nickname for me was Tweety. lol I figure the best way to fight back is to get better and if I can, be a warning to those who may have a similar constitution as me.

I hope so! That’s the goal. I need to get this behind of mine up a mountain. :happy:

Jennifer

Funny you should ask, but I just started experimenting with cooking bananas (and apples) with added sugar to potentially eat as primary carb/calorie source. So far it seems that I still get the depressive effect from bananas in morning/day, but don't seem to if eaten at night. Too early to draw any conclusions though.

I find it amazing that anyone can live on raw fruit and greens, especially as long as you did. Once, many a years ago, I tried to follow Tony Robbins advice to consume only raw fruit and juice before noon. I couldn't function and threw in the towel pretty quick. Some years later I heard or read him say that he regretted making that recommendation.

I've found I absolutely need protein in the morning to feel grounded and have any hope of functioning. I'm thinking of trying only carbs after the protein breakfast though.

Oh, how interesting. Do you experience a depressive effect from kiwis?

Oh, that’s right! I remember reading about Tony Robbins’ diet around the time I was following 80/10/10/Natural Hygiene.

Same here. I find protein in general to be grounding. The fruitarian diet is known for causing a “fruit high” and so when I reintroduced animal protein after years of fruitarianism, I really noticed its grounding effect.

michael94

I think the issue and confusion here stems from DurianRider and Freelee having superior body chemistry to most people - so the fruits were phenomenal for them and they were on Cloud 9, thinking that it was simple as just eating fruit and most people could feel like they do. Unfortunately not so simple.

Think of it like building a structure. When it's solid and well built - you dont necessarily need to do much construction work or repairs. But others with severely damaged structures will require a lot of Welding and Foundation to lay before they can invite the fruits in to party. Respectful use of dairy seems to help a lot in this respect.

It's not surprising to me that these individuals did great on a heavy fruit diet and wanted to get everyone on board, nor does it surprise me when people develop an aversion to such a thing and think DurianRider and Freelee have it all wrong.

Dean

, how interesting. Do you experience a depressive effect from kiwis?
The acid reflux or heartburn gets me on kiwis worse than just about anything else; so I never noticed whether depressive or not. I steer clear of them.

Jennifer

I think the issue and confusion here stems from DurianRider and Freelee having superior body chemistry to most people - so the fruits were phenomenal for them and they were on Cloud 9, thinking that it was simple as just eating fruit and most people could feel like they do. Unfortunately not so simple.

Think of it like building a structure. When it's solid and well built - you dont necessarily need to do much construction work or repairs. But others with severely damaged structures will require a lot of Welding and Foundation to lay before they can invite the fruits in to party. Respectful use of dairy seems to help a lot in this respect.

It's not surprising to me that these individuals did great on a heavy fruit diet and wanted to get everyone on board, nor does it surprise me when people develop an aversion to such a thing and think DurianRider and Freelee have it all wrong.

I could see that being true if it weren’t for the fact that Harley had Crohn’s or UC prior to doing 80/10/10 (if I’m not mistaken, he credited the fruit diet to curing it) and Leanne had diagnosed hypothyroidism and a self-admitted eating disorder. Also, I don’t think the diet has been as kind to her as it may appear. This is no judgement toward her choices, but she had breast augmentation so if you took away the implants, her emaciation might be more apparent and as of recently, she’s been having dental problems.

Jennifer

The acid reflux or heartburn gets me on kiwis worse than just about anything else; so I never noticed whether depressive or not. I steer clear of them.

Oh, okay. I can understand not noticing a depressive effect or not, sure.

Vanset

I have been following a guy on yt called RawBliss for years now. He's a fruitarian. He used to be deathly thin, but has filled out recently, but I'm not so sure that he's still 100% raw (or even vegan for that matter), because it's just recently that he has gained more strength and fat/muscle tissue.

dreamcatcher

Hi @yerrag, I’m not sure Durianrider is suffering vitamin A deficiency symptoms.

Do you find you experience these when you go low retinol?

Many old men have big, protruding bellies. What interests me is Durianrider’s claims that high carb, low protein and very low fat can get rid of this.

The action may be directly from reducing fat and reducing fat storage, or it may be from lowering insulin which means the carbs are not being turned to fat!

This may have many health benefits.
Durianrider goes to bed early each day and that means that he doesn't eat late at night. Studies show that avoiding eating late at night lowers blood glucose levels and dramatically reduces the risk of developing diabetes.

dreamcatcher

I have been following a guy on yt called RawBliss for years now. He's a fruitarian. He used to be deathly thin, but has filled out recently, but I'm not so sure that he's still 100% raw (or even vegan for that matter), because it's just recently that he has gained more strength and fat/muscle tissue.
He confirms that via a recent Instagram post. He stated that he didn't like having only 6 or 8% body fat so he started eating fatty desserts to gain some weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals