Dry Skin With Taurine

Biggo

Hello guys,

Been a lurker for a while now and decided to register so I can participate in those useful discussions on these forums. I've decided to start supplementing Taurine, up to 2-3 grams a day, but the longer I take it, the more dry my skin gets. After stopping Taurine the dryness goes away. Could depletion of beta alanin the cause of dry skin, or are some other factors playing a role here?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Lurker

Taurine maybe pushing too much out of your liver and your kidneys can’t keep up so toxins comes out the skin (third kidney). 2-3 g is a large dose. Maybe cut back to 500mg and see how it goes. Slow and steady wins the race. Or maybe add in some vitamin D, urea, niacinamide and/or bicarbonate which may help.

Vinero

Just drink some red-bull.
I have never gotten dry skin from that.
One can contains 1 gram of taurine.

ddjd

Hello guys,

Been a lurker for a while now and decided to register so I can participate in those useful discussions on these forums. I've decided to start supplementing Taurine, up to 2-3 grams a day, but the longer I take it, the more dry my skin gets. After stopping Taurine the dryness goes away. Could depletion of beta alanin the cause of dry skin, or are some other factors playing a role here?

Any suggestions would be helpful!
Dry skin for me means low estrogen

ddjd

How to increase estrogen so skin isn't dry? Eat PUFA? Don't eat vitamins? Exposure to radiation?
estrogen always easily increases, maybe dont take so many anti estrogen things for a few days and see if that works

OP
B

Biggo

Dry skin for me means low estrogen
That's what I've been thinking, could it be that taurine speeds up the liver metabolism, thus removing estrogen at a higher speed? I've always been on the low side of estrogen, perhaps taurine is pushing it too low.

Another scenario I've been thinkig about is that it might be inhibiting 5ar-type 1, which is present in the skin. Low 5ar in the skin means low DHT thus less oily skin, making the skin dry. What do you guys think?

Andman

Man i love this forum, whenever something ails me theres already a similar thread going :)

So yeah, among some other troublesome things my skin has been terribly dry lately. Low estrogen could very well be an issue.

Hows your digestion? Any signs of constipation for example?

EIRE24

That's what I've been thinking, could it be that taurine speeds up the liver metabolism, thus removing estrogen at a higher speed? I've always been on the low side of estrogen, perhaps taurine is pushing it too low.

Another scenario I've been thinkig about is that it might be inhibiting 5ar-type 1, which is present in the skin. Low 5ar in the skin means low DHT thus less oily skin, making the skin dry. What do you guys think?
That's interesting. So you think high DHT is what causes oily skin?

Guacamayo

Man i love this forum, whenever something ails me theres already a similar thread going :)

So yeah, among some other troublesome things my skin has been terribly dry lately. Low estrogen could very well be an issue.

Hows your digestion? Any signs of constipation for example?
This past week my constipation has gotten worse, and both my skin and my mouth are getting really dry.

Is this a low estrogen issue? Or is this from supplementing taurine - FYI I just started supplementing it again around a couple of weeks back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals