Dry Hair

SOMO

I followed a low fat diet for 4 months when I was starch free as well (according to Ray Peat's recommendations) which caused an increase in energy levels but my hair thinned out after 4 months. Later on when I increased my fat intake, the fats didn't cause me issues as before i.e. eyebags because I guess my liver's health improved.

Also some people have success strengthening their hair, skin or nails with Silicon supplements.
RP is against Silicon for some reason, but I think it's very inert even when it's absorbed/bioavailable.

There's a lot of silicon supplements out there including Bamboo, horsetail, plain Silicon Dioxide or Diatomaceous Earth. I think Diatomaceous Earth is probably the most gentle.

Silicone, unless I'm mistaken, IS actually incorporated into the hair minerals when you consume it. I would obviously try the least expensive home remedies first before seeking pharmaceuticals like Cyproheptadine.

If you think about how Silicon feels, it feels very smooth and slippery - kind of like what well-conditioned hair might feel like. Silicon is also used in personal lubricants and machine lubrication for that exact purpose.

For what it's worth, I took large doses of Silicon and it did not do anything for my hair or nails, but I certainly did not feel unwell while taking it. There's no RDA for Silicon (or Sulfur) but I think eventually there will be.
I think the most bioavilable form is ch-OSA and least bioavailable is Silicon/Silicon Dioxide

Use of silicon for skin and hair care: an approach of chemical forms available and efficacy
Regarding hair benefits, it was suggested that a higher silicon content in the hair results in a lower rate of hair loss and increased brightness. (I think by brightness the author means luster or shine)

ljihkugft7

one more thing you might try foods that are high in b3 (niacin) as that helps absorb fat. I was having fat absorption problems for a bout two weeks dry skin and dry hair but had some TUNA SALAD SANDWHICH yesterday and woke up with oily skin and hair this morning. I remember that from the KETO diet where they eat a lot of fat and that creates and B3 deficiency so people have fat absorption problems. though they don't promote TRYPTOPHAN on this forum because of the SEROTONIN, TRYPTOPHAN is invovled in the creatION of NAD (B3) in the body.

YOU CAN READ THE SECTION ABOUT NAD AND B3

Since tryptophan is the only method we have for making B3, we can say that tryptophan is very, very important for NAD production.
The Tryptophan Steal – The Hidden Reason Stress Makes You Depressed
So interesting!

I switched from 8 years of veganism and have low stomach acid and pancreatic enzymes.

Tuna really helps with my dry hair and skin.
Is b3 deficiency the main reason for dry hair? Are there other things I can do to help fat absorb?

I’ve also noticed the type of hair growth changes. I have two different strands, one is Thin, smooth and long and the other is more like very thick and springy. Do you know how I could grow more of the thin smooth strands?

OP
D

dreamcatcher

So interesting!

I switched from 8 years of veganism and have low stomach acid and pancreatic enzymes.

Tuna really helps with my dry hair and skin.
Is b3 deficiency the main reason for dry hair? Are there other things I can do to help fat absorb?

I’ve also noticed the type of hair growth changes. I have two different strands, one is Thin, smooth and long and the other is more like very thick and springy. Do you know how I could grow more of the thin smooth strands?
You might just have build-up from using hair products which cause the dry appearance. Try washing your hair with 2 TBS of baking soda diluted in water, leave it on your hair for 2 mins then wash it off. Use a conditioner as usual, afterwards. I thought I had dry hair for years just to find out that I didn't have...

ljihkugft7

I
You might just have build-up from using hair products which cause the dry appearance. Try washing your hair with 2 TBS of baking soda diluted in water, leave it on your hair for 2 mins then wash it off. Use a conditioner as usual, afterwards. I thought I had dry hair for years just to find out that I didn't have...

I tried this.

the first time I used honey and apple vinegar. It worked really well.

the second time I used bicarb soda and then Apple vinegar. It made my hair even more dry?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals