Dry eyes

tommyg130

Absurdly dry eyes. Looking to make homemade t3 eye drops ? Can anybody break it down for me with a quick guideline ?

Can I just mix t3 and coconut oil and drop it in ? Id like to mix coconut oil t3 maybe some magnesium and salt and use it.

Do I need a solvent, or base or anything ?

Are Artificial tears bogus ? Any good brands? Even when I just drop salt water in my eye it feels really good. But I want to make something more potent. I just don’t know the amount of t3 /relative to other liquids

GTW

I use eyewash that has boric acid/borate with a cup. Then wipe a little castor oil on eyelids and lashes.

L_C

Absurdly dry eyes. Looking to make homemade t3 eye drops ? Can anybody break it down for me with a quick guideline ?

Can I just mix t3 and coconut oil and drop it in ? Id like to mix coconut oil t3 maybe some magnesium and salt and use it.

Do I need a solvent, or base or anything ?

Are Artificial tears bogus ? Any good brands? Even when I just drop salt water in my eye it feels really good. But I want to make something more potent. I just don’t know the amount of t3 /relative to other liquids
Get some cheap humidifier and put it on your desk.

linx

Forum Supporter
I have horrible dry eye and topical shea oil has been really helpful. Less PUFA than castor oil I believe. That along with Zaditor ketotifen eye drops once a day has controlled it for me.

youngsinatra

Probably low histamine or low acetylcholine.

I’d consume red meat, vitamin E, B complex.

Birdie

I've used a rinse of distilled water (or tap water) and baking soda. Also castor oil on eyelids/eyelashes.

AspiringSage

Low dose doxycycline is sometimes prescribed off label for dry eyes. It worked very for well for a friend. He ended up taking the capsules apart and weighting out a lower dose (~25mg daily) than was prescribed. It worked very well for him and doxycycline is widely available for treating your lab fish.

I would approach long term use with caution, since I suspect doxycycline is hard on mitochondria. Good thoughts elsewhere in this thread, especially on histamine and estrogen. As always, the needs of your lab fish may vary. Always consult the appropriate medical professional before taking any medication.

The effect of low-dose doxycycline therapy in chronic meibomian gland dysfunction