Dry Eyes When Taking Estrogen Lowering Substances

redsun

This is interesting

My mother has had bad allergies for almost her whole life, I think she has taken a zyrtec or other anti-histamine nearly every day for the last decade

She also has Sjogren's and extremely dry eyes and mouth - she basically produces zero tears

What things can you do to increase histamine? Maybe her problem is actually that her histamine is too low and cannot produce bodily fluids

I provided a link in a post above to a pdf. In the chapter on histapenia, Pfeiffer gives a protocol. I encourage you to read the whole chapter as well.

Histadelics(high histamine) have high levels of folate in the blood. B12 and folate raise histamine levels. Niacin also raises it partly by reducing methyl groups substantially as niacin needs to be methylated to be excreted, I prefer the flush version(nicotinic acid) but pfeiffer suggests niacinamide as well so Im sure it can work though individually you may do better with one or the other. Histidine supplementation is a good temporary solution as it will convert to histamine in the body but the issue is histapenics cannot hold onto histidine as well, they excrete more of it and they methylate(inactivate) it quickly. Copper overload also reduces histamine and could be to blame, Pfeiffer believes it is the main cause of low histamine.

If your mother has been using antihistamines for a long time, getting off them should increase secretions by itself. Though their may be a rebound effect. I am not versed on the effects of antihistamines on receptors.

Goobz

Yes I just google "blank symptoms" and i get those.

"Overmethylation symptoms", in others copper overload+low histamine(histapenia):

View attachment 14401

In contrast to you, I have virtually ever symptom above, except libido problems(Im 22, makes sense) and being overweight, though I have a tendency to be overweight I am currently not. I thought overmethylation was bogus until I one time became conscious of my nervous pacing. Literally a lightbulb moment.

Yes your right it can do that I completely forgot. You can always just eat copper rich foods if thats what your after. Theres quite a few that aren't liver.

There may be some truth to the symptoms listed on that image being linked to methylation, but my god some of them are so vague I can’t imagine how they could be verified.

Honestly my first thought in reading that was one of curiosity as to whether it applied to me. My second impression was that it’s like an astrology chart