Dry Coca leaves vs Coca Cola ?

Apple

Is there any advantage of using Coca leaves instead of Coca Cola ?
I saw some people chew Coca leaves and feel good

Summer

It’s where cocaine gets its name. Coca Cola hasn’t had coca in it for decades. So the effects between the two today are incomparable. I had a coworker from Peru who said that chewing on coca leaves was used for pain relief.

OP
Apple

Apple

It’s where cocaine gets its name. Coca Cola hasn’t had coca in it for decades. So the effects between the two today are incomparable. I had a coworker from Peru who said that chewing on coca leaves was used for pain relief.
that's upsetting... I thought Coca Cola was all about Coca leaves.
Then what's the secret of health benefits of Coca Cola ?

I've chewed coca leaves in Bolivia and Peru where they are legal (part of Peru, not all of it). They have some interesting qualities. The tea is nice. Hard to get the leaves though. They are associated with the crazed War on Drugz of course.

Makrosky

I've chewed coca leaves in Bolivia and Peru where they are legal (part of Peru, not all of it). They have some interesting qualities. The tea is nice. Hard to get the leaves though. They are associated with the crazed War on Drugz of course.
I agree. I chewed them and made tea with them and tea is much better. Chewing feels too estrogenic, feels a bit like cocaine (no surprise).

I don't see them as specially useful for long term unless you live in these countries where access to any kind of other chemical compounds/supps is almost impossible. Then they have a use.

Coca leaves flour is also interesting. It focuses you like a laser beam. Crazy.

Last edited:

Phaedrus

I was just looking into this topic. First, it’s not true the statement someone made above saying that Coca Cola no longer uses coca leaves in their formulation - they still in fact import ~100 metric tons of dried coca leaves each year. They just contract with a chemical company which has a DEA exemption to operate “decocanization plant” in New Jersey to remove the cocaine, while the remaining product is supposedly still used to impart flavor (the cocaine is then sold to a pharmaceutical company).

If anyone is looking for a cola that still uses kola nut extract, Monin makes a cola syrup concentrate that uses it:
Amazon product ASIN B00KH9V3B4View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KH9V3B4?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_V04E5FSSX4J9JG1ZZJJQ

As a bonus, they use cane sugar, not HFCS. Just add carbonates water. I have a soda stream and have used the Monin syrup, and I think it tastes great.

Technically the only caffeine would be what’s contained in the kola extract, so I personally add some caffeine powder to the bottle to give it an extra kick.

amd

• The New Jersey plant receives up to 500 metric tons of coca leaves every year
  • No other company in the US is allowed to import coca and make cocaine
  • After 'decocainizing' the leaves for syrup, the narcotic is sold on to pharma
A small chemical processing plant hidden in a quiet neighborhood of New Jersey has an exclusive license to import coca leaves into the US on behalf of The Coca-Cola Company and manufactures as much as $2 billion of pure cocaine every year.

The leaves are used to produce a 'decocainized' ingredient for the iconic soda and the cocaine byproduct is sold to the nation's largest opioid manufacturer, which markets the powder as a numbing agent and topical anesthetic for dentists.

The unassuming facility in Maywood has been processing coca leaves for Coca-Cola for over 100 years and is now run by a chemical manufacturer called Stepan Company.

It operates under special licenses issued to it by the DEA and is the only company in the US permitted to import coca leaves and manufacture cocaine.

And just this year, on January 30, Stepan successfully renewed its petition for permission to continue importing the controlled substance into the US.

Chewing the leaves gives a subtle high. Tea does almost nothing for me. They are legal in parts of Peru which is where I had them, and Bolivia.

Phaedrus

Chewing the leaves gives a subtle high. Tea does almost nothing for me. They are legal in parts of Peru which is where I had them, and Bolivia.
My dad traveled South America extensively in the ‘70s and said the locals in certain areas would recommend coca for altitude sickness. But he said farmers and other laborers chewed it because it staved off hunger and gave them an energy boost to keep working.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals