Drugs To Treat Serious Lack Of Motivation?

OP
B

Ben

kineticz said:
When caffeine reduced motivation in me even more, it was high prolactin, high dht, high gaba, low thyroid, low dopamine, low testosterone.

Zinc helped massively. Also make sure your pregnenolone is not the oral form. This screwed me up.
I don't understand what you're saying about the hormones. How do you know whether you have high gaba?

kineticz

visionofstrength said:
kineticz said:
Also make sure your pregnenolone is not the oral form.
Do you use pregnenolone in another form, other than oral? I actually didn't know there was another form. :oops: Maybe intramuscular injection?

I use transdermal cream by Life-Flo. 15mg per pump. Very good mood stabiliser and provides the raw materials for your hormone cascade.

The oral version has a tendency to spike cortisol and the pituitary is very sensitive to this. Can have adverse effects on your ACTH.

Ben said:
kineticz said:
When caffeine reduced motivation in me even more, it was high prolactin, high dht, high gaba, low thyroid, low dopamine, low testosterone.

Zinc helped massively. Also make sure your pregnenolone is not the oral form. This screwed me up.
I don't understand what you're saying about the hormones. How do you know whether you have high gaba?

When I take a gaba supplement I get the same feeling as I do when my DHT is raised. DHT is known to raise gaba and adrenaline. A sort of helplessness, very complacent but internal anxiety. Just sit there feeling like I don't need to make the effort to sustain life. Like the world should work for me.

When you drink caffeine you stimulate the thyroid, and if your liver is having troubles synthesising hormones from LDL cholesterol, your adrenals slack and your TRH raises prolactin trying to compensate. Prolactin is the ultimate male motivation and vitality crusher. It is known to stimulate 5-AR receptors (DHT) further lowering dopamine.

Caffeine in this state will also promote the conversion of your dopamine to adrenaline. This further depletes your motivation.

Hypothyroidism and high adrenaline strips the body of zinc and therefore your testicular axis is also struggling.

Hey, B. Just a thought I wanted to share with you, that lack of motivation may be similar to those symptoms that Peat has said result from an excess of endotoxins in the gut, such as weight gain, anxiety, depression and helplessness.

If that's a possibility? Then maybe the strongest possible drug for this is to get the endotoxins in your gut cleared out? ... more about this here.

jyb

kineticz said:
Hypothyroidism and high adrenaline strips the body of zinc and therefore your testicular axis is also struggling.

Didn't know about adrenaline and zinc connection...

Parsifal

I use transdermal cream by Life-Flo. 15mg per pump. Very good mood stabiliser and provides the raw materials for your hormone cascade.

The oral version has a tendency to spike cortisol and the pituitary is very sensitive to this. Can have adverse effects on your ACTH.

When I take a gaba supplement I get the same feeling as I do when my DHT is raised. DHT is known to raise gaba and adrenaline. A sort of helplessness, very complacent but internal anxiety. Just sit there feeling like I don't need to make the effort to sustain life. Like the world should work for me.

When you drink caffeine you stimulate the thyroid, and if your liver is having troubles synthesising hormones from LDL cholesterol, your adrenals slack and your TRH raises prolactin trying to compensate. Prolactin is the ultimate male motivation and vitality crusher. It is known to stimulate 5-AR receptors (DHT) further lowering dopamine.

Caffeine in this state will also promote the conversion of your dopamine to adrenaline. This further depletes your motivation.

This is an old thread but I didn't know that DHT could make you feel like this and that Prolactin was increasing DHT. I don't know what to think now, IIRC it is said on the forum that DHT is the best androgenic substance for males and that glycine and taurine would help to increase it?

You sound like me. I have almost no motivation at all. How can I fix this?

I know that histamine is a huge motivation booster. How can I increase histamine then?

redlight

Testosterone cream applied to the scrotum gave me insane motivation and libido was scary high

Mufasa

You sound like me. I have almost no motivation at all. How can I fix this?

I know that histamine is a huge motivation booster. How can I increase histamine then?

I don't think anyone really wants histamine for motivation.
You can also take ritalin or adderall for motivation.
But that is not a long term solution.

Fixing metabolism, making sure serotonin is low, was for me the key for fixing motivation.
Not this insane motivation for an hour, that is not helpful for anything.

But motivation to design and plan a real living.
I now completed stopped with ritalin for a year, and doing Ray Peat for a year.
I don't have this insane hyperfocus anymore, but little but consistent effort every day has brought me so much more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals