Drug Interactions: Cyproheptadine And Propranolol ER?

A

Anonymous

Is anyone aware of a potential reaction between these two medications? I'm taking the Propranolol to down regulate adrenaline and tolerate Cytomel better, so my body can begin to run on thyroid again. I'm taking Cyproheptadine for allergies. I'm noticing dizziness, headaches, etc. I'm wondering if these two meds are having an interaction. Thanks!

tara

I have used both of these but not together.
Many years ago, I got dizzy on propranolol if I tried to exercise strenuously. It slows the heart rate. I couldn't get my heart rate above 135 without getting too dizzy to continue.
When I first took cyproheptadine a few months ago, I got a little dizzy, but that could have been either wholly or partly due to the oncoming migraine I was trying to forestall, or the interaction of the migraine with the drug.

Just looked up a local formulary, and it does not officially record any interactions.
But either of those medicines can have those side-effects alone for some people, so maybe combining them increases the odds of that happening for some people?

DaveFoster

I'm also using propranolol and thyroid at this time for the same reasons at the OP; has anyone had any good effects from combining to the two?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals