Drowsiness/Crashing after taking Gelatin at night

I've been taking 1tbsp Great Lakes Gelatin dissolved into 16oz warm water with lemon & honey at night.

I sleep like a rock for 8-9 hours, but I'm sluggish getting out of bed in the morning, lazy throughout the day, and energy levels crash around 5pm, to the point I'm physically moving slower.

I've taken Glycine on its own, 4-5g with Kefir before bed, and this doesn't really happen.

Is Gelatin causing my Cortisol levels to tank so low it makes me a lazy POS?

The sleep is very deep and feels restorative but I cant do this on a consistent basis if it's gonna destroy my energy like this.

Elize

Gelatin is high in histamine and I have low cortisol levels and make me feel worse. Make your own by steaming bones for.less than 2 hours to form a gel once cooled down. You scoop the fat off.. Most gelatin products use a two day cooking method.

OP
J
Gelatin is high in histamine and I have low cortisol levels and make me feel worse. Make your own by steaming bones for.less than 2 hours to form a gel once cooled down. You scoop the fat off.. Most gelatin products use a two day cooking method.
Can histamines cause drowsiness? Anti-histamines are known to do that so not sure if that's whats triggering it, but I'll try it anyways

Elize

Yes it can cause drowsiness, itching, dizzy spells, swelling and a host of things. There's a lot of histamine liberating information on the forum and Redsun and I posted a lot of information and others too

-Luke-

But wouldn't the broth also be quite high in histamine? Or does it depend on the duration of the cooking?

Elize

Histamine is after 2 hours of cooking time according to my friend who is a functional medicine doctor. I freeze the gel in an ice cube tray, pop them out and place in a food bag and freeze. You use the cube when needed .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom