Dropped Thyroid Meds. Headache!

Nstocks

I've been reducing my thyroid supplement (Novotiral) for the past few weeks and have decided to stop taking it to focus more on eating food.

For the past weeks I've started to get terrible migranes, most of which are located near my eyes. If that makes sense!

Could it be a coincidence from dropping thyroid, or something else? Anything other than relaxing music and aspirin I could do?

lindsay

I've been reducing my thyroid supplement (Novotiral) for the past few weeks and have decided to stop taking it to focus more on eating food.

For the past weeks I've started to get terrible migranes, most of which are located near my eyes. If that makes sense!

Could it be a coincidence from dropping thyroid, or something else? Anything other than relaxing music and aspirin I could do?

This has been my experience as well. I suspect it has something to do with increased serotonin, but I really know nothing. My solution was to start taking thyroid again. The fallout after the body has used up the rest of the T4 is usually so bad that I cannot really eat much in the way of good foods because my digestion is a mess and I feel like poo.

Maybe try switching to a more T3 oriented thyroid? I must say, for the price I do like Blue Sky Peptide. I ordered their T4 as well, but it hasn't built up in my system yet.

In my experience, I cannot consume enough good foods unless I am taking some thyroid. It's very frustrating, but since I cannot really just go buy animal thyroid and eat it, I figure Oh Well.

tara

Caffeine may help. Or not. Even a little coffee can make aspirin more effective.
(For me caffeine can sometimes interrupt a headache or threatening migraine, but it usually catches up with me eventually, often worse.
Wouldn't surprise me if it is related to lowered thyroid hormone. Were you monitoring temps as you reduced the thyroid supp? Do they confirm reduced metabolism?

OP
N

Nstocks

I've actually started to drink coffee (in the morning) to make me poop!

Temp were all over the place, but waking temp for the past week since dropping EVERYTHING (supplements) is around 36.1. Compared to a year ago that's 0.7C higher.

I'm trying to eat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and getting enough protein; mostly from goat cheese, quinoa (that has been soaked and cooked well), chicken and started goats milk again. Still need more calories but I don't want starches.

Unrelated to this topic but the red light (from redlightman) has been working wonders in growing my beard. I'm a few inches away from it joining together (sides and goatee) so all in all it will take about 3 months total with 20 minutes use per week minimum. I've found that with hairs growing comes some cysts, but the red light clears them up pretty darn quick. I only use water and Argan oil, occasionally steam to exfoliate.

Hopefully dropping thyroid meds won't cause too much fat gain or acne.