drinking too many liquids?

gretchen

I think it might be a real problem. I am peeing every hour (almost)and getting up at night. My morning temp is 95-96 degrees. I'm tired, and think the liquids are making it worse. I use a lot of salt which has reduced the adrenaline/cortisol morning thing(I'm waking up earlier), but I still wake up cold. I have no appetite. And have gained a few lbs (I am in sweats).... Should I go on Cytomel? What if my body temp never normalizes?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I find when my metabolism has crashed, I pee often and too much. When my metabolism is cranking, I pee what I would think is a normal amount and frequency. When I took the couple weeks off of supplementing thyroid, I was waking up a couple of times a night to pee, and also, not sleeping well at all. After a little over a week of taking thyroid, I was back to sleeping well and not having to wake up many times for potty break.

jyb

In my experience waking up for pee is a consequence of poor sleep rather than the other way round. When I'm lucky and do have a good night sleep, the bladder seems desensitized even when it holds large amounts which would on bad nights make me urge to pee.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It could be that way. But it seemed to me, the urging to pee was waking me up. nwo says we make a hormone or something like that at night, that stops the urge to pee, or something to that effect. I just figured when my metabolism was running well I was making this hormone which allowed me not having the need to pee. I would even wake up in the morning at a normal time after sleeping all night and still would not have a bad urge to pee. So I think this hormone or whatever it is that nwo is talking about is a big player. And I imagine that hormone would not be made under a bad metabolism.

OP
G

gretchen

Yes, the peeing thing started during a starvation cycle ( I ate 1,000 cals a day and walked all day at the airport)in 2008. I have also been peri menopausal since the mid 2000s but the chronic dieting seems to have sped it up.

For a while I thought it was because of losing estrogen receptors (due to progesteone decline)in my bladder. That could have something to do with it. I've tried drinking less and it doesn't make much difference. I wonder if Matt Stone is right- people with a weak metabolism shouldn't drink much.

make sure that you NEVER have liquids on an empty stomach...it will create an instant adrenaline response...also aim for multiple teaspoons of salt a day

OP
G

gretchen

I drink too many liquids, often on an empty stomach. :--( I thought the milk and oj (my main sources of sugar) were ok. And yes, I've added a ton of salt.

Just had a hamburger patty with some jello and chocolate. My temp is 98 which is amazing; it's never this high at night.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
mdrsports31 said:
make sure that you NEVER have liquids on an empty stomach...it will create an instant adrenaline response...

That's the first time I have heard this. Where did you get that info from?

J

j.

mdrsports31 said:
make sure that you NEVER have liquids on an empty stomach...it will create an instant adrenaline response...also aim for multiple teaspoons of salt a day

I tend to feel fine after drinking liquids on an empty stomach.

gretchen said:
I drink too many liquids, often on an empty stomach. :--( I thought the milk and oj (my main sources of sugar) were ok. And yes, I've added a ton of salt.

Just had a hamburger patty with some jello and chocolate. My temp is 98 which is amazing; it's never this high at night.

nope, not even the milk or oj are okay on the empty stomach...good luck hope this helps

j. said:
OrangeJuiceManiac said:

I tend to feel fine after drinking liquids on an empty stomach.

well then your metabolism is strong enough to handle it

cliff

OrangeJuiceManiac said:
nope, not even the milk or oj are okay on the empty stomach...good luck hope this helps

Ray never says that. Anyone who has an adrenaline response knows milk, OJ and soda lower adrenaline. One of the reasons ray thinks milk is such a good food is because it's so convenient to just have a couple sips of milk whenever.

Josh rubin was probably talking about plain water, ray has said chugging a large amount of plain water on a empty stomach can trigger a serotonin response.

Lianda

gretchen said:
Yes, the peeing thing started during a starvation cycle ( I ate 1,000 cals a day and walked all day at the airport)in 2008. I have also been peri menopausal since the mid 2000s but the chronic dieting seems to have sped it up.

For a while I thought it was because of losing estrogen receptors (due to progesteone decline)in my bladder. That could have something to do with it. I've tried drinking less and it doesn't make much difference. I wonder if Matt Stone is right- people with a weak metabolism shouldn't drink much.

I've found that Matt Stone has some really good answers. The fact is, if you drink less, as per his latest ebook, you have nothing to lose! You'll be able to see measurable changes for yourself.
Good Luck!

OP
G

gretchen

The way Matt describes it, it sounds like there's also a yin/yang effect, i.e. low temp/weak metabolism= yin; warmer temp/better metabolism= yang. Years ago when I studied macrobiotics, the macro ppl said liquids were bad for the kidneys and could make you weak, and salt could make you more balanced.

Anyway, even if you disagree with him, it's good info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG8E-GUK ... SQ&index=9

superhuman

Did Josh Rubin mean all kind of liquids or just water on empty stomach? would be cool to hear the detailed explenation for this

Rolan

The hell. I drink Milk first thing, because the last thing I want to do is eat solids when I wake up. I'd like to read more about this too.

As for peeing, with all the milk and OJ the first 6 days It was like I need to pee-bag attached to my schlong. Luckily I've been working on a garden so I could just pull out my wanger when no-one was looking and perform a swift evacuation. It'd be a bit awkward in the office I'd imagine.

The last few days, however, have been much more stable, and not once have I had to get up in the night(which I sleep right through). That said I pee much more now than I did before this experiment, even with 4 pints of water a day. I've had about 3 pints of water the last week, but obviously with coffee it's alot more than that.