Drinking Mostly Skim Milk?

Samya

I've recently found that I do best eating more carbohydrates when they don't have fat to interfere with how they're being used and have gravitated towards skim milk. I feel good mostly drinking skim milk and then having 1-2 meals per day. My calcium:phosphorous isn't ideal as I usually eat a few potatoes and some meat at least once a day but I guess it's better than my previous diet where I was getting almost no calcium.

I was wondering how many of you here consume a lot of skim milk and if there's any issues to look out for long-term?

Last edited:

Dobbler

Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you're getting enough calories, atleast 2500 .

postman

I'm pretty sure that's what Ray recommends, skim milk. You can eat eggshells to increase your calcium intake further. You could also try MCT oil if you want a fat that doesnt interfere with glucose utilization.

milkboi

I'm pretty sure that's what Ray recommends, skim milk. You can eat eggshells to increase your calcium intake further. You could also try MCT oil if you want a fat that doesnt interfere with glucose utilization.

Never thought of supplementing calcium when dietary calcium is already high (2g +) and phos/cal ratio is good. What would be the benefit(s) of further increasing it through supplementation?

OP
Samya

Samya

Never thought of supplementing calcium when dietary calcium is already high (2g +) and phos/cal ratio is good. What would be the benefit(s) of further increasing it through supplementation?

I think it was in reply to me saying that because I eat meat and potatoes as well as milk that my ratio is slightly off.

Marco

I started drinking milk again after years and I too digest well skimmed milk. I was very surprised to find not to be lactose-intolerant but milk fat's. Also using the fortified kind to have more of vit.D, A and K since dropping my cod liver oil pills having A and D. Warming it makes also the magic. Still figuring out my best approach but lowering the fats seems to have done good, my skin f.i. is cleaner and, despite almost doubling the calories I did not gain waist fat.

Beastmode

I tried reducing my 1% with skim and I get gassy. Whenever I've tried skim milk for a period of time, no matter the brand, my stomach doesn't agree with it. Be nice to cut out the extra fat from milk consumption, but it doesn't look probable yet.

Luann

I use both but don't think I could go back to only skim like once did. it can be hard to get calories on loww-Pufa as it is.

edit: also been using goat dairy which is not really available in skimmed.

baccheion

You could live on only low-fat milk if enough were consumed (calories) and it was 100% grass-fed/grass-finished and raw. Fats could be scooped out to better control intake.

I'd probably supplement with fat-soluble vitamins if removing the fat. Pasteurization and removing fat lowers vitamin B6, fat-soluble vitamins, iron and mineral absorption (due to absent enzymes), etc.