Drinking Coffee And Not Staying Up

cyclops

avoid alcohol and depressants. low methylators may need more stimulating foods to boost dopamine. also try to get folate from raw or animal foods and avoid folate supplemented foods.

from what i read is folate has the ability to raise or lower methylation as some doctores have used it to lower dopamine in schizophrenic patients. but some people do not respond while to folic acid which sythetic folate.

Thank you, I will do this. I don't supplement folate. Do you know what Peaty foods would be the best source of folate? I googled it and mostly vegetables and beans came up, but also eggs. Maybe we should make an effort to eat more eggs then?

fradon

Thank you, I will do this. I don't supplement folate. Do you know what Peaty foods would be the best source of folate? I googled it and mostly vegetables and beans came up, but also eggs. Maybe we should make an effort to eat more eggs then?

eggs are okay but they also have a lot of choline that converts to acetylcholine and that antagonizes dopamine. if you are a low methylator with low dopamine, then adding more acetylcholine can make you feel edgy or even give you the shakes or twitchy as there is little dopamine to block acetlcholine.

i notice when eat a lot of eggs my hand eye coordination goes off a bit.

i've been eating steamed turnip greens.

Lejeboca

I wish I could find something to give me that little boost of energy. I can drink a pot of coffee, energy drinks, caffeine pills and I get nothing; I often just feel more tired. I recently tried red ginseng and felt nothing. I don't know if this is good or bad health wise, but I remember the days when coffee would give me a really nice pep in my step, brighten up my day a bit and I truly do miss that. I definitely don't enjoy coffee as much as I used to because I no longer associate it with an energy boost or mood lift. I really just drink it for taste now or I feel like it helps me digest a bit after a meal.

What do Peaters gotta take for a nice energy kick?

+1. Got the same attitude towards coffee now: taste+digestion+stress relief
Yerba Mate still gives me a a nice mild energy boost.

Two or three cans of Red Bull really don't give you an energy boost?

In a way, yes. I actually drink it to relax without getting sleepy. Like when I am driving long distance and am stressed by all the speed and crazy drivers around, if I drink RB, I get a mellow state of mind.