Drinking away from meals?

OP
M

Motif

The problem is I’m not sure if I’m lacking stomach acid or If I have too much and maybe not enough encymes or bile. and I don’t know how to find out.

I can’t get oysters here but ordered canned ones and they gave me crazy histamine symptoms.

i don’t think i can get mussels here. I eat beef liver twice a week

Austin Resch

The problem is I’m not sure if I’m lacking stomach acid or If I have too much and maybe not enough encymes or bile. and I don’t know how to find out.

I can’t get oysters here but ordered canned ones and they gave me crazy histamine symptoms.

i don’t think i can get mussels here. I eat beef liver twice a week
Im not sure of the exact content, but raw honey should have decent amounts of Zn.

What is it that makes you feel you have low/high stomach acid?

OP
M

Motif

Im not sure of the exact content, but raw honey should have decent amounts of Zn.

What is it that makes you feel you have low/high stomach acid?
Thanks

Cause my copper was still low after eating 6 weeks of high copper foods (liver , cacao daily and mushrooms often ) I thought that this might be because of low stomach acid.

my digestion was always slow. Sometimes food stays in my stomach forever.
But then again I think my fat digestion is not that good when I look at my stools.

i was never able to go daily btw. All my life.

Can anybody tell me how I can find out it I have low or high stomach acid ?

I’ll copy one of my posts :

Always thought it’s too low but now I’m not sure anymore.

I have slow weak digestion all my life and was never able to eat much besides something like yogurt for example.

Throat clearing is something I did all my life too.

I have a copper and zinc deficiency which I’m not able to solve.

When I wake up I have a stuffy nose and have to cough like crazy. It gets better through the day though.“

Am I lacking encymes, bile , stomach acid ?
Nothing? How to tell?

I have read that if you drink some baking soda with water, say 1/4 tsp with a half cup of water, and you burp shortly after then your stomach acid is good, and the bigger the burp the better too. The longer it takes to produce that burp the lower your stomach acid is. I use to get a really big burp within a minute or two after taking the baking soda, and when i wasn't burping at all is I realized it must be because I was taking in too many liquids. My digestion is much better now :)

akgrrrl

Good summary, I would only add a small edit: the enzyme pepsin is released in the stomach to help with protein digestion (not in saliva/mouth). In the mouth, during mastication, the salivary enzyme amylase is released to begin digestion of carbohydrates (the classic example of this is to leave a piece of bread in your mouth for a minute or longer, and notice the development of sweet taste begin to appear from the digestion of the carbs in bread).

Regarding stomach acid levels, having an adequate/high salt intake is generally very beneficial for a variety of reasons. Specifically for digestion, the salt (sodium chloride) will provide the necessary amounts of chloride to produce enough stomach acid (hydrochloric acid = HCl) which will help optimally acidify your stomach to a pH of 1-2 (the lower the better, in terms of protein digestion).

I have seen people experience success with incorporating small amounts of apple cider vinegar prior to meals, since the acidity of the ACV will be detected by the stomach and cause it begin producing more.

For your Cu & Zn deficiencies, have you tried incorporating more oysters, muscles, beef liver?
Yeah I didnt want to get too technical on all the processes, but thanks for the edit. I think he got the idea. One thing I have noticed the last 2 years on rpf, there are way more general public readers than biochemists, just trying to open doors...thanks for the help.

OP
M

Motif

Yeah I didnt want to get too technical on all the processes, but thanks for the edit. I think he got the idea. One thing I have noticed the last 2 years on rpf, there are way more general public readers than biochemists, just trying to open doors...thanks for the help.
Thanks! Could you take a look at this maybe:

akgrrrl

thanks! And I will get me some maple syrup later today.

i unfortunately don’t know much about digestion, but mine has been week all my life.
very Slow and I would guess lacking in all digestive juices. I have copper and zinc deficiency too that I was not able to get rid of with high copper and zinc foods or even supplements.

i started bitters now and it helps a lot, but still floating though.

i have histamine issues which are eczema , dermatitis and hair loss and I wake up every morning with a stuffy nose and cough, which I now think might be reflux issues.

i got tight muscles / fascia all over my body.

any idea how I could fix this?

oh and I was never in my life able to eat a lot. Alway Full quick. But what I always could eat tons of is yogurt / pudding and stuff like this.
@akgrrrl
Good observations on your part. It is pleasing to me that you are seeking answers, asking questions, experimenting, and making your own decisions. This is a path to knowledge and discerning what is good for you.
The first way to eliminate substances that interfere with optimum health, is to source everything you eat and drink as pure items. This requires knowledge.
As we speak of digestion for humans, this knowledge must be extended to the animals. For example, we know that a cow has 4 stomachs that process fresh green grass and hay into milk for their calves. This we collect for making yogurt, kefir, sour cream, cheeses etc. So, if a cow is confined to a stall and only fed a sludge of rapeseed ground up with water, are the stomachs producing real milk? And if that product is so empty of likeness to milk that it must be whitened, thickened, and a list of synthetic vitamins added to pass standards for human consumption, is it still " milk"?
Let me know when you find your quality maple syrup. I pay $44 for a gallon, yet I see ppl in my same area buying a tiny pint for $24 of grade A

akgrrrl

Thanks! Could you take a look at
Did you read what member Austin Resch offered? Apple cider vinegar...or even lemon juice in water...is prob how I would start every day (if you were my kid.)
Constant throat clearing can be a sign of constant sinus drip. Learn what sinuses are for and how they work so you can find the source of your stuffy. Nothing worse than not being able to breathe CORRECTLY. Yes thats a thing.
Elininating some things, revising others, adding new substances each week as good sources are found, these are elements of the puzzle we all must discover.
I had to start with environment. When you come in my house, there is no synthetic carpeting, only natural wool, sisal backed. No glue presswood furniture, no off-gassing paint, no toxic petroleum plastic polyesters.
Wool carpet, wool handknotted rugs, metal, glass, wood furnture, and heavy cotton velvet or leather upholstery. Once I had a pure place to sleep and live, I started with foods.As I learned about foods, I made sure my clothes and personal products were not the problem.

Let me know if you think this is helpful, its your thread.
Can anybody tell me how I can find out it I have low or high stomach acid ?

I’ll copy one of my posts :

Always thought it’s too low but now I’m not sure anymore.

I have slow weak digestion all my life and was never able to eat much besides something like yogurt for example.

Throat clearing is something I did all my life too.

I have a copper and zinc deficiency which I’m not able to solve.

When I wake up I have a stuffy nose and have to cough like crazy. It gets better through the day though.“

Am I lacking encymes, bile , stomach acid ?
Nothing? How to tell?

OP
M

Motif

Did you read what member Austin Resch offered? Apple cider vinegar...or even lemon juice in water...is prob how I would start every day (if you were my kid.)
Constant throat clearing can be a sign of constant sinus drip. Learn what sinuses are for and how they work so you can find the source of your stuffy. Nothing worse than not being able to breathe CORRECTLY. Yes thats a thing.
Elininating some things, revising others, adding new substances each week as good sources are found, these are elements of the puzzle we all must discover.
I had to start with environment. When you come in my house, there is no synthetic carpeting, only natural wool, sisal backed. No glue presswood furniture, no off-gassing paint, no toxic petroleum plastic polyesters.
Wool carpet, wool handknotted rugs, metal, glass, wood furnture, and heavy cotton velvet or leather upholstery. Once I had a pure place to sleep and live, I started with foods.As I learned about foods, I made sure my clothes and personal products were not the problem.

Let me know if you think this is helpful, its your thread.
Thanks.

i would say in my case my tight muscles and fascia might have some effect on my health / digestion / nervous system. Maybe that’s underrated for me. This is a chronic issue of mine that I have for many many many years. Over half my life now.

then I got some personal issues over many years that I need to fix on. Those I have for almost as long as my muscle / fascia issues and maybe this resulted in my health issues. I don’t know.
never solved it cause my health issues didn’t let me. Maybe it’s a viscous cycle that I need to break

akgrrrl

Thanks.

i would say in my case my tight muscles and fascia might have some effect on my health / digestion / nervous system. Maybe that’s underrated for me. This is a chronic issue of mine that I have for many many many years. Over half my life now.

then I got some personal issues over many years that I need to fix on. Those I have for almost as long as my muscle / fascia issues and maybe this resulted in my health issues. I don’t know.
never solved it cause my health issues didn’t let me. Maybe it’s a viscous cycle that I need to break
Sorry, I totally failed to comment on your muscle tightness. There could be soooo many reasons for what you experience here...so look, I was only a massage therapist decades ago, its how I put myself thru college. So I can only offer a few things, but first is that the fascia needs clear identification for you.Ever seen a real cow, pig, or goat cut up by a real butcher not the sanitized pks of meat delivered to grocery stores? Fascia is an amazing sheath of white snappy stretchy connective material that stretches over muscle tendon and bone. Like it encases your rib cage. You are stretching it every time you breathe deeply. Fascia carries signals thru the entire fascia network of your body. Deep, careful probing wiith your fingers (pick a place to start! Or on someone else) furstly, simple touching of finger pads to skin generates piezo electrical impulses that travel like internet. Pressure and manipulation going ever deeper creates massive chanes stimulating nerves, blood flow, the fluids in your joints, position of muscles,tendons, and bones. There are pockets of gas that release, blockages of many kinds of fluid, and small dams which prevent your neural impulses and blood from doing all their jobs. Much of this occurs at the cellular level, but you can start small, feel and observe then realize that body tuneups can occur both from exercises, deep touch stimulation, and machines.(vibration platforms, tenz units, Chi machines, ad nauseum...

OP
M

Motif

Time to stop drinking while having a meal again. ??‍♂️

Sani

Sorry, I totally failed to comment on your muscle tightness. There could be soooo many reasons for what you experience here...so look, I was only a massage therapist decades ago, its how I put myself thru college. So I can only offer a few things, but first is that the fascia needs clear identification for you.Ever seen a real cow, pig, or goat cut up by a real butcher not the sanitized pks of meat delivered to grocery stores? Fascia is an amazing sheath of white snappy stretchy connective material that stretches over muscle tendon and bone. Like it encases your rib cage. You are stretching it every time you breathe deeply. Fascia carries signals thru the entire fascia network of your body. Deep, careful probing wiith your fingers (pick a place to start! Or on someone else) furstly, simple touching of finger pads to skin generates piezo electrical impulses that travel like internet. Pressure and manipulation going ever deeper creates massive chanes stimulating nerves, blood flow, the fluids in your joints, position of muscles,tendons, and bones. There are pockets of gas that release, blockages of many kinds of fluid, and small dams which prevent your neural impulses and blood from doing all their jobs. Much of this occurs at the cellular level, but you can start small, feel and observe then realize that body tuneups can occur both from exercises, deep touch stimulation, and machines.(vibration platforms, tenz units, Chi machines, ad nauseum...
So should I always drink milk and eat liquid things like yogurt about 30 minutes before eating solid meals? Or is it ok to drink liquids first and right after solid foods with no break?

SamYo123

So how are most peaters eating their steak and liver with a coffee to stop iron absorption doubt they all got digestive issues with fluid and foodd together

Vileplume

So how are most peaters eating their steak and liver with a coffee to stop iron absorption doubt they all got digestive issues with fluid and foodd together
I think when your metabolism is strong, you can tolerate liquids better, even with food. Plus people seem to do better with hot liquids, so coffee probably causes fewer problems than OJ.

koky

So I hope that explain helps you understand that shreds of meat and other food you thought was ok to swallow might not digest and fuel your body optimally. The material that cannot be liquified or absorbed as nutrient will pass thru a valve called the ileocecal valve, where it compacts as bulk in the very distance of the large intestine and exits as waste.
PS Real maple syrup(real, like the sap out of a maple tree) is my favorite food. Prob the only reason I buy yogurt as a vehicle to consume syrup. I buy a gallon, grade B or Robust which has more minerals and vitamins and much richer taste than highly refined grade A.
BIG YUMMIES No limits!
2 gallons dark maple syrup a year!
chew liquids - drink solids