Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D – Vitamin D, Thyroid, Evolving Consciously And Much More -August 20, 2019

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by Inaut, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Inaut

Inaut Member

2. schultz

schultz Member

Yey. Thanks mister.

3. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

An exceptional interview.
    Thank you for posting this.

4. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

Still on the fence about this whole oral vitamin D thing. I found it odd that Peat was okay with such high oral doses. Plus, a lot of what I have been reading is that people with low storage D can have active D levels through the roof, the opposite of what he was saying. I know he is all about getting parathyroid hormone down, but to what expense. And, just to end with a little levity, if we older people are deficient in cholesterol and it can be rubbed on the skin, why not just get out the good old grass-fed butter and butter up! The vitamin D story is no where near over.

5. jamies33

jamies33 Member

So high vitamin C is unhealthy?

6. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Fantastic interview!

7. JDreamer

JDreamer Member

All I know is - I supplement 3,000mg's every night before bed. Ever since doing that I almost always wake up with a hard-on and I don't feel sluggish.

8. aquaman

aquaman Member

Gonna dig out some old Vit C tablets now!

9. jamies33

jamies33 Member

I also feel better with lots of vitamin C. I wonder whats going on with that...

10. baccheion

baccheion Member

Could try the daily morning adrenal flush, though it's usually done in the AM on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before eating: 24-32 ounces body temperature water, adding 1g NaCl and 1g vitamin C per 8 ounces. I suppose magnesium is also part of adrenal formulas.

11. Kammas

Kammas Member

maybe excess vitamin C is only dangerous with high blood iron because it can turn it into it’s reduced form?

12. blabla123

blabla123 Member

I found this article about milk https://www.journalofdairyscience.org/article/S0022-0302(43)92688-8/pdf that shows how you've got between 20-30 mg/L ascorbate in fresh raw milk, this is gradually turned into dehydroasorbic acid which again gradually decays. The loss is increased by the various processing steps like pasteurization. In the milk you buy in the store there will usually be between 1 and 6 mg dehydroasorbic acid per liter.
    So I guess this is a rather universal thing in animal products where you will find sufficent amounts of Vit C in fresh produce that decays over time and with processing.

13. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

14. OP
    Inaut

Inaut Member

has anybody used lanolin topically? i want a new skin cream ....

15. jamies33

jamies33 Member

I dont know, Ray said he stopped taking excess vitamin C in the 60s, and is of course avoidant of iron

16. nbznj

nbznj Member

I think he’s wrong on vitamin D, it’s 1,25(OHD) we need to look at, and if PTH is fine there’s a strong chance 1,25 is fine.

Extra calcification and risk is high in high blood 25(OHD) people. High as in - upper third of the range being as bad as clinically low

17. Lejeboca

Lejeboca Member

Haven't tried lanolin: I think it will be too hard to massage it into the skin, to absorb it well
    I use an MCT oil-based cream. And it works pretty well in terms of entering the skin quickly and leaving the skin "plum" (this is how I imagine the skin full of cholesterol to be, à la baby skin). Maybe shea butter would be good too but I haven't tried it.

18. shepherdgirl

shepherdgirl Member

19. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

Ray says to blend it with MCT oil, or some other type of skin friendly oil. Lanolin is stiffer than butter out of the fridge, from what I remember (I used to use it to condition my conga heads and baseball glove).

20. JudiBlueHen

JudiBlueHen Member

We had sheep when I was a kid. My father would shear them in the spring - for a week, his normally rough calloused hands were soft and smooth like the skin of a baby. While pure lanolin is very stiff and tacky, there are quite a few lanolin based creams available. I am looking for one myself.