Dr. Ray Peat - Liver Health, Milk, Alcohol, and More Listener Q&A

rei

Oh it was about if champagne was safe, he said it is actually beneficial in a teaspoon (or less) amount, from the ethanol having antioxidants. There was no talk about anything more. It was in the first half for only a minute.
Note he talked about alcohol content. Not teaspoon of champagne but pure ethanol.

Note he talked about alcohol content. Not teaspoon of champagne but pure ethanol.

He is talking about any liquor.

"Small amounts of alcohol can have some good antioxidant effects, but beer, wine, and dark whiskey, etc., contain enough estrogen to be harmful." -Ray Peat

rei

He is talking about any liquor.

"Small amounts of alcohol can have some good antioxidant effects, but beer, wine, and dark whiskey, etc., contain enough estrogen to be harmful." -Ray Peat
Yes, did that have any relation to what was the issue at hand? When he talked about dosage he talked about a teaspoon of alcohol, not champagne.

Also i hope he did not say what you quoted (too lazy to check), as those mentioned don't contain estrogen, rather they have estrogenic effect.

Yes, did that have any relation to what was the issue at hand? When he talked about dosage he talked about a teaspoon of alcohol, not champagne.

Also i hope he did not say what you quoted (too lazy to check), as those mentioned don't contain estrogen, rather they have estrogenic effect.

He also said this about what he thinks of tequila....

"E-mails from Kvothe "It’s very pleasant, and might have small amounts of beneficial things from the maguey juice."
asked whether he had a favorite brand
"No, I like any that is slightly yellow."

He said this too about drinking alcohol....

"People have very different reactions to it, probably depending on thyroid activity. It can have an antioxidant effect, but it can also cause hypoglycemia with pro-oxidative effects. If a person eats polyunsaturated fats, alcohol is more likely to cause oxidative reactions between iron and the fats." -Ray Peat

sunny

Regarding progesterone making people worse, I wonder if they are taking it continually instead of cycling it. Per Dr Peat, continual use will make the liver see it as excess progesterone, and just start excreting it, thereby making the dose ineffective. The cycling will reset the liver enzymes monthly to effectively excrete estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals