Dr. Ray Peat - Liver Health, Milk, Alcohol, and More Listener Q&A

gaze

I wonder if the milk only diet that they talked about would be a good test to see if one can properly digest milk.

Basically drink milk only for a few days: if digestion gets worse, you know milk might be a problem. For me its always hard to gauge how well I actually digest it, just cause I eat so many different things over the course of a few days.

i guess the excess liquid may throw off digestion irregardless of whether or not you can digest milk, so it may not be the best test

Last edited:

Lejeboca

I toast an ounce of Champaign to Dr. Peat !

Many good points in this interview. Excellent questions too. Thanks. @md_a for posting and Jodelle for interviewing!

I was pleased that Ray confirmed that "real" sourdough bread is a good nutrition b/c this is exactly what I bake. It does not come out as a brick, so there is some gluten left after soaking etc. But it is sure dense :): and moist at the same time. Will stop limiting my bread intake.
To add to Ray's thoughts on sourgough bread, wait at least six hours after the bread is done for a better digestion. (Yeah, I know it takes away much fun of freshly baked bread.)

I toast an ounce of Champaign to Dr. Peat !

Many good points in this interview. Excellent questions too. Thanks. @md_a for posting and Jodelle for interviewing!

I was pleased that Ray confirmed that "real" sourdough bread is a good nutrition b/c this is exactly what I bake. It does not come out as a brick, so there is some gluten left after soaking etc. But it is sure dense :): and moist at the same time. Will stop limiting my bread intake.
To add to Ray's thoughts on sourgough bread, wait at least six hours after the bread is done for a better digestion. (Yeah, I know it takes away much fun of freshly baked bread.)
Oh I love REAL sourdough Jeboca! It does not bloat like other wheat products. I had not heard about it needing to sit for 6 hours! Thank you for that little puzzle piece ?

Lejeboca

Oh I love REAL sourdough Jeboca! It does not bloat like other wheat products. I had not heard about it needing to sit for 6 hours! Thank you for that little puzzle piece ?
Recently, I was tempted by a freshly backed bread, and it was very tasty. Ate like three-four slices. Even though there was now bloating, I've got a mild yeast infection, the same as I used to get in the "before-peating" days, when I fed myself on not easily digestable carbs.

Recently, I was tempted by a freshly backed bread, and it was very tasty. Ate like three-four slices. Even though there was now bloating, I've got a mild yeast infection, the same as I used to get in the "before-peating" days, when I fed myself on not easily digestable carbs.
Was it a yeast baked bread instead of sourdough starter? Sometimes they sell it with culture AND yeast.

Inaut

sourdough grilled cheese..................................yes please

sourdough grilled cheese..................................yes please

Yessss!! I made this good combo months ago with a fresh baked warm loaf.

Attachments

• 20210315_135808.jpg
    20210315_135808.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 24
V

valdz

Started listening today but interesting about goat milk healing the dog. I might have to give some to my little yorkiepoo and maybe it’ll give her more energy. Lol.

Milk diet for 8 days would be something to try out.

Lately, I’ve been listening to Jodel’s podcast w/ Ray and also older ones w/ Georgi. She seems to be really pleasant w/ her guests.

Started listening today but interesting about goat milk healing the dog. I might have to give some to my little yorkiepoo and maybe it’ll give her more energy. Lol.

Milk diet for 8 days would be something to try out.

Lately, I’ve been listening to Jodel’s podcast w/ Ray and also older ones w/ Georgi. She seems to be really pleasant w/ her guests.
Yeah she doesn't take up more time talking than the guest, which is refreshing.

mariantos

I wonder if the milk only diet that they talked about would be a good test to see if one can properly digest milk.

Basically drink milk only for a few days: if digestion gets worse, you know milk might be a problem. For me its always hard to gauge how well I actually digest it, just cause I eat so many different things over the course of a few days.

i guess the excess liquid may throw off digestion irregardless of whether or not you can digest milk, so it may not be the best test
I did a test somewhat close to what you wrote. For two consecutive weeks I consumed 3 liters of milk daily, I can tell you that it is too much, at least for me, I did not tolerate the experiment very well since the end of the first week, but I decided I had to finish it.

Instead, 1 liter 500-1 liter 800, I can drink daily without the problems I encountered during the experiment, namely: bloating, constipation, dry skin, dandruff.

P

Peatness

This is such a good interview. Lots of information on anemia, progesterone, thyroid, milk, histamine and much more. What amazes me about Dr Peat is how versatile he is. I love the fact he used to bake his own bread.

Lilac

This was a good interview. Lots of basic information that I need to hear for a refresher course.

The story of the injured dog :blackeye: put on a raw goat milk diet was an eye-popper o_O. Notice how Ray always knows folks, like this dog owner, who start doing Peaty experiments, seemingly of their own volition, to get those eye-popping results? Or is Ray always modestly leaving out the part that it was his idea? ;)

P

Peatness

This was a good interview. Lots of basic information that I need to hear for a refresher course.

The story of the injured dog :blackeye: put on a raw goat milk diet was an eye-popper o_O. Notice how Ray always knows folks, like this dog owner, who start doing Peaty experiments, seemingly of their own volition, to get those eye-popping results? Or is Ray always modestly leaving out the part that it was his idea? ;)
Dr Peat is a modest man. ;)

I found this video from Jodelle super interesting.
Jody Levy obviously has something to sell, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.... but anyone a bit savi could put this protocol together themselves at a much cheaper price.
Having said that I might consider buying this for my very badly affected gut.

View: https://youtu.be/5Mx_3vLmrto

P

Peatness

I found this video from Jodelle super interesting.
Jody Levy obviously has something to sell, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.... but anyone a bit savi could put this protocol together themselves at a much cheaper price.
Having said that I might consider buying this for my very badly affected gut.

View: https://youtu.be/5Mx_3vLmrto

Sorry I haven't watched the video. But wanted to say that Dr Peat always goes with real food. No need for fancy products, just drink plan milk. Dr Peat doesn’t even endorse raw milk.

Vileplume

He has all these stories, all these people he’s known, he paints, he writes all these articles and newsletters, he’s done a bunch of his own experiments (like on estrogen, for example), he does frequent podcasts, and he still replies to pretty much every email people send him. Truly a remarkable person.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals