Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat - Iodine, Spider Veins, Oxalates, Fat Loss 2020-07-31

Daniil

Can anyone summarize Ray's position on oxalates? I don't know English well enough to understand the interview with him.

rr1

Can anyone summarize Ray's position on oxalates? I don't know English well enough to understand the interview with him.
Our body can oxidise them, and its generally not a problem in small amounts. But they do have a bad effect on magnesium and calcium metabolism and can bind up and steal the magnesium from your diet. Some plants that are very rich in oxalates can even steal calcium from your teeth. Ray says that he completely avoids them.

Daniil

Our body can oxidise them, and its generally not a problem in small amounts. But they do have a bad effect on magnesium and calcium metabolism and can bind up and steal the magnesium from your diet. Some plants that are very rich in oxalates can even steal calcium from your teeth. Ray says that he completely avoids them.
thank you very much

Vileplume

The rapid fire questions at the beginning had me cracking up.

Ants as a favorite animal, because bees and wasps outsmart him. Only Ray.

TomS

I hope it helps you. If you do not understand it, you may use google translator.
Otherwise you may download free DeepL translator, that translates from English to Russian, as well, on your device.

tseri12

beets, coffee, oranges, and chocolate are all oxolates though right?