Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat, Day One: Full Interview from On the Back of a Tiger

boris

Are these not shorter than the posted vids?
Yes, by about 25 minutes and 30 seconds.

Weird, skipping through it, it seems to be identical. First part and last part end exactly on the same note from Peat as in the video. In the first part, the audio version has a little extra comment from the makers in the beginning, the video version has a little extra comment in the end.

Last edited:

CreakyJoints

Weird, skipping through it, it seems to be identical. First part and last part end exactly on the same note from Peat as in the video. In the first part, the audio version has a little extra comment from the makers in the beginning, the video version has a little extra comment in the end.

Just quickly comparing them, there are a number of moments where they cut silences and interviewer questions in the audio-only versions, but leave them in the videos. After deleting the note from the creators and just lining up the bits where Ray speaks, we can already observe a 10-second disparity between them both at about 2:20 or so: "the Oregon culture at that time...". Shortly after that, there is another 10-second disparity between them as the interviewer's question "so just start by telling us your name..." is deleted from the audio-only version. There is another at about 11:45: "so, going back a little further...". The next is around 17:00 minutes into the interview.

I don't have the patience right now to go through the entire thing to check, but I believe it's simply a result of the audio-only version having rather a lot of the interviewer's questions deleted (but confusingly not all of them, and not uniformly). It's not unreasonable to believe this might accumulate to 25 minutes and 30 seconds over the course of 6+ hours. I'm not saying with certainty that is the only difference, but I think it would be fair to assume.

If someone is particularly desperate to catalog all the individual differences, I suppose I could do it eventually.

For the more proactive people here, there is a simple but tedious way to do it.

1. Use some kind of audio editing program.
1a. If your program cannot multi-track, split the audio across a single stereo channel (one interview left, one interview on the right.
1b. The audio-only version should be boosted very slightly (only one or two db of clean gain).
2. Listen through them at speed, or observe with your eyes where the waveforms diverge.
3. Adjust the track that is lagging by cutting the audio which does not match both signals. Position it to compensate for the difference.
4. Listen again from your cut to ensure the same dialogue is being played from both. (you should hear weird phase artifacts as you do this)
5. Repeat 2-4 until you come to the end of all the audio.

...and here is a very fancy, lazy way to do it, which I may well be trying if someone asks.

1. Use an audio analysis program with a spectrogram.
2. Line up the audio as above in 1a. across a single stereo channel.
3. Ensure your settings allow for the spectrogram to be frozen, and that your timeline has enough detail to be able to see seconds in a recording of 6+ hours.
4. Play literally the entire thing (or play it in chunks if your screen/computer can't handle it.
5. Take a screenshot or export your spectrogram readout.
6. Mark with a crayon all the disparities and note the times.

CreakyJoints

For whatever reason, I am unable at the moment to edit that post; but as a word of warning, please only try the second method if you know what I'm talking about and understand the trick, otherwise you're in for a very frustrating experience.

The workaround for those with very small buffers/caches/short readout times is to massively speed up the audio, but you are still at the mercy of whatever the resolution is on your program.

Mito

In the second video he mentioned he hasn’t been to a doctor since he was 18 years old. Pretty amazing he’s been able to solve his own health issues for more than 60 years.

Kray

In the second video he mentioned he hasn’t been to a doctor since he was 18 years old. Pretty amazing he’s been able to solve his own health issues for more than 60 years.
Wow, that is impressive.

deeper

So this project was originally a gofundme campaign right ? Anyone remember how much they raised ?

Around 80k? The gofundmepage should still be up.

EDIT: it was on Kickstarter

Last edited:

TurboTime

Could someone turn this bad boy into a audio for me? As much as I like to watch Peat talk, it would be easier just to listen while doing other things as well. :)
For people on Android, a great combination is NewPipe and Podcast Addict. Newpipe let's you download youtube audio and with podcast addict you can create a virtual podcast with the folder the audio is downloaded into. You can download the audio in the Opus codec which is extremely high quality and space efficient (I usually use 70kb/s for spoken audio). Newpipe isn't on googleplay, you can get it at newpipe.net. Anyway sounds like a hassle but it's extremely comfy once you set it up. I've always listened to Danny's streams like this for example.

Without further ado, here are they are in 70kb/s opus
Day one (70mb):

Day two (102mb):

Hans

Forum Supporter
For people on Android, a great combination is NewPipe and Podcast Addict. Newpipe let's you download youtube audio and with podcast addict you can create a virtual podcast with the folder the audio is downloaded into. You can download the audio in the Opus codec which is extremely high quality and space efficient (I usually use 70kb/s for spoken audio). Newpipe isn't on googleplay, you can get it at newpipe.net. Anyway sounds like a hassle but it's extremely comfy once you set it up. I've always listened to Danny's streams like this for example.

Without further ado, here are they are in 70kb/s opus
Day one (70mb):

Day two (102mb):
Very helpful, thanks for sharing.

rei

Well i have gone 30% of that time while only being to a doctor once for stitches, and even that was unnecessary as it would probably have healed better if left to heal on it's own, now i have permanent scar/disfiguration from incompetent stitching job. After that experience i have always used super glue and binding to take care of cuts. In the culture over here you go to the doctor when you are sick, not "for checkups" as is promoted in capitalist healthcare societies.

Blood tests and other preventative stuff don't need the ridiculous cost of a doctor to be performed.

Drareg

Found this guy on twitter highlighting the previous work of the 2 producers from "on the back of a tiger". They worked for Bill Gates and his foundation in the past, they did documentaries on bills "work".
The twitter user seems to imply they may have been sent in by gates et al to discredit Peat, it's interesting because Peat seemed reluctant to meet them initially.

I personally believe they were naive and had good intentions, somebody from the gates foundation got wind of what they were doing and got them to back off, probably a one off payment, basically everything Peat promotes is pro health, longevity and intelligence, this isn't conducive to the Gates foundations genocidal depopulation campaign, I was curious lately about the laws around genocide, do the elite circumvent prosecution for genocide by engaging in depopulation via the fertility route, slowly destroying and discouraging fertility is difficult to prosecute I would imagine, the medical establishment have mastered the art of being charlatans and slowly killing people, its difficult to prosecute unless its an obvious quick killing.

View: https://twitter.com/T3MaxxiAlt/status/1576987161898819584?cxt=HHwWgIClhf7dyuIrAAAA

-Luke-

Found this guy on twitter highlighting the previous work of the 2 producers from "on the back of a tiger". They worked for Bill Gates and his foundation in the past, they did documentaries on bills "work".
The twitter user seems to imply they may have been sent in by gates et al to discredit Peat, it's interesting because Peat seemed reluctant to meet them initially.

I personally believe they were naive and had good intentions, somebody from the gates foundation got wind of what they were doing and got them to back off, probably a one off payment, basically everything Peat promotes is pro health, longevity and intelligence, this isn't conducive to the Gates foundations genocidal depopulation campaign, I was curious lately about the laws around genocide, do the elite circumvent prosecution for genocide by engaging in depopulation via the fertility route, slowly destroying and discouraging fertility is difficult to prosecute I would imagine, the medical establishment have mastered the art of being charlatans and slowly killing people, its difficult to prosecute unless its an obvious quick killing.

View: https://twitter.com/T3MaxxiAlt/status/1576987161898819584?cxt=HHwWgIClhf7dyuIrAAAA

Is Peat that big of a public figure that those parasites would worry about him, though? Doesn't he have a pretty small following and is too old and too humble and publicity-shy anyway to be some sort of threat or a figurehead for resistance?

Drareg

Is Peat that big of a public figure that those parasites would worry about him, though? Doesn't he have a pretty small following and is too old and too humble and publicity-shy anyway to be some sort of threat or a figurehead for resistance?
It's not necessarily about him as an individual, its what he points us toward, the bioenergetic principle, coherent resource acquisition at a cellular level, the ruling class stifle our resource acquisition outside our bodies right now, this effects us internally, if we correct ourselves internally our actions outwardly will be to stifle the ruling class, we will recognise their pathology and dysfunction.
They also attack us internally via the medical establishment, they don't have full control of this but we seen their ambition with vaccine mandates, they won't mandate anything that will increase intelligence or longevity that's for sure.