Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat, Day One: Full Interview from On the Back of a Tiger

Kray

So that makes him 78 or 79 in the 2014 video like the others above posted. Looks pretty good and impressively mentally aware for that age. I saw him in that 2005 video when he was in his late 60's and he looked young as heck.
Yes- sharp, and a head full of hair, too!

Ignoramus

So that makes him 78 or 79 in the 2014 video like the others above posted. Looks pretty good and impressively mentally aware for that age. I saw him last in that 2005 Nervous System Protect & Restore video when he was in his late 60's and he looked young as heck.

Yeah my forehead is more wrinkly at 26 than his is at 78 lol

Inaut

ray makes me smile :)

edit: Ray must have high dht. Look at his chest hair

Last edited:

lampofred

He's like Prometheus. Lone genius. Helping poor people from whom everything is hidden by the upper class.

gaze

I hope we get another in-person interview with ray in his life time.

gaze

My favorite quotes so far:

"I found that when I was feeling sort of gloomy and oppressed, I happened to take a vitamin b1 tablet and within 2 or 3 minutes the sense of gloom and depression and darkness lifted and I realized how important a simple single vitamin could be."

"Staying away from anything that doesn't seem to be immediately rewarding i think is a good starting point. there is the medical doctrine that cures are going to be difficult. "chemotherapy might kill you but it'll save you". And the idea that your always going to get worse before you get better. medicine is bitter and so on. I think people should be open to the idea that maybe the medicine is pleasant and that the reward is going to be instantaneous practically."

rei

This is the first video interview i see of ray, previously i have only heard him on audio or lecturing. And holy smokes it feels weird seeing him being so much like me. Fidgeting at the beginning, slowly loosening up, and being completely immersed at the end. You can best see this if you scroll the image preview in the youtube video timeline. Approaching one hour into it he has become clearly more animated, and 30 minutes later he is all over the place really immersed in the flow.

This can only lead me to speculate he has unresolved stress issues because that is what i attribute my tendencies to and why i react identically to performance situations.

Mito

The first question he is asked is when he was born; he said 1936. That makes him 84 or 85, depending on his birth month.
I knew he was born in October of 1936 but wasn’t sure when that interview was recoded. Turns out it was recorded in October of 2014.

gaze

This can only lead me to speculate he has unresolved stress issues because that is what i attribute my tendencies to and why i react identically to performance situations.
or he could just be slightly cautious given that it's only his 2nd or 3rd time he's ever been on camera being interviewed by complete strangers. "unresolved stress issues" is a major stretch.

rei

sorry if that statement triggered something in you, it's just what i have observed in myself being so similar to him. Someone not stressed would not be cautious in such a situation. I don't say it's bad, maybe being overly confident and not stressed in such a situation could be considered pathological? But it still is unresolved if you display it, even when it would be desirable to harbor inside.

gaze

sorry if that statement triggered something in you, it's just what i have observed in myself being so similar to him. Someone not stressed would not be cautious in such a situation. I don't say it's bad, maybe being overly confident and not stressed in such a situation could be considered pathological? But it still is unresolved if you display it, even when it would be desirable to harbor inside.
claiming someone else is "triggered" is the oldest trick in the book. hardly works in debates anymore fyi. your free to project your own experience on him, what I would add is that your experience is vastly different. he's a public figure, who deals with extremely sick (and often neurotic) people who i'm sure email him crazy and obsessive things, he probably is aware about the pharma industry potentially tracking him, it was already confirmed he was being tracked at blake college by the government. there's plenty of reason to be cautious in his position in my opinion. it doesn't mean he's stressed constantly, he's just smart about his decision making with high stakes on the line

boris

Not quite full head of hair, let's be honest, he's at least a NW3. But still not bad.
He lost that hair a long time ago though. His hairline is basically stable since he was a young man.
hsray.jpg

Tarmander

I have only watched the first day so far

Have to say that Peat's real strength on display is his ability to describe the process of life, its quality of openness, order, and resting energy.

Just love that about Peat and will always be thankful for him waking me up to some of the reductionism I was stuck in many years ago.

Comstock

Just love that about Peat and will always be thankful for him waking me up to some of the reductionism I was stuck in many years ago.
Seeing an intelligent and logical argument for sugar jolts you into realizing some truths are just dogma, and that most analysis is naively reductionist.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals