Dr. Peat’s Theory About Brands Of Milk

On a recent Patrick Timpone interview, Dr. Peat said that the brand of milk has to do with what the cow eats and has to do with if the milk causes constipation.

I’ve been using a brand of milk that always causes constipation. I have to use LF milk.

Do you think there is truth in what he is saying? Usually there is. That’s why I am asking :)

Tarmander

Did he give a reference or indicate why he was saying what he was saying?

L

Lord Cola

Some brands cause constipation, some brands cause loose stools.

Noodlz2

Different brands taste fairly different. I tried an Amish brand recently and it tasted more pleasant than any conventional milk or raw milk I've tried.

Despite being passed through a rumen, I wouldn't be surprised if enough of a cow's diet remained in milk to affect taste and nutrition.

I get different effects from different milks, yeah. I've tried some full-fat that was pretty okay -- others hit me badly. I also have gotten similar reactions with some low-fats vs. other low-fats. UHT seems to be fine from the brands I've had (like Fairlife). Any milk/protein shake/etc. with the lactase enzyme added tends to make it digest better for some I think, even if it may have carrageenan and/or gums in it.

lampofred

On a recent Patrick Timpone interview, Dr. Peat said that the brand of milk has to do with what the cow eats and has to do with if the milk causes constipation.

I’ve been using a brand of milk that always causes constipation. I have to use LF milk.

Do you think there is truth in what he is saying? Usually there is. That’s why I am asking :)

I thought he was referring to only raw milk since he has recommended ultrapasteurized milk before for people who might have been allergic to what the cow was eating?

L

Lord Cola

I thought he was referring to only raw milk since he has recommended ultrapasteurized milk before for people who might have been allergic to what the cow was eating?
Yeah this is what I remember.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals