Dr. Peat Right Again: Losartan And Covid-19 Evidence For Efficacy

ThinkPerceive

A good article on this, if it wasn't posted here already. This article appears to refer to some of the studies mentioned above:
Blood Pressure Meds Point the Way to Possible COVID-19 Treatment

I've been taking Losartan for some years. After originally prescribed various blood pressure meds I did a little research and found that some will indeed lower blood pressure - yet shorten life! Hydrochlorothiazide is one and yet it's often combined with other meds (smh). Also, for me, Amlodipine caused severe central sleep apnea (my brain wasn't telling my body to breathe while asleep - omg that was horrible). Losartan was one of the few that seems to have positive metabolic effects. Lol before I could get it reliably I bought like 500g (?) Losartan powder from China - it's been sitting in my freezer ever since.

RealNeat

A good article on this, if it wasn't posted here already. This article appears to refer to some of the studies mentioned above:
Blood Pressure Meds Point the Way to Possible COVID-19 Treatment

I've been taking Losartan for some years. After originally prescribed various blood pressure meds I did a little research and found that some will indeed lower blood pressure - yet shorten life! Hydrochlorothiazide is one and yet it's often combined with other meds (smh). Also, for me, Amlodipine caused severe central sleep apnea (my brain wasn't telling my body to breathe while asleep - omg that was horrible). Losartan was one of the few that seems to have positive metabolic effects. Lol before I could get it reliably I bought like 500g (?) Losartan powder from China - it's been sitting in my freezer ever since.

wish there was an easier way for others to attain it. Likely won't be listened to if admitted to hospital and request Losartan

jmojo

wish there was an easier way for others to attain it. Likely won't be listened to if admitted to hospital and request Losartan
You can order it from a few different online pharmacies. The only downside is that it will take about a month to get delivered.

golder

I’m trying to actually find some references of Peat talking about Losartan. I’m not sure why I can’t find any, even in the Email Exchange thread. It would be good to read his opinion on it and notional dosage ranges. Thanks to anyone that can assist!

Lollipop2

I’m trying to actually find some references of Peat talking about Losartan. I’m not sure why I can’t find any, even in the Email Exchange thread. It would be good to read his opinion on it and notional dosage ranges. Thanks to anyone that can assist!
He mentioned it in several interviews early in the scamdemic - March April 2020 - people wrote him and recommended it and people tried and it helped them greatly. Do a forum search for Losartan.

baron

The virus increases the inflammatory reaction by sticking to the defensive enzyme ACE2, and that enzyme combined with the virus, than acts to enter the cell by way of the Angiotensin II receptor type 1 which is called the AT1, that are two known receptors by which angiotensin can do damage, with stimulation of the larger population of AT-1 receptors within the local tissue eliciting further edema, leading to hypoxia witch upregulates the expression and function of AT1 receptor, with a whole range of destructive processes, nitric oxide production, pulmonary hypertension, acute lung injury and lung fibrosis.

Losartan is an AT1 antagonist with a selective, competitive function which decreases the end organ responses to Angiotensin II.

Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs, like Losartan), also known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists, or AT1 receptor antagonists, are a group of pharmaceuticals that bind to and inhibit the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1)
Don't arbs increase nitric oxide too by increasing AT2? Or is the increase of nitric oxdie related to the body compensating for AT1 by increasing AT2?