Dr. McDougall: Cure Type 2 Diabetes With Sugar & White Rice

Do you ever post anything but meaningless one time feeding studies? Eating 60ml of oil decreases vasodilation and increases triglycerides - wow what a revelation.

Lol. Some attitude.

Cirion

I believe sugar+white rice can cure a slim diabetic but if you are overweight with visceral fat then fasting (or even low carb) is much more effective since it effectively removes visceral fat and increases muscle mass.

Umm....

I am not a fan of fasting as you probably know, but this underlined statement is just downright wrong.

Let's tell all the bodybuilders they have been training wrong. They should all be fasting and gain muscle while losing fat =P

Pretty sure Haidut also posted a study that even on a calorie surplus, you can lose muscle mass on a low carb diet.

Now if what you meant to say is decrease body fat %, then yeah possibly, but that's different from increasing muscle mass.

Last edited:

paymanz

Sat fats also seems to suppress stress hormones better than unsaturated fats.so they lower ffa level.

RWilly

I recently did an experiment on myself, where I increased my fasting insulin by 58%, and my fasting blood sugar went right into diabetes range. I did this experiment for about 2 weeks, and had a professional lab test me 2 different times during that 2 week period. You will be surprised to know that the increase did not have anything to do with carbs or fats. The only thing I changed in my diet was taking a teaspoon of food grade diatomaceous earth each day with some water. I was able to get my blood sugar back to normal again once I stopped taking diatomaceous earth.

But it's interesting that this drastic impact on insulin and blood sugars had absolutely nothing to do with food. I don't know if it was due to silica being negatively charged, or because I may have disrupted biofilm with the hard microscopic surface area of diatomaceous earth, thus killing huge amounts of gram negative bacteria. It's also possible that I was chelating endotoxins from other places of the body. I know endotoxins have a negatively charged phosphate group, but I'm not a biochemist.

Last edited:
I recently did an experiment on myself, where I increased my fasting insulin by 58%, and my fasting blood sugar went right into diabetes range. I did this experiment for about 2 weeks, and had a professional lab test me 2 different times during that 2 week period. You will be surprised to know that the increase did not have anything to do with carbs or fats. The only thing I changed in my diet was taking a teaspoon of food grade diatomaceous earth each day with some water. I was able to get my blood sugar back to normal again once I stopped taking diatomaceous earth.

But it's interesting that this drastic impact on insulin and blood sugars had absolutely nothing to do with food. I don't know if it was due to silica being negatively charged, or because I may have disrupted biofilm with the hard microscopic surface area of diatomaceous earth, thus killing huge amounts of gram negative bacteria. It's also possible that I was chelating endotoxins from other places of the body. I know endotoxins have a negatively charged phosphate group, but I'm not a biochemist.

Wow, that is crazy to hear. I wonder if other people have reported this. There was a time I was not feeling well, and decided to drink a mix of activated charcoal, bentonite, and d.e., the next day I felt like I was hit by a truck and had bags under my eyes. All three are able to chelate nutrients. I usually responded well to them, but this time was really bad... I decided I must be deficient in some mineral at that point, and started focusing on re-mineralizing. I had been drinking distilled water only for about a year then, and not taking any mineral supplements.

Cirion

This is one reason why I made the recent decision to quit virtually all supplementation.

RWilly

Wow, that is crazy to hear. I wonder if other people have reported this. There was a time I was not feeling well, and decided to drink a mix of activated charcoal, bentonite, and d.e., the next day I felt like I was hit by a truck and had bags under my eyes. All three are able to chelate nutrients. I usually responded well to them, but this time was really bad... I decided I must be deficient in some mineral at that point, and started focusing on re-mineralizing. I had been drinking distilled water only for about a year then, and not taking any mineral supplements.

Interesting to hear your experience. I think potatoes are a great way to remineralize.

RWilly

This is one reason why I made the recent decision to quit virtually all supplementation.

I'm with ya. I always worry about synthetic nutrients and nutrients in isolation.

Denise Minger wrote an excellent article on low fat diets:
In Defense of Low Fat: A Call for Some Evolution of Thought (Part 1)

Thanks for sharing this. Her writing style gets old, but it was a good read and a lot of the studies I was not familiar with. It all matches up pretty well with what I have pieced together too. I am interested to see how my new low-fat diet pans out, it looks like the weight loss can be very dramatic, so I suppose if excess dietary fat is what has been holding back my health then I should be back to my ideal weight in just a matter of a month or 2, since I only need to lose about 10 pounds.

I found this study to be pretty inspiring:
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.cir.0000040584.91836.0d

Particularly since there were no restrictions put on calories.

Last edited:

Cirion

Thanks for sharing this. Her writing style gets old, but it was a good read and a lot of the studies I was not familiar with. It all matches up pretty well with what I have pieced together too. I am interested to see how my new low-fat diet pans out, it looks like the weight loss can be very dramatic, so I suppose if excess dietary fat is what has been holding back my health then I should be back to my ideal weight in just a matter of a month or 2, since I only need to lose about 10 pounds.

I dunno what to think anymore. There is so much to suggest that low fat is the answer on these forums but my own personal low fat experiment was a disaster. Weight loss maybe, health gains not so much. Not for me anyway trying a low fat diet. FWIW I didn't really lose weight either. Then again I'm an extreme case with a lot of health issues lately. I don't do well on just coconut oil as the fat though. I have been having more balanced fats lately and libido has (somewhat) improved, though it's still low IMO. My libido went to almost nothing when I brought fats down.

I dunno what to think anymore. There is so much to suggest that low fat is the answer on these forums but my own personal low fat experiment was a disaster. Weight loss maybe, health gains not so much. Not for me anyway trying a low fat diet. FWIW I didn't really lose weight either. Then again I'm an extreme case with a lot of health issues lately. I don't do well on just coconut oil as the fat though. I have been having more balanced fats lately and libido has (somewhat) improved, though it's still low IMO. My libido went to almost nothing when I brought fats down.

You have said before you have a lot of sleep problems, right? That makes everything a lot more difficult. Without good sleep nothing really helps, been there.

Cirion

You have said before you have a lot of sleep problems, right? That makes everything a lot more difficult. Without good sleep nothing really helps, been there.

Lol yeah tell me about it. I now track on chronometer religiously and also make notes like my waking temp. 2 weekends ago I actually managed 98.5F waking temp both Sat and Sun, this Sat and Sun I dropped to 98.3F, annoying, I thought I was finally making progress. I suspect though it's because I played with caffeine again (in the form of Mexican coke). Apparently I just can't handle metabolic stimulants. Not even lesser caffeine content things like coke or chocolate. I am hoping the combination of quitting supplements and incessant tracking on chronometer will help me finally get something that sticks. That's the other advantage of quitting supplements. Easier to see what dietary and lifestyle changes make a difference.

Cirion

I now think excessive stimulation of any kind is probably bad. One vice I need to kick is my TV/video game habit. Super addicting, because I get bored easily especially on weekends to find something to do, but socialization doesn't interest me so I end up staying home and watching Netflix. I read something the other day though and I think it's true - boredome is actually the key to health. Sounds weird, but being bored urges you to find things to do - unfortunately, for most of us, "things to do" is unproductive like Netflix or video games which aren't helpful to truly stimulating the mind in a healthy way.

I think I get addicted to Netflix and games though because of low dopamine. Low dopamine makes it easy to fall into addiction. But, addiction itself lowers dopamine ultimately, so its a vicious cycle.

Actually, I think just the fact of "getting bored" easily means you have low dopamine too. "Stress addiction" is a thing and I've had it most of my life. I have also been healthy once or twice and I found myself able to be interested in socializing and getting out of the house. I haven't felt the urge to socialize once in 6 months though. Maybe that will improve with spring/summer on the way and more sunlight.

The state of "being bored" though is actually a low stress state. Because a lot of people in first world countries are "addicted" to stress, don't know how to unplug etc... the state of low stress is foreign, confusing, and "boring". More accurately, I think it means low stress AND low dopamine. If that makes sense. Since as I say, someone with good androgens won't just sit around being bored, they'll go out and do stuff. But sit around in this low stress low dopamine state long enough, then dopamine can come up naturally in the case of a low stress environment since stress depletes dopamine at which point the drive to do stuff goes up.

Last edited:

RWilly

You're lucky you've hit the 98s. I'm still 96.5 to 97.5 max. I find it very hard to raise temps. I do however generally feel good. Weight loss is difficult.

Cirion

You're lucky you've hit the 98s. I'm still 96.5 to 97.5 max. I find it very hard to raise temps. I do however generally feel good. Weight loss is difficult.

Raising temps is easy in my experience. I agree that weight loss is however difficult. The #1 thing to bring up temperatures is just eat...a lot. Lots of protein, lots of carbs, lots of fats, use salt generously etc. I get 99+F sometimes 100F+ easy during the day. Am honestly losing faith that temps and pulses are the key to health as a result. According to RP and others I should be feeling great with my temps... but I don't. While I am trying to limit stimulants, a small amount of caffeine right in the morning can be helpful to get the metabolism humming at 99F ish pretty quickly after waking up,.

However, I WILL say that *waking* temperature and pulse is fairly indicative of health. If I wake up close to 98.6F I'll have a pretty good day.

What health issues are the most problematic?

Fatigue, non-restful sleep, no enthusiasm about stuff, massive weight gain, lack of motivation/drive in life, lack of libido (annoying to me, at one point I was actually killing it in the dating game. Relative to my normal self anyway. Now I have no "game". "Game" is entirely driven by hormones I've found.)

Last edited:
Raising temps is easy in my experience. I agree that weight loss is however difficult. The #1 thing to bring up temperatures is just eat...a lot. Lots of protein, lots of carbs, lots of fats, use salt generously etc. I get 99+F sometimes 100F+ easy during the day. Am honestly losing faith that temps and pulses are the key to health as a result. According to RP and others I should be feeling great with my temps... but I don't. While I am trying to limit stimulants, a small amount of caffeine right in the morning can be helpful to get the metabolism humming at 99F ish pretty quickly after waking up,.

However, I WILL say that *waking* temperature and pulse is fairly indicative of health. If I wake up close to 98.6F I'll have a pretty good day.

Fatigue, non-restful sleep, no enthusiasm about stuff, massive weight gain, lack of motivation/drive in life, lack of libido (annoying to me, at one point I was actually killing it in the dating game. Relative to my normal self anyway. Now I have no "game". "Game" is entirely driven by hormones I've found.)

Funny, the only times I wake up with a temp higher than 98 is when I have had poor sleep. When it is deep restful sleep I usually wake up around 97.6 +-.4

RWilly

Any Irish or Viking ancestry? Have you ever had a full iron panel done?

Interesting to hear your experience on increasing temps.

Cirion

Funny, the only times I wake up with a temp higher than 98 is when I have had poor sleep. When it is deep restful sleep I usually wake up around 97.6 +-.4

Deep sleep =/= restful sleep in my experience. deep sleep can just be "hibernation" or sleep induced by estrogen/serotonin/excess melatonin etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals