Dr. McDougall: Cure Type 2 Diabetes With Sugar & White Rice

tara

But it's interesting that this drastic impact on insulin and blood sugars had absolutely nothing to do with food. I don't know if it was due to silica being negatively charged, or because I may have disrupted biofilm with the hard microscopic surface area of diatomaceous earth, thus killing huge amounts of gram negative bacteria. It's also possible that I was chelating endotoxins from other places of the body. I know endotoxins have a negatively charged phosphate group, but I'm not a biochemist.
I don't know either, but that's interesting - it certainly gives reason for caution with unnecessary use of diatomaceous earth.

What I've read, and seems plausible to me till I come across a better explanation, is that DE is good at killing parasites because it's sharp edges literally cut them up, and that this effect is also directly mechanically damaging to the gut lining. If you damage the gut barrier, you'd presumably make it a lot easier for endotoxin to leak into the system.
If the main problem for the system is a heavy load of gut parasites, and there aren't effective metheods available that are gentler, this might be worth it. Otherwise, I'd be thinking twice.

DE is also used to kill external parasites, too, like fleas and wasps. It's obviously quite harsh.
I wouldn't want to be breathing in the dust, either.

tara

And yes, coconut oil is antibacterial, but killing bacteria still releases a lot of endotoxins, which get into the blood stream because coconut oil is a saturated fat. So for those people with high gram negative bacterial populations, this will result in endotexemia.
Seems like a good reason to have another tactic for reducing bacterial load before introducing too much SFA. But then the SFA might help keep it down.

sweetpeat

Fatigue, non-restful sleep, no enthusiasm about stuff, massive weight gain, lack of motivation/drive in life, lack of libido (annoying to me, at one point I was actually killing it in the dating game. Relative to my normal self anyway. Now I have no "game". "Game" is entirely driven by hormones I've found.)
These sound like typical hypothyroid symptoms. Have you done any testing in that regard?

nomoreketones

Very interesting thread. Some people have suggested low fat dairy in this thread but low fat dairy seems to really increase my appetite and calories.

What do you guys think about the following diet to deplete PUFAs and lose weight?
Basmati Rice, honey, potatoes, gelatin, OJ, apples, oranges, bananas, and lots of gelatin?

Seems to me that the lack of fat and cholesterol would kill libido though. My libido has died on a starch diet but I haven't tried starch + sugar + low fat yet.

Cirion

Very interesting thread. Some people have suggested low fat dairy in this thread but low fat dairy seems to really increase my appetite and calories.

What do you guys think about the following diet to deplete PUFAs and lose weight?
Basmati Rice, honey, potatoes, gelatin, OJ, apples, oranges, bananas, and lots of gelatin?

Seems to me that the lack of fat and cholesterol would kill libido though. My libido has died on a starch diet but I haven't tried starch + sugar + low fat yet.

I have since learned from personal data collection that low fat dairy (and any foods that increase overall fernstrom ratio) in the diet tend to result in stress to the body and thus water weight gain -> fat gain.

Your idea for diet is pretty much what I tried for a while, and it isn't the most horrible, but not the greatest either. And that's because I have since learned that some animal protein (Beef, mostly, because of low fernstrom ratio) seems pretty helpful, and that white rice has no nutritional value & also the more your diet leans towards sugar as the main carb source the better (Also determined through data collection). Although, as far as starch goes, white rice probably is the safest. When I started to over-do some of the other starches, like potatoes, I started to add stress / water weight / tank my body temperatures.

The reason why very low protein diets get their prestige is for two reasons. One is that with protein intake very low, usually you are pretty low in the problematic amino acids like tryptophan and methionine etc. However, here is something interesting to note. While vegan diets are low in protein, their Fernstrom ratios are high (typically). SO sometimes you get into "protein induced problems" even on a low protein diet. Your intake of gelatin would mitigate that to a degree though. The other benefit of a low protein diet that might be seen is the fact that too much protein can cause issues like excess ammonia buildup in the body. I have personally found that too much protein, even gelatin, can cause ammonia buildup. So IMO, from what I know and have learned now, I THINK the answer is protein in moderation, but don't cut it out entirely and don't go crazy with it either, and protein you do get, make sure it is low fernstrom ratio protein (Ideally roughly in the order of 0.03 or less). Putting numbers into perspective, potato has something like 0.07-0.08 on fernstrom ratio, so you can see why potatoes in excess can really hurt you.

Lol, that quote gave me quite a chuckle too. Quite epic, maybe even signature worthy =P

Last edited:

rei

Yeah, you should try a regimen of 48 hours fasting, 2 hours hard exercise and quality ad lib. refeeding for one day, then repeat. Most people never enter the territory of 800% growth hormone so they never know what gaining muscle means unless they take anabolics. Additionally this gives lean strong muscle as opposed to the puffy gym bro bags.

Last edited:

Whichway?

I now think excessive stimulation of any kind is probably bad. One vice I need to kick is my TV/video game habit. Super addicting, because I get bored easily especially on weekends to find something to do, but socialization doesn't interest me so I end up staying home and watching Netflix. I read something the other day though and I think it's true - boredome is actually the key to health. Sounds weird, but being bored urges you to find things to do - unfortunately, for most of us, "things to do" is unproductive like Netflix or video games which aren't helpful to truly stimulating the mind in a healthy way.

I think I get addicted to Netflix and games though because of low dopamine. Low dopamine makes it easy to fall into addiction. But, addiction itself lowers dopamine ultimately, so its a vicious cycle.

Actually, I think just the fact of "getting bored" easily means you have low dopamine too. "Stress addiction" is a thing and I've had it most of my life. I have also been healthy once or twice and I found myself able to be interested in socializing and getting out of the house. I haven't felt the urge to socialize once in 6 months though. Maybe that will improve with spring/summer on the way and more sunlight.

The state of "being bored" though is actually a low stress state. Because a lot of people in first world countries are "addicted" to stress, don't know how to unplug etc... the state of low stress is foreign, confusing, and "boring". More accurately, I think it means low stress AND low dopamine. If that makes sense. Since as I say, someone with good androgens won't just sit around being bored, they'll go out and do stuff. But sit around in this low stress low dopamine state long enough, then dopamine can come up naturally in the case of a low stress environment since stress depletes dopamine at which point the drive to do stuff goes up.

I think you are probably right about trying to kick the TV/video gaming habit. I’ve always thought of it as similar to masturbation, and you know what a bad rap that activity has on this forum. When you look at all these games you are sitting in a chair but you are getting a HUGE mental stimulation which requires lots of neurotransmitter activity. That’s fine, but in real life those neurotransmitters would normally go hand in hand with some sort of movement and muscular activity, which helps to burn off and metabolise all the neurotransmitters and hormones. For example all the 3rd party shooter games, imagine strapping on all that gear and running around an urban environment being shot at and shooting others. Your whole senses would be involved, but you would also be physically exhausted after a time. With games you get the mental hit of that, but none of the physical part of it.

This is the first time in history that the mental and physical states have been de-coupled in that way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals