Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Dr John McDougall- Pro Starch, Anti-meat/dairy, Swears It's Anti-cancer

Discussion in 'Discussing Dietary Models' started by Nikki, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

If this post is offensive to any Peatarians, please forgive. I just wonder if anyone has checked this guy's data:

2. KennethKaniff

KennethKaniff Member

I'm sure his diet is vastly preferable to the Standard American Diet

3. OP
    Nikki

Nikki Member

Starch and fiber promotion aside. I really like what he reveals about crooked cardiology here:

4. KennethKaniff

KennethKaniff Member

I know this is ad hominen, but while McDougall looks pretty good for 71 I think Ray looks even better. Sugar vs starch I guess.

5. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Just try out the diet if you're curious and track energy, mood, temps etc.... It certainly is better than the SAD as someone else has stated, but as I have found, starch just cannot provide the necessary energy for optimal functioning. Important component of a diet? I believe so, but the way the starch solution is touted in my experience leads to sub-optimal functioning.

Most populations have had starch based diets due to poverty and not choice, and given a choice, most humans prefer to include meat and dairy in the diet.

6. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I like him in that he advocates high carb low fat to fix type 2 diabetes. I think he is mistaken on most things but this is one where he is right. And it takes courage to advocate this

7. Cirion

Cirion Member

Part of it boils down to quality of foods. Most meat and dairy today is both from CAFO operations (grain fed, antiobiotic/hormone filled, pasteurized/homogenized milk, etc...) and in this context, I would agree that meat and dairy are both bad actually. My experience from trying to eat CAFO meat / dairy is not good, and neither agree with me. Unfortunately, 90-95% of meat/dairy is CAFO, and that's how both get a bad name. Also, most people have forgotten about eating organ meat, which is VERY nutritious compared to the muscle meats (muscle meats really don't provide much for you except protein and maybe a few trace nutrients)

I also think CAFO meat/dairy is probably cancer promoting.

What we should really be doing is fighting against the bad quality of food we see today rather than demonizing a specific food/food group. I realize this more and more every day. I now believe even PUFA is not that bad as long as it comes from fully natural food sources, but I do still try to avoid it personally. Just look up "food babe" - she looks fantastic for a woman in her 40s and she does not avoid PUFAs, she just avoids foods that are not natural/organic with no additives.