Dr. Hans Nieper, Has No One Heard About His Works?

TreasureVibe

Hi all. As the title suggests, the question that rises to me, is, has no one heard of Dr. Nieper? He is the guy who invented orotate supplements. But he did much more than that. He also has invented 2-AEP supplements which can fix cell membranes and treat Parkinson's disease. He also had supplements like magnesium and potassium 2-AEP that could treat heart failure and hypertension.

You can read parts of his book for free on Google Books online. Instead of publishing more into scientific journals, he preferred to treat patients, that is why he is relatively unknown.

Also I wonder if Dr. Peat ever heard of him and what he thinks of his inventions.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Ray would certainly know of Nieper, as his protocols were well known among the alternative medicine world back in the days.

One thing we do know is Nieper died young at 70.

Nieper's belief that cancer is rarer among sharks than other fish, and upon his theory that the lower blood-sodium level of sharks may be the reason. "Nieper Therapy" places among its primary goals the reduction of that sodium in cancer patients.[14][15]

Gerson therapy also focused on the reduction of sodium and increase in potassium.

Ray however, encourages more sodium in the diet or rather a balancing of sodium and potassium.

Ray has spoken with great respect for Gerson and would be invaluable to know Ray's thoughts on the sodium issue. Were these German Docs wrong about sodium?

J

jb116

Ray would certainly know of Nieper, as his protocols were well known among the alternative medicine world back in the days.

One thing we do know is Nieper died young at 70.

Nieper's belief that cancer is rarer among sharks than other fish, and upon his theory that the lower blood-sodium level of sharks may be the reason. "Nieper Therapy" places among its primary goals the reduction of that sodium in cancer patients.[14][15]

Gerson therapy also focused on the reduction of sodium and increase in potassium.

Ray however, encourages more sodium in the diet or rather a balancing of sodium and potassium.

Ray has spoken with great respect for Gerson and would be invaluable to know Ray's thoughts on the sodium issue. Were these German Docs wrong about sodium?
I think, with respect, that Ray doesn't necessarily encourage "more sodium" because the question is more than what? What we do hear him reinforce is sufficient sodium or as he says often "to taste." I interpret that very differently than somebody saying "lots of sodium." There may not be such a stark difference between what Ray says and these therapies. Or may be there is but it isn't vast.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I interpret that very differently than somebody saying "lots of sodium." There may not be such a stark difference between what Ray says and these therapies.

The way I read Ray, it does come across very different as Ray provides many examples of the beneficial properties of sodium. For example, the Brewer's Salt Diet in pre-eclampsia. NaCl at 20g/day stopped hypertension during pregnancy.

The Institute of Medicine has set the adequate intake of sodium at 1.5 grams per day during pregnancy, which is the same for non-pregnant adults. This equates to 3.8 grams of table salt per day, as table salt is about 40 percent sodium. The tolerable upper intake limit of sodium is 2.3 grams per day, or 5.8 grams of salt.

Brewer's work shows the need for salt during pregnancy is increased and its inadequacy results in devastating outcomes for baby and mother.

Pregnancy and cancer could be viewed as being analogous in that both are to do with rapid cell multiplication. The growing fetus is tolerated in the same manner, the immune system is blinded to tumor cells.

Perhaps, the restriction of sodium is fatal to tumor cells in the same manner low/inadequate sodium is deleterious for pregnancy.

Many advocate the supplementation of magnesium, yet Ray is the only one that states sodium can exchange for magnesium in terms of maintaining alkalinity. I'm sure he said that sodium can spare magnesium. Even though he states to salt to taste, he still tends to favour sodium more than the other alkaline minerals except for calcium. All you ever hear is that everyone is deficient in magnesium and calcium is dangerous and we need to supplement magnesium to prevent calcification. However, Ray favours sodium over magnesium and advocates a water extract of magnesium from boiled greens.

Hyponatremia is a complication in cancer patients and results in negative outcomes which is why I have difficulty in understanding why sodium reduction is the focus on treating cancer.

Diagnosis and Management of Hyponatremia in Cancer Patients

burtlancast

Nieper is very much in the actuality nowadays because the molecule he patented in the fifties, the calcium salt of phosphoethanolamine, is used massively as an alternative cancer therapy in Brazil, and has caused a huge medical monopoly controverse in this country for the past 10 years.

Here's what the Stanciu foundation has to say about it.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Hyponatremia is a complication in cancerous cel patients and results in negative outcomes which is why I have difficulty in understanding why sodium reduction is the focus on treating cancer.

Diagnosis and Management of Hyponatremia in Cancer Patients

The question your article fails to address is why do cancer cells systematically accumulate sodium and lose potassium, and why is it proven that the more sodium in a cancer cell, the more aggressive the cancer becomes.

Dave Clark

Does anyone here use Ca-AEP supplements in their regimen? I did a few years ago, it looked 'good on paper', didn't feel any different, but stopped using it because I read some negative viewpoints on the ethanolamine. Just wondering if anyone feels this is a good supplement to use here in the Peat world. The cell respiration thing confused me, good for cancer patients, but not healthy people....is that the take away?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Nieper is very much in the actuality nowadays because the molecule he patented in the fifties, the calcium salt of phosphoethanolamine, is used massively as an alternative cancer therapy in Brazil, and has caused a huge medical monopoly controverse in this country for the past 10 years.

Here's what the Stanciu foundation has to say about it.
Wow, very interesting! I wonder how exactly it kills cancer cells.

Amazoniac

The question your article fails to address is why do cancer cells systematically accumulate sodium and lose potassium, and why is it proven that the more sodium in a cancer cell, the more aggressive the cancer becomes.
Alberto in Living in the States:
- The ionic concentrations of our blood still... | Ray Peat Forum
- Life originated in the ocean. Water is its... | Ray Peat Forum
- The dividing cell, in order to achieve a... | Ray Peat Forum
- The faster the cell divides the more... | Ray Peat Forum

Electrolyte Fluid Balance
(already shared elsewhere)
images

If the body is having trouble maintaining or restoring balance, it's best to provide an abundance of what the cell needs to revert to normal. Out of curiosity und if I'm not wrong, our german shaman gave patients more than 20 g of phosphate as potassium phosphate a day.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

images

If the body is having trouble maintaining or restoring balance, it's best to provide an abundance of what the cell needs to revert to normal. Out of curiosity und if I'm not wrong, our german shaman gave patients more than 20 g of phosphate as potassium phosphate a day.
There is also this:

I didn't find any English writings about this therefore maybe it is not very well known and I think it may be of interest.

A brief History:

Potassium ascorbate is connected to the studies and researches of a biochemist from Florence (Italy) named Gianfrancesco Valsé Pantellini, his history started when in 1948 a friend of him achieved totally unexpected and absolutely extraordinary results about a terminal stomach cancer just drinking daily lemonade with baking soda.

It actually turned out that he was mistakenly using potassium bicarbonate instead of baking soda.

For about 20 years Doc. Pantellini studied the case until in 1970 and 1974 released two publications about it on the Rivista di Patologia Medica.

How it works:

The oxidatives processes caused by free radicals are responsible for the development of cancers.

It seems that the oxidative stress damages the cellular membrane structure, especially so the ATP-asi sodium-potassium (known as Na/K).

This leads to a depolarization (initially weak) and an increasing disruption in the transport mechanism of those two electrolytes which posses very different functions but very important indeed for the correct cellular functions (potassium is the main intracellular metabolic processes regulator by reversible salification of the amine and imini enzymes and proteins groups in slightly acid environment, sodium is the main alkali reserve regulator at extracellular level by reversible salification of carbolic enzymes and proteins groups in slightly acid environment).

That leads to an increasing change in the acid-base environment and of the oxide-reductions reactions between cytoplasmic molecules.

This may be the starting mechanism of the cellular cancer mutation.

Studies in the '30 by Moraveck and Kishi about the Rous sarcoma showed the cancerous cell to lack potassium and to be rich in sodium, the unbalance deepens as the cellular degeneration grows.

The described mechanism seems to be shared by all cancers as shown by analysis of the 4 blood electrolytes (sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium).

This mechanism appear to be very dangerous for the cell because:

- starts a fast migration of calcium in the mitochondria which may be responsible for the mitogenic push.

- allows for a substantial glucose transport in the cytoplasm at a speed that increases as the sodium-potassium pump unbalance deepens (the only active control on the two electrolytes).

Those processes lead to a cellular respiration disruption with reduction of oxidative phosphorylation and substantial increase of glycolisis.

Lactic acid production is increased too because of pyruvate reduction.

On top of that pyruvate works as an inhibitor in the starting of mitosis phase S, the constant decrease in pyruvate in the cytoplasm because of lactic acid conversion removes that inhibitory mechanism leading to an out of control cell proliferation.

The cellular PH changes to a slightly alkaline, cellular respiration changes too with a substantial change in the Krebs cycle.

All this changes lead to change in shape and method of action of protein and cytoplasm enzymes with an RNA polymerization and an incorrect transfer of information between periphery and DNA.

This lead to the DNA mutation and cancer development.

The hypothesis is that the degeneration is not due by a direct DNA damage but by a cytoplasm issue: a damage at peripheral level (the cellular membrane).

If this holds true it means that DNA can be strongly influenced by the cellular environment and by cell to cell signals.

On field experience and research by Doc. Pantellini shows that potassium ascorbate (especially in the new formulation with ribose) interferes with the above mechanisms protecting the cell from oxidative stress and stopping the uncontrolled proliferation.

This because of the ascorbic acid carrier proprieties for potassium (and with the ribose catalytic action) as a result of the heterocyclic structure and anti oxidant action.

The action is due to the potassium proprieties (leading cation and intracellular metabolic regulator) and the ascorbic acid carrier role (a role similar to the sodium-potassium pump in the specific case).

Introducing potassium in cancerous cell may cause the corresponding exit of sodium (therefore of glucose) from the intracellular environment.

The result may be:

- a new change in the local PH

- a fast decrease in nutrient reserve leading to a glycolisis reduction and reintroduction of mitosis inhibition

Potassium ascorbate may be a valid prevention tool because of its action of maintaining constant intracellular potassium levels because it will stop any sodium intrusion from the extracellular environment which seems to cause the cell changes into cancer.

Lately the formulation has been added of ribose whose catalytic action speeds up the process at which potassium is transferred to the cells.

I apologize for any incorrect technical term translation but I tried my best and I am confident whom is willing to understand should be able to do so.

The original paper (in Italian):

Home - Fondazione Valsè Pantellini

The protocol:

Potassium ascorbate has to be made each time mixing 150mg of ascorbic acid and 300mg of potassium bicarbonate in 20cc of water, let fizz (about 1 minute) and drink.

Ribose can be added in the amount of 3mg.

Don't use metallic spoons or containers.

Can't be prepared in advance (not even mixing just the powders) because it will oxidise (it turns yellow).

As prevention once a day in the morning 15 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach.

As a therapy (if cancer is developing) 3 times a day, in the morning 15 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach and 45 minutes before lunch and dinner.

Not to be taken the same day of chemotherapy.

It costs close to nothing, it can't do any arm, it may save your life (or at least give you a bit more of peace of mind).

The English version of the study as per the original website:

Great job, aconita! (OP)

Source: https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/83314-potassium-ascorbate-and-cancer/

Also made a separate topic for this here:

Potassium Ascorbate With Ribose For Cancer (With Cell Level Explanation Inside) Possible Treatment

Last edited:

Amazoniac

There is also this:

I didn't find any English writings about this therefore maybe it is not very well known and I think it may be of interest.

A brief History:

Potassium ascorbate is connected to the studies and researches of a biochemist from Florence (Italy) named Gianfrancesco Valsé Pantellini, his history started when in 1948 a friend of him achieved totally unexpected and absolutely extraordinary results about a terminal stomach cancer just drinking daily lemonade with baking soda.

It actually turned out that he was mistakenly using potassium bicarbonate instead of baking soda.

For about 20 years Doc. Pantellini studied the case until in 1970 and 1974 released two publications about it on the Rivista di Patologia Medica.

How it works:

The oxidatives processes caused by free radicals are responsible for the development of cancers.

It seems that the oxidative stress damages the cellular membrane structure, especially so the ATP-asi sodium-potassium (known as Na/K).

This leads to a depolarization (initially weak) and an increasing disruption in the transport mechanism of those two electrolytes which posses very different functions but very important indeed for the correct cellular functions (potassium is the main intracellular metabolic processes regulator by reversible salification of the amine and imini enzymes and proteins groups in slightly acid environment, sodium is the main alkali reserve regulator at extracellular level by reversible salification of carbolic enzymes and proteins groups in slightly acid environment).

That leads to an increasing change in the acid-base environment and of the oxide-reductions reactions between cytoplasmic molecules.

This may be the starting mechanism of the cellular cancer mutation.

Studies in the '30 by Moraveck and Kishi about the Rous sarcoma showed the cancerous cell to lack potassium and to be rich in sodium, the unbalance deepens as the cellular degeneration grows.

The described mechanism seems to be shared by all cancers as shown by analysis of the 4 blood electrolytes (sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium).

This mechanism appear to be very dangerous for the cell because:

- starts a fast migration of calcium in the mitochondria which may be responsible for the mitogenic push.

- allows for a substantial glucose transport in the cytoplasm at a speed that increases as the sodium-potassium pump unbalance deepens (the only active control on the two electrolytes).

Those processes lead to a cellular respiration disruption with reduction of oxidative phosphorylation and substantial increase of glycolisis.

Lactic acid production is increased too because of pyruvate reduction.

On top of that pyruvate works as an inhibitor in the starting of mitosis phase S, the constant decrease in pyruvate in the cytoplasm because of lactic acid conversion removes that inhibitory mechanism leading to an out of control cell proliferation.

The cellular PH changes to a slightly alkaline, cellular respiration changes too with a substantial change in the Krebs cycle.

All this changes lead to change in shape and method of action of protein and cytoplasm enzymes with an RNA polymerization and an incorrect transfer of information between periphery and DNA.

This lead to the DNA mutation and cancer development.

The hypothesis is that the degeneration is not due by a direct DNA damage but by a cytoplasm issue: a damage at peripheral level (the cellular membrane).

If this holds true it means that DNA can be strongly influenced by the cellular environment and by cell to cell signals.

On field experience and research by Doc. Pantellini shows that potassium ascorbate (especially in the new formulation with ribose) interferes with the above mechanisms protecting the cell from oxidative stress and stopping the uncontrolled proliferation.

This because of the ascorbic acid carrier proprieties for potassium (and with the ribose catalytic action) as a result of the heterocyclic structure and anti oxidant action.

The action is due to the potassium proprieties (leading cation and intracellular metabolic regulator) and the ascorbic acid carrier role (a role similar to the sodium-potassium pump in the specific case).

Introducing potassium in cancerous cell may cause the corresponding exit of sodium (therefore of glucose) from the intracellular environment.

The result may be:

- a new change in the local PH

- a fast decrease in nutrient reserve leading to a glycolisis reduction and reintroduction of mitosis inhibition

Potassium ascorbate may be a valid prevention tool because of its action of maintaining constant intracellular potassium levels because it will stop any sodium intrusion from the extracellular environment which seems to cause the cell changes into cancer.

Lately the formulation has been added of ribose whose catalytic action speeds up the process at which potassium is transferred to the cells.

I apologize for any incorrect technical term translation but I tried my best and I am confident whom is willing to understand should be able to do so.

The original paper (in Italian):

The protocol:

Potassium ascorbate has to be made each time mixing 150mg of ascorbic acid and 300mg of potassium bicarbonate in 20cc of water, let fizz (about 1 minute) and drink.

Ribose can be added in the amount of 3mg.

Don't use metallic spoons or containers.

Can't be prepared in advance (not even mixing just the powders) because it will oxidise (it turns yellow).

As prevention once a day in the morning 15 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach.

As a therapy (if cancer is developing) 3 times a day, in the morning 15 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach and 45 minutes before lunch and dinner.

Not to be taken the same day of chemotherapy.

It costs close to nothing, it can't do any arm, it may save your life (or at least give you a bit more of peace of mind).

The English version of the study as per the original website:

Great job, aconita! (OP)

Source: https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/83314-potassium-ascorbate-and-cancer/

Also made a separate topic for this here:

Potassium Ascorbate For Cancer (With Cell Level Explanation Inside)
Guru, I'm assuming that it's 300 of potash as bicarbonate of potash. Less than a gram for therapeutic purposes? 450 mg of vit C will only serve to correct a deficiency. I doubt this alone makes much difference in cancer, unless their combination does something unique that I'm not aware. I realized there are publications such as this, but they are focused on tumor destruction as priority.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Guru, I'm assuming that it's 300 of potash as bicarbonate of potash. Less than a gram for therapeutic purposes? 450 mg of vit C will only serve to correct a deficiency. I doubt this alone makes much difference in cancer, unless their combination does something unique that I'm not aware. I realized there are publications such as this, but they are focused on tumor destruction as priority.
Potassium ascorbate is a salt derived from vitamin C that is totally non-toxic and free from side effects.

The compound can be extemporaneously (i.e. without any preparation) obtained by dissolving ascorbic acid (150 mg) and potassium bicarbonate (300 mg of which 117 mg potassium) in water. It has a pH level that tends to neutralize in less than a minute. The two components have to be dissolved in 20 cc water (about two fingers high) without using a metallic spoon (because of the potential risk of oxidation of the ascorbic acid).

Potassium ascorbate is related to the studies and research of the Florentine biochemist Dr. Gianfrancesco Valsè Pantellini and its ‘story’ starts in 1948 when a goldsmith and friend of Dr. Pantellini, affected with inoperable stomach cancer, experiences unexpectedly and absolutely extraordinary results after taking lemon juice in which he accidentally dissolved potassium bicarbonate instead of sodium bicarbonate. Pantellini studied and analyzed this subject for about twenty years, leading to two specific publications in 1970 and 1974 in the Journal of Medical Pathology.

Oxidative processes linked to the presence of free radicals are involved in the impetus and development of cancer. Free radicals (substances with a high chemical reactivity) are the main reason for the mechanism of oxidative stress. Living organisms tend to maintain a constant level of the concentration of these oxidizing agents to ensure normal biological processes.

Based on the studies of Dr. Pantellini, we are convinced that oxidative stress damages cell membrane structures, in particular the sodium-potassium ATPase (also known as the Na/K pump). This causes (an initially mild) depolarization and an increasingly greater alteration of the active transport mechanism of these two electrolytes, that have very different but fundamental functions in the cellular organization; potassium is the main regulator of intracellular metabolic processes through reversible salification of amino groups and imino of enzymes and proteins in a slightly acid environment; the other, sodium, is the main regulator of the alkaline reserve of the organism at extracellular level, with reversible salification of carboxylic groups of enzymes and proteins in a more or less basic environment.

In this way we obtain an increasingly bigger modification of the acid-based environment and redox-reactions between cytoplasmic molecules.

We are convinced that this fact constitutes the activating mechanism (trigger) for mutation into a cancerogene cell. In fact, research relating to the sarcoma (malignant tumor) of Rous that was already published in the 30′s (Moraveck and Kishi) proved that the neoplastic cell is lacking potassium and rich of sodium, with an increasingly greater imbalance along with the development of cell degeneration.

This seems to be the common denominator in all neoplastic diseases and is also verifiable through a careful evaluation of the four hematic electrolytes (sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium) in the blood.

The described mechanism turns out to be very dangerous for the cell when:

• it activates a rapid transfer of calcium from intracellular deposits (mitochondria), that could be responsible for mitogenic activation (i.e. cell duplication);

• it allows a considerable transport of glucose into the cytoplasm (together with sodium, SGLUT symport) with a speed that increases along with the increasingly greater alteration of the sodium/potassium pump (which is the only active control element of the two electrolytes).

These processes lead to a modification in cell respiration, with a decrease of oxidative phosphorylation and a substantial increase of glycolysis. The production of lactic acids, formed by pyruvate reduction, is also increased. Moreover, this pyruvate reduction prevents the start of the S-phase of the mitosis and its steady decrease in the cytoplasm (for the conversion into lactic acid) takes this block on mitosis away, pushing the cell towards uncontrolled proliferation.

So we have a modification of the intracellular pH that tends to become lightly alkaline, and a modification of the cellular respiration with a significant alteration of the Krebs cycle.

These facts together tend to result in an alteration in form and action of proteins and cytoplasmic enzymes, leading to a polymerization of RNA and a transfer of incorrect information between the ‘periphery’ and the ‘operative center’ (DNA). This leads to the mutation of the nuclear DNA and carcinogenesis.

In conclusion, the following hypothesis on which we are working now is that degeneration does not arise from a direct damage in the nuclear DNA, but from a problem in the cytoplasm, which means the damage occurs at the peripherical level (cell membrane). This would actually mean that operation of DNA can be strongly influenced by various components of the same cellular environment as well as by cell-to-cell signals.

From experience and data of Dr. Pantellini first and those of the Foundation now it seems that potassium ascorbate, also and especially in its newest formula with ribose, interferes with this process in a major way; it protects the cell against oxidative stress and inhibits the uncontrolled proliferation mechanism.

These facts can be related to the transporting (‘carrier’) characteristics of ascorbic acid for potassium (and with the catalytic activity of ribose in the ‘new’ formula) as a result from its heterocyclic structure, together with its antioxidant action.

The compound’s action is related to the characteristics of potassium as ‘guiding’ cation and metabolic regulator at intracellular level and to the ‘carrier’ action of vitamin C, which in this specific case performs a similar function to that of the sodium/potassium pump.

The release of potassium inside a cancerous cell can provoke a corresponding runoff of sodium (hence glucose) in the intracellular environment. In this way we can obtain:

• a new modification of the local, intracellular pH;

• a rapid decrease of nutritional reserves reducing glycolysis and re-establishing the potential block on mitosis. Thus, it seems possible to inhibit the uncontrolled proliferation process.

Furthermore, potassium ascorbate can effectively serve on the level of prevention, maintaining constant intracellular potassium levels. In fact, as previously explained, the imbalance of these intracellular levels with the ‘intrusion’ of sodium from extracellular areas would be responsible for (or at least highly involved in) the chain of events that could lead to transformation of a cell into a neoplastic cell. Preventive intake of potassium ascorbate therefore has the objective to protect the cell from the risk of degeneration.

In recent years, the formula has been enriched with ribose which performs a catalytic activity, increasing the speed of the process by which potassium is transferred into cells. For further information, please go to the corresponding section on this website.

Preventive intake of the compound by adults generally consists of taking one dose per day, preferably in the morning on empty stomach 15 minutes before breakfast (unless otherwise indicated based on the evaluation of blood test/parameters).

In the presence of an oncologic disease it is generally recommended to take 3 daily doses (in the morning on empty stomach, 15 minutes before breakfast; and 45 minutes before lunch and dinner).

It is always advisable to have an assessment made by a competent person in order to be able to suggest the most appropriate dose for each situation.

Dr. Guido Paoli
Scientific director
(responsible for scientific research at the Pantellini Foundation)

From: Potassium Ascorbate || Information - Fondazione Valsè Pantellini

And:

Cancer is not a disease. Not in the sense that has been given to this word. Nobel Prize winner Rita Levi-Montalcini already said this more than 50 years ago in a letter she wrote to her sister.

A TRANSLATED PART OF THE TEXT FROM THE LETTER TO HER SISTER:
‘First of all, cancer cannot be defined as a disease. At least not in the sense that is generally given to the term ‘disease’, which is a pathological process (either fast or slow, reversible or irreversible) of an organism, and does not take into account the causes. (…) Cancer is the revolt of a cell (which generates millions of them while multiplying) towards rules that regulate the development and vitality of the organism.’

(Ref: Levi-Montalcini R., ‘Letter from St. Louis’, 10 March 1951, reported/quoted in ‘Cantico di una vita’, Raffaello Cortina Ed., Milan, 2000.)

At the Pantellini Foundation we agree with Rita Levi-Montalcini and her letter. While developing this concept from our point of view, we believe that cancer is a defect in cell communication through which DNA receives and consequently evaluates and processes information. This defect leads the DNA to create modifications in some basic sequences that constitute the rungs of the spiral staircase, i.e. its double helix structure.

This would of course mean that the DNA is capable of interacting with the cytoplasmic environment and herewith surpasses, or better, breaks with what is considered the ‘central dogma of molecular biology’ that was introduced more than 30 years ago by Nobel Prize winner Francis Crick. According to his research, DNA works essentially one-way towards the synthesis of proteins and cannot receive any kind of instruction or information. We are deeply convinced however that in reality things are very different (see: Paoli G., La via del sale, Scienza e Conoscenza n. 21 (The way of salt, Science and Knowledge, n. 21), July 2007, reported at this website under the section ‘Learn more – Publications’).

In order to understand what cancer really is, we will probably have to reconsider and re-examine the evolution of life on our planet in depth, because we believe that somehow it has always been part of us. It is such a vast and complex matter that this page on our website is surely not enough to clarify the subject in the way we would like. We will probably be able to issue another publication soon that justifies our reflections on this matter.

This is obviously one of our interpretations that we would like to present being open to discussion and constructive criticism. We do not claim in any way, shape or form to hold the truth, simply because up to now no one holds the truth; everyone can contribute with his or her research, but should always be aware of the fact that what he or she believes to be the truth, could always be superseded by new data, new measures and new interpretations. As Mark Twain already said:

‘The trouble with the world is not that people know too little; it’s that they know so many things that just aren’t so’.

Link with all or most scientific studies and sources on it: Studies || Publications - Fondazione Valsè Pantellini

The research on its anti-cancer potential goes back to 1948.
I don't know about exact dosages, that is something the Pantellini Foundation will be able to provide though.

Here is a separate topic I made for it with all of this information:

Potassium Ascorbate With Ribose For Cancer (With Cell Level Explanation Inside) Possible Treatment

Also interesting:

"After the disastrous accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in 1986, he offered his help to the people of the ex-Soviet Union that were directly affected by nuclear radiation, creating appropriate outlines (schemes) based on Potassium ascorbate intake. In honor of these efforts, he was awarded a Red Star Medal by the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow. The award certificate of honors mentions ‘outstanding achievements in science aimed at the population of de Soviet Union’ (this was in fact in 1987-1988, the period in which Gorbachev was the President of the USSR)."

Source: Gianfrancesco Valsè Pantellini || Informazioni - Fondazione Valsè Pantellini

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Based on the studies of Dr. Pantellini, we are convinced that oxidative stress damages cell membrane structures, in particular the sodium-potassium ATPase (also known as the Na/K pump). This causes (an initially mild) depolarization and an increasingly greater alteration of the active transport mechanism of these two electrolytes, that have very different but fundamental functions in the cellular organization; potassium is the main regulator of intracellular metabolic processes through reversible salification of amino groups and imino of enzymes and proteins in a slightly acid environment; the other, sodium, is the main regulator of the alkaline reserve of the organism at extracellular level, with reversible salification of carboxylic groups of enzymes and proteins in a more or less basic environment.

In this way we obtain an increasingly bigger modification of the acid-based environment and redox-reactions between cytoplasmic molecules.

We are convinced that this fact constitutes the activating mechanism (trigger) for mutation into a cancerogene cell. In fact, research relating to the sarcoma (malignant tumor) of Rous that was already published in the 30′s (Moraveck and Kishi) proved that the neoplastic cell is lacking potassium and rich of sodium, with an increasingly greater imbalance along with the development of cell degeneration.

This seems to be the common denominator in all neoplastic diseases and is also verifiable through a careful evaluation of the four hematic electrolytes (sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium) in the blood.

The described mechanism turns out to be very dangerous for the cell when:

• it activates a rapid transfer of calcium from intracellular deposits (mitochondria), that could be responsible for mitogenic activation (i.e. cell duplication);

• it allows a considerable transport of glucose into the cytoplasm (together with sodium, SGLUT symport) with a speed that increases along with the increasingly greater alteration of the sodium/potassium pump (which is the only active control element of the two electrolytes).

These processes lead to a modification in cell respiration, with a decrease of oxidative phosphorylation and a substantial increase of glycolysis. The production of lactic acids, formed by pyruvate reduction, is also increased. Moreover, this pyruvate reduction prevents the start of the S-phase of the mitosis and its steady decrease in the cytoplasm (for the conversion into lactic acid) takes this block on mitosis away, pushing the cell towards uncontrolled proliferation.

-

Furthermore, potassium ascorbate can effectively serve on the level of prevention, maintaining constant intracellular potassium levels. In fact, as previously explained, the imbalance of these intracellular levels with the ‘intrusion’ of sodium from extracellular areas would be responsible for (or at least highly involved in) the chain of events that could lead to transformation of a cell into a neoplastic cell. Preventive intake of potassium ascorbate therefore has the objective to protect the cell from the risk of degeneration.

Also would like to call this to the attention of @Travis

Last edited:

Amazoniac

images

"Rickets is often cited as proof of the need for vitamin D supplementation. However, a review of the metabolic processes involved provides some prospective. Adequate vitamin D is essential to prevent rickets, but adequate calcium is equally important; if either calcium or vitamin D is deficient, bone health suffers. Hypophosphatemia is the common denominator of all rickets; low calcium intake leads to hyperparathyroidism, which leads to high phosphorus excretion and, thus, phosphorus deficiency [44]."
--
It's interesting to note that his therapy objected vitamin D supplements, he tried without good results. So everything was achieved with plenty of dietary vitamin A (as non-Dio), and no vitamin D at all.

That made me wonder about the cholesterol source.
Serum cholesterol levels in patients with cancer. Relationship with nutritional status. - PubMed - NCBI

It must have been the fructose from apple/orange of the juices. Quoting Ramón:

Ray Peat
"if you have both low cholesterol and low thyroid, then your adrenals aren’t going to able to make the steroids such as progesterone and pregnenolone and cortisol."

Ray Peat
"if a person has low cholesterol they shouldn't start a thyroid supplement full force because the thyroid is going to make you convert cholesterol into the liver bile acids and progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA and so on. So very low cholesterol has to be fixed before you take very much thyroid, and the fruit is the best way to raise your cholesterol up to normal but if a person has at least normal cholesterol then they tolerate a thyroid supplement very well."

Ray Peat
"a supplement of sugar sometimes is needed to bring up your production of cholesterol. You don't want your cholesterol to get below something like a 160mg, as a very minimum. In some studies they were seeing that some diseases such as cancers were associated with very low cholesterol levels. Instead of being the cholesterol being consumed by the cancer, it turns out that the low cholesterol makes you susceptible to developing cancer. There's a Hungarian study about 45 years ago that found that when they chemically lowered the cholesterol, the mortality increased from all causes: accidents, homicides, suicide and cancer; a huge increase in cancer mortality, as they chemically lowered the blood cholesterol. The hormones that aren't being produced from the cholesterol are probably the reason for those increases in mortality."

Ray Peat
"if you have low cholesterol, some sugar such as orange juice will usually bring that to normal."

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals