Dr. Greger Proves Ray Peat Right

Runenight201

@Elephanto could I get a hormonal/metabolic breakdown? His voice is so nasally and high, and of course, the lack of hair and sunken eyes. Curious to know your thoughts.

YourUniverse

Theres a special place in my heart for Dr. Gregor. He started his channel as a way to practice speech therapy for a stutter, and hes come a long way, and I think his mission is admirable, at least its beginnings

Runenight201

I’m confused as to how a guy who prioritizes health so much can’t connect the picture that his lack of hair signals that his way of eating isn’t truly healthy, but he probably swallowed the genetics pill a while ago.

Now I believe a vegan diet could be healthy, but it certainly is harder to get it right, and youd have to supplement plenty and drink lots of potato juice for the needed protein.

Elephanto

@Elephanto could I get a hormonal/metabolic breakdown? His voice is so nasally and high, and of course, the lack of hair and sunken eyes. Curious to know your thoughts.
This level of baldness pretty much implies chronically high Estrogen and Cortisol (avoidance of sat fat/palmitic acid could significantly contribute) for a significant part of his life. Skin tone suggests either high Iron (probably not in his case unless he supplements or eats a lot of fortified food) or some level of vasoconstriction. Men also tend to compensate better for a lack of natural energy by running on adrenaline chronically which triggers protective hormones DHT and DHEA (though I believe they also participate in the balding process in some ways as I showed studies in the past) whereas women are much less able to trigger them (instead Progesterone is also more beneficial to prevent hair loss). The overall picture paints low test (beta, feminine vibe) with some specific androgenic features that reflects high DHT/DHEA-S from stress (maybe has an excess of body hair too) that do not fit with an overall androgenic look from high Testosterone that would result from an healthy, low stress and physically active state (we can also add the psychology component, some studies are quite revealing on this like adopting power/dominant poses or listening to metal raising Testosterone). Voice isn't always a correct indicator of androgens, because I notice in me and some otherwise high test men that when we have a defensive stance (stressed, perceiving threats) the voice gets much higher whereas being relaxed also relaxes the vocal cords and the voice gets much lower so for instance a low stress guy with below average test levels can have a deeper voice than another that is more androgenic but in a stressed state. This is often seen in boxers for instance.

Last edited:

JustAGuy

This level of baldness pretty much implies chronically high Estrogen and Cortisol (avoidance of sat fat/palmitic acid could significantly contribute) for a significant part of his life. Skin tone suggests either high Iron (probably not in his case unless he supplements) or some level of vasoconstriction. Men also tend to compensate better for a lack of natural energy by running on adrenaline chronically which triggers protective hormones DHT and DHEA (though I believe they also participate in the balding process in some ways as I showed studies in the past) whereas women are much less able to trigger them (instead Progesterone is also more beneficial to prevent hair loss). The overall picture paints low test (beta, feminine vibe) with some specific androgenic features that reflects high DHT/DHEA-S from stress (maybe has an excess of body hair too) that do not fit with an overall androgenic look from high Testosterone that would result from an healthy, low stress and physically active state (we can also add the psychology component, some studies are quite revealing on this like adopting power/dominant poses or listening to metal raising Testosterone). Voice isn't always a correct indicator of androgens, because I notice in me and some otherwise high test men that when we have a defensive stance (stressed, perceiving threats) the voice gets much higher whereas being relaxed also relaxes the vocal cords and the voice gets much lower so for instance a low stress guy with below average test levels can have a deeper voice than another that is more androgenic but in a stressed state. This is often seen in boxers for instance.
Can confirm, my voice is very deep when relaxed and goes waaay higher after an intense workout.

Elephanto

Now I believe a vegan diet could be healthy, but it certainly is harder to get it right, and youd have to supplement plenty and drink lots of potato juice for the needed protein.
Most vegans give it a bad rep, I believe it can be healthy too (maybe with some supplements like Vit A though) if one understands well the importance of saturated fats (which you'd get from Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter) and the goitrogenic, estrogenic and anti-androgenic effects of soy. I can already hear the argument that it can't be healthy if you need to supplement an essential thing but I also could go on for days with drawbacks of meat diets you need to account for. I believe the most optimal diet (lifespan-related) absolutely implies the use of supplements to minimize drawbacks of certain foods and that it has never been possible historically until current times.

Last edited:

Runenight201

I agree. I had a train of thought where I believed that the average Paleolithic man had to be suffering from artherosclerosis, unless they were drinking high amounts of brothy vegetable soups. Take for instance the European hunter gatherer, if he’s eating a large amount of tubers and meat, with minimal vegetables, he’s going to have a horrendous calcium to phosphate ratio, and all the phosphate is going to accelerate aging and calcify the soft tissues. The truly robust, supplement free healthy human being existed at the start of our species while residing in Africa, and deviating from that environment has damaged us metabolically. However I don’t think it’s impacted our growth as a species as evident from our dominance in terms of culture, reproduction, and food security, so having poor health doesn’t always mean blunted learning, especially given the fact that so many intellectuals are not what you would consider the most reproductively healthy human beings.

In regards to Greger, I wonder if having low androgens leads to longevity, and his low methionine intake due to avoiding animal protein certainly would be beneficial towards living longer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals