Doxylamine Succinate

Ms.Orchid

I am interested to know, too. Doxylamine succinate has been the only thing that helps my sleep.

OP
M

MSH

Well, I decided to start the DS to help with sleep. The first few nights it put me to sleep within 30 minutes or so which is HUGE for me! Now it takes longer for me to fall asleep using it but I seem to sleep deeper and have vivid dreams. I am a little slow getting going in the morning so I will try and take it earlier.

Now, wether this is from improved sleep or another action my wife commented to me that I seem far less anxious lately. I had to think about it a bit, but the more I did I think she’s right. I had previously been stressing out about a lot of changes at work and I hadn’t even noticed that they weren’t bothering me anymore until she brought it up.

So, are the benefits from better sleep, serotonin reduction, both?

Also, is this stuff safe to take daily long term?

Thanks

Velve921

DS is the powerful sleep supportive supplement I’ve ever tried. Even more than cypro.

OP
M

MSH

DS is the powerful sleep supportive supplement I’ve ever tried. Even more than cypro.

It has been the only thing I’ve ever taken that has truly helped me to fall asleep easily and sleep soundly. My concern is that I need to take it every night or I’m up until 1-3 a.m. I’d imagine taking these long term can’t be too good for me. I’ve taken them almost every night now for about two months. I usually take 25mg.

I wish I knew better as to the why I need them so I could address it and hopefully not need to take DS any longer.

Velve921

It has been the only thing I’ve ever taken that has truly helped me to fall asleep easily and sleep soundly. My concern is that I need to take it every night or I’m up until 1-3 a.m. I’d imagine taking these long term can’t be too good for me. I’ve taken them almost every night now for about two months. I usually take 25mg.

I wish I knew better as to the why I need them so I could address it and hopefully not need to take DS any longer.

I understand.

after years of experimenting with peats inspiration, I’ve found that less and less supplements are actually helpful. Sometimes, there’s one that just needs to be taken consistently and I just kind of stick with it.

High Endotoxin and poor liver function are usually pretty big culprits for poor sleep.

I only actually require 2 supplements a day now. And if I was stuck on an island and had to choose one supplement, it would be DS. (And this is after experimenting with tons of big guns)

OP
M

MSH

I understand.

after years of experimenting with peats inspiration, I’ve found that less and less supplements are actually helpful. Sometimes, there’s one that just needs to be taken consistently and I just kind of stick with it.

High Endotoxin and poor liver function are usually pretty big culprits for poor sleep.

I only actually require 2 supplements a day now. And if I was stuck on an island and had to choose one supplement, it would be DS. (And this is after experimenting with tons of big guns)

Looks like I may need to work on endotoxins and the liver. Thanks for that info. Anything you’ve found particularly helpful in these areas?

So, do you take DS daily? Are you concerned about long term health issues by its use?

What other supplement are you using and for what if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks!

Velve921

Looks like I may need to work on endotoxins and the liver. Thanks for that info. Anything you’ve found particularly helpful in these areas?

So, do you take DS daily? Are you concerned about long term health issues by its use?

What other supplement are you using and for what if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks!

mushrooms, raw carrot, charcoal, and coffee have had the best effects on keeping Endotoxin low for me.

Sugar and saturated fat have been strongly supportive for helping me sleep better.

After 6 years of experimenting, I’m less concerned about long term effects from using a supplement versus not using it and sleeping poorly.

I rotate between DS and Theanine before bed time.

DS or Theanine with aspirin on a daily basis lower stress and tension the most. That’s why I use these as my main 2.

Jib

Doxylamine works like a charm for me. Pretty much puts me right to sleep. I usually take half a pill but if I'm having an especially hard time with anxiety and insomnia I'll take the full 25mg.

sweetpeat

I've never tried doxylamine succinate, but I second the recommendation for theanine. I take it if I'm feeling anxious/stressed at bedtime. I take small amounts during the day if needed by opening the capsule and taking a pinch.

OP
M

MSH

mushrooms, raw carrot, charcoal, and coffee have had the best effects on keeping Endotoxin low for me.

Sugar and saturated fat have been strongly supportive for helping me sleep better.

After 6 years of experimenting, I’m less concerned about long term effects from using a supplement versus not using it and sleeping poorly.

I rotate between DS and Theanine before bed time.

DS or Theanine with aspirin on a daily basis lower stress and tension the most. That’s why I use these as my main 2.

Thanks, this is helpful. I especially like the point you made about the effects of not getting enough sleep and sleeping poorly outweighing the risks of taking the meds.

I wish I could do coffee. I LOVE the taste! Unfortunately, coffee and I don’t do so well together.

Curious about the charcoal. How often and what type do you use? I tried some once. It actually stained my glass and that concerned me. It got me thinking it must have permanently tattooed my intestines!

It has been a while since I have taken any Theanine. I will give it another try.

I appreciate your feedback.

Velve921

Thanks, this is helpful. I especially like the point you made about the effects of not getting enough sleep and sleeping poorly outweighing the risks of taking the meds.

I wish I could do coffee. I LOVE the taste! Unfortunately, coffee and I don’t do so well together.

Curious about the charcoal. How often and what type do you use? I tried some once. It actually stained my glass and that concerned me. It got me thinking it must have permanently tattooed my intestines!

It has been a while since I have taken any Theanine. I will give it another try.

I appreciate your feedback.

I only use charcoal if I have flu symptoms or ate something that didn’t sit well. It’s more reactive.

its been discussed that poor reaction to caffeine can indicate issues with the liver. There’s been times where people only need 1oz of coffee as that’s all that is beneficial for the body for a particular person. Some people need a lot of food to go with their coffee.

Thanks for the feedback. I try to do my best to frame it properly. I’ve seen people talk about being addicted or dependent on a supplement or nutrient as being a potentially bad thing. I drink coffee everyday because the dependence of the nutrients are essential for me having top performance. Some people might say they are dependent on beef liver as it does the same. So, I try to put in perspective my frame as much as possible. DS I do not do everyday. But, if I was stuck on an island and had only 1 choice of a supplement to take everyday, at this point in time that would be it because I know specifically how it affects me and makes me feel better.

SOMO

When someone relies on a supplement to fall asleep, that is extremely concerning and it means one of the most basic functions of the body has broken down.

I think trying an extremely high-Sodium/salt intake should be done in each of these cases, before any sleep supplements.

The salt should lower adrenaline which should allow the person to fall asleep.

OP
M

MSH

I only use charcoal if I have flu symptoms or ate something that didn’t sit well. It’s more reactive.

its been discussed that poor reaction to caffeine can indicate issues with the liver. There’s been times where people only need 1oz of coffee as that’s all that is beneficial for the body for a particular person. Some people need a lot of food to go with their coffee.

Thanks for the feedback. I try to do my best to frame it properly. I’ve seen people talk about being addicted or dependent on a supplement or nutrient as being a potentially bad thing. I drink coffee everyday because the dependence of the nutrients are essential for me having top performance. Some people might say they are dependent on beef liver as it does the same. So, I try to put in perspective my frame as much as possible. DS I do not do everyday. But, if I was stuck on an island and had only 1 choice of a supplement to take everyday, at this point in time that would be it because I know specifically how it affects me and makes me feel better.

My problems with coffee/caffeine are a bit different than most. Coffee absolutely wrecks my digestion and causes me intense pain. This is why I had to eventually let it go. It also caused me some heart palps.

Interesting thing is that when I quit coffee my health went bonkers! I started having panic attacks, social/general anxiety, exercise intolerance, cognitive decline, and a host of other weird issues. Several doctors and lots of cash and I never got a a good explanation for this, much less a cure. Though I don’t have multiple daily panic attacks anymore ( I had these for a little over two years), I still suffer from the other issues.

OP
M

MSH

When someone relies on a supplement to fall asleep, that is extremely concerning and it means one of the most basic functions of the body has broken down.

I think trying an extremely high-Sodium/salt intake should be done in each of these cases, before any sleep supplements.

Interesting. Thanks for chiming in.

What guess would you have in a basic system being broken so that it interferes with sleep and how does salt play into this? Is it just the lowering of adrenaline?

How much salt would you recommend and when?

Thanks!

Frankdee20

It’s an antihistamine and strong anti cholinergic blocker of muscarinic but not nicotine receptors

OP
M

MSH

It’s an antihistamine and strong anti cholinergic blocker of muscarinic but not nicotine receptors

Thanks Frankdee20. I understand antihistamine but I’m not familiar with anti-cholinergic or muscarinic. I did not know salt is an antihistamine. That’s pretty cool.
Thanks

Frankdee20

Thanks Frankdee20. I understand antihistamine but I’m not familiar with anti-cholinergic or muscarinic. I did not know salt is an antihistamine. That’s pretty cool.
Thanks

I was referring to doxylamine succinate

Frankdee20

Doxylamine still works for me at half a tablet 8 out of 10 times I would say for sleep.... The acetylcholine blocking effect has diminished and I feel less dopey the next morning..... I would not say I developed much tolerance ....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals