Doxylamine Succinate

denise

@charlie or @Peata or anyone else who has used this:

Have you noticed any ill effects when you use this stuff? I've been using 1/2 a pill when necessary, and it works really well, but I've also been waking up with headaches (which is unusual for me), so I'm wondering if it could be related to the doxylamine succinate.

When I take it, I am also more likely to wake up at 3 or 4 am for no reason and then go back to sleep again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you noticed any ill effects when you use this stuff?
Not that I know of.

When I first took it I used it every night but then I figured that was probably not a good idea and just take it as needed now.

keith

I can't speak to any of the issues you have experienced, but I find it much easier on me than benedryl, which makes me really foggy and groggy the next day. I only take it for allergies, not to help me sleep, though. You may want to try an even lower dose. I never take more than half a pill, and I'm a 250 lb guy. If you are smaller than that, you might find a quarter pill would be effective without fewer side effects. I've found it to be very potent, personally, but my body may react differently to it than yours.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I never take more than half a pill, and I'm a 250 lb guy.
Me either unless I really just need to knock myself out hard. I only take very small pieces, quarters and maybe sometimes a little less. It's pretty strong stuff.

OP
denise

denise

Ok, thanks. It seemed unlikely that the headaches were related, but I thought I'd ask.

I'm not very responsive to most things--I tend to have to use the max dose of something to feel anything at all. But I'll try 1/4 pill next time I need it and see how that goes.

CrystalClear

Hi Denise, I take this one. It is strong and I take a 1/4 of a tablet to get to sleep, but if stress hormones are higher I will take a 1/2 but it will make me tired the next day. It was good for a long road trip I did last weekend ( hubby driving). On the way to our destination I had high anxiety. On the way back I was more relaxed because I had taken 1/2 tab the night before :happy: If I get a headache with it, I think it is because I sleep through without being able to sip some oj through the night. It could depend on how much protein I ate before bedtime. It's easy for me to get the tablets and they are helpful when I cannot manage to get sleepy otherwise. PS - before "Peating" I did have to take a higher dose, but increased metabolism seems to have helped in reducing the dose. Hope this helps :)

OP
denise

denise

where do you guys get this stuff?
I just got a generic bottle of something at Kroger. It's in some versions of Unisom, I think. Just go to any pharmacy and start reading bottles. You're sure to find something, and it's cheap. (If you're in the US, at least; I don't know about anywhere else.)

BTW, I don't think it was this stuff making me wake early and causing headaches, so that's good.

encerent

This stuff knocked me out fast but gave me incredibly restless sleep.

Velve921

Stuff is strong. Sometimes even more than cuproheptadine in my opinion

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals