Doxycycline making prostatitis worse?

Callmestar

I've had an issue with Prostatitis and a slightly enlarged/tender prostate for about 6 months. I tried a course to tetracycline for about 10 days initially but found no improvement so I just left it and got on with life. The prostate wasn't particularly bothersome or painful, I'd just notice a slight pain now and then when moving in certain positions. My doctor more recently prescribed a 6 week course Doxycycline and I've decided to start taking it, one for the prostate and two on the off chance it might help with some other health issues I'm dealing with, which I won't bore you all with here. Problem is, after 3 days on Doxycyline, the prostate is much worse, much more painful and tender, it's been like this since I started the medication.

Could there be a reason for this? Some sort of die off of the bacteria? Worse before getting better? Or could it be that it's a different form of bacteria in the prostate not treated with Doxycycline and therefore it's somehow allowing whatever bacteria it is to dominate/increase while other bacteria is killed off. Not sure if I should carry on taking it.

Birdie

My husband takes 50mg of doxy about 5 times a week for several years and hasn't noticed worsening with it. He also takes Artemisinin 4 days a week for something else, but since starting this (maybe 2-3 months of it) he says he has improved prostatitis symptoms.

OP
C

Callmestar

My husband takes 50mg of doxy about 5 times a week for several years and hasn't noticed worsening with it. He also takes Artemisinin 4 days a week for something else, but since starting this (maybe 2-3 months of it) he says he has improved prostatitis symptoms.

Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on with the Doxycycline then.
Interesting you mentioned your husband having improvement with Artemisinin. I took Ivermectin for a period of about 5 days some months back and also saw improvement in the prostate. Maybe I should try that again.

Birdie

Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on with the Doxycycline then.
Interesting you mentioned your husband having improvement with Artemisinin. I took Ivermectin for a period of about 5 days some months back and also saw improvement in the prostate. Maybe I should try that again.
I remember your saying that about IVM on some thread. I've heard similar reports...

koky

dr peat replied to my email:
"Doxycycline is known to be able to trigger excess serotonin production."

Doxy can have some bad side effects. Rare but not that rare. I'd stop.

Have you tried Progest-E on the scrotum? Usually shrinks inflamed prostate in a few weeks or months. I know this is prostatitis and not BPH but it very well may help.

On the antibiotic front I'm very fond of azithromycin for these things as it is very very anti-inflammatory.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals