Doxycycline (low And High Doses)

Owen B

I thought this was a tasty study about the difference between low and high dose doxy for (in this study) skin issues.

But the authors also mention cardiovascular, neurological issues.

I thought it was interesting that the authors explicitly call low dose doxy an "anti-inflammatory" dose.

Lots of good citations too. 39, 40-42, 43.

Attachments

• 329418.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 344

Peatful

Just read.
Good find.
Thx for posting.

yerrag

Just read.
Good find.
Thx for posting.
Yes. Now I have to try the low dose doxycycline to see if it helps lowering my blood pressure, as well as an arthritic knee, and my seborrheic dermatitis. The inflammation from LPS may be what connects the dots for me. I may take some vitamin K2 if need be to enhance the anti-inflammatory effects.

laleto12

Yes. Now I have to try the low dose doxycycline to see if it helps lowering my blood pressure, as well as an arthritic knee, and my seborrheic dermatitis. The inflammation from LPS may be what connects the dots for me. I may take some vitamin K2 if need be to enhance the anti-inflammatory effects.
any updates? did you have any improvements from doxy? I also suffer from bloating and seborrheic dermatitis on my face. Maybe doxy would clear them up?

yerrag

any updates? did you have any improvements from doxy? I also suffer from bloating and seborrheic dermatitis on my face. Maybe doxy would clear them up?

I used doxy 40mg/day for about 50 days and my sebborheic dermatitis cleared up on my scalp. But it came back when I stopped using it. It seemed to me that I have a low-grade bacterial infection that continues, and this infection causes the seborrheic dermatitis.

When I say low-grade infection, it's one that manages to slip below the radar because the infection does cause a fever. When the wbc and neutrophils are high (above 6 and 50% respectively) in a CBC blood test, there is a low-grade infection. I don't know though the mechanism by which seborrheic dermatitis is caused. And the cause of infection varies, but in my case it revolves around a keystone bacterial pathogen, p. gingivalis, which is a periodontal bacteria.

Vinny

Sorry, can't open the attached file from my crappy phone. What's "low" dose like, according the authors?
Thanks

Peatful

Sorry, can't open the attached file from my crappy phone. What's "low" dose like, according the authors?
Thanks
20/40mg a day

RawEel

Guys anyone experienced nausea with doxycycline? I'm really struggling.

yerrag

Maybe Benadryl before doxy could help? Check Tarmander's latest Quax podcast with him interviewing haidut. You can find his podcast in podcast Ing apps like SoundCloud and Castbox.

RawEel

Maybe Benadryl before doxy could help? Check Tarmander's latest Quax podcast with him interviewing haidut. You can find his podcast in podcast Ing apps like SoundCloud and Castbox.
Thanks a lot!

Perry Staltic

I didn't realize this about doxy

“Did you get treatment for Lyme?”

“Yes, I took two weeks of doxycycline.”

Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I remembered a med school lecture on how certain pills like doxycycline can cause esophagitis, a horrible erosion and ulceration of the lining of the esophagus.

“How did you take it?”

“What do you mean? I swallowed the pills.”

“Did anyone ever tell you you’re supposed to take the pills with a full glass of water and stay upright for at least an hour afterwards?”

“No, I took them all right before bed.”